Newman axed amongst other list changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately not quiet good enough for afl. Say whatever u want but at least mcginnity gets involved and reliable when coaches give him a job. Watching Newman and Tunbridge reminds of when I saw Folau live. Bit lost.

Was surprised by waterman but if club feels this is necessary then I'll give them benefit of doubt. Clearly they have some plan on draft night and have a couple in mind that maybe we thought were going to go to rookie draft.

Unfortunately not quiet good enough for afl. Say whatever u want but at least mcginnity gets involved and reliable when coaches give him a job. Watching Newman and Tunbridge reminds of when I saw Folau live. Bit lost.
He does a great job as a defensive forward who gets beaten a fair bit of the time, who doesn't kick goals etc.

He's a clogger.

Gee Waterman wasn't even given a game ! Didn't he have an illness that kept him out of the game all season ? What was wrong with him anyway ? This decision seems harsh, but I suppose that they might rookie him.

There's a lot of unrealised talent there. It's a shame. For me this is still the most confusing of the off-season changes, after everything that happened with him he was able to force his way into a top 2 team this year.

Ah well.

If Newman is such an unrealised talent then he will have a number of suitors out there or so you would think. My money is on there being no interest in him.

Seeming some were surprised that there was no interest from other clubs in putting College on their main lists. No surprises here.

Hill is a much superior player to Newman and College was never going to fit into our midfield rotations.

If Newman is such an unrealised talent then he will have a number of suitors out there or so you would think. My money is on there being no interest in him.

Seeming some were surprised that there was no interest from other clubs in putting College on their main lists. No surprises here.

Hill is a much superior player to Newman and College was never going to fit into our midfield rotations.
Brad Hill? Hill has been carried by a great team for three years.

Ah, well then I agree then to a degree. Thought might be comparing the three as they were drafted around the same time.

Would love Josh Hill to have Newmans work ethic, tenacity and tackling skills though. For a skinny kid he stuck a lot of one armed tackles.

He is a failure as a person... that's widely accepted. That's why he was locked up and isolated from society for a year. It is completely acceptable to call him a criminal and a thug as he was found guilty through the courts.
What isn't widely accepted is the crap you post on here. Way too judgmental without the knowledge to back it up.

He copped a bigger punishment than most and served it without a peep. Came out, the club stuck with him rather then cut him loose, and hopefully helped him turn his life around. Im pretty proud of how the club treated him and good luck to him if he doesnt get rerookied.
Exactly...and was treated much more harshly than Williams who did a similar thing but was not jailed therefore not a thug I guess.

we should have delisted newman the moment he got beaten by woosh ie THE FREAKING COACH in a damn time trial...

i mean seriously, wtf?? how much development expenses have we written off by keeping him on the list? absolutely negligent and inexcusable.

Ah, well then I agree then to a degree. Thought might be comparing the three as they were drafted around the same time.

Would love Josh Hill to have Newmans work ethic, tenacity and tackling skills though. For a skinny kid he stuck a lot of one armed tackles.
Th/is the same newman who was beaten by the coach in a time trial?

we should have delisted newman the moment he got beaten by woosh ie THE FREAKING COACH in a damn time trial...

i mean seriously, wtf?? how much development expenses have we written off by keeping him on the list? absolutely negligent and inexcusable.
If clubs overreacted like you, there wouldn't be a Jeremy McGovern or Michael Walters running around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly...and was treated much more harshly than Williams who did a similar thing but was not jailed therefore not a thug I guess.

I wonder if the new plans for mandatory sentencing would have resulted in an even longer sentence had the offence occurred when they are in place.

QS is GBH covered by the planned reforms?

Heard a bit of audio of Vozzo on channel 9 last night. He said that Tunbridge and Newman will possibly be re-rookied but no guarantee. Depends on what is available at our picks.

Impressed with the clubs ruthlessness this year. We are well and truly in premiership mode now.

How many AFL teams have won a flag with 38 senior listed players.

The so touted flexibility is actually called a lack of depth and potentially putting Tunbridge/ Colledge, Waterman and Newman onto a rookie list isn't the best story to tell.

This is a negative story irrespective of how much spin you put on it.

Is anyone else surprised by Powell being delisted? It sounded like he was really starting to improve his performance at reserves and proved to be a valuable member of the league team and he was still around or under 90kgs at 6'5! And then there's Karpany who has averaged like 10 disposals at league level and I think maybe kicked one goal and only broken into the league side fewer times than Powell I believe.

Is anyone else surprised by Powell being delisted? It sounded like he was really starting to improve his performance at reserves and proved to be a valuable member of the league team and he was still around or under 90kgs at 6'5! And then there's Karpany who has averaged like 10 disposals at league level and I think maybe kicked one goal and only broken into the league side fewer times than Powell I believe.
I share your surprise. I thought Powell was beginning to show his potential at league level and Karpany has shown less than anybody except Main. Some mystifying decision making going on. Perhaps they've kept Karpany because they still want the Sheed deal to work, although Sheed is warranting his selection on his own.

How many AFL teams have won a flag with 38 senior listed players.

The so touted flexibility is actually called a lack of depth and potentially putting Tunbridge/ Colledge, Waterman and Newman onto a rookie list isn't the best story to tell.

This is a negative story irrespective of how much spin you put on it.
Whilst generally I respect your views, you are wrong here. We've done well without the next King Koby Stevens.. Sometimes you have to make the tough calls and act. We have and that's something we've been asking for a long while.

But... but... McGinnity or Lucas you say?? If it were your profession you'd be making the safe call with guys who you know can play 3 or more games at AFL level. Like it or not those who know a lot more than us must rate them enough to keep them for a while longer. Some really bad overrating of these guys going on in this thread.. It's quite embarrassing really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back