Preview Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it will be Worsfold, in an attempt to continue on from what one of his best mates started. Obviously game plans and the like will be different, but the underlying philosophies will be the same. Roo has mentioned that Worsfold was first on his list of potential candidates until hearing about Walshy, so no doubt we will ask again.

The other really good footy person to consider is Chris Fagan from hawthorn ....apparently he is clarkos main confidante and a very experienced campaigner ...... Whether he can be sounded for head coach or as an experienced football manager , strategy coach etc he would be worth talking to.
He doesn't want to be a head coach, ruled it out today. Won't get him out of the Hawks either.

Not much love for Matthew Nicks.
Phil was a big fan of Matt & I think he was trying to get him over here ?

The Old Dark Navy's can you fill us in on the level 4 coach accreditation program you seem to know a fair bit about it on the Carlton board :thumbsu:

Not sure if serious.

I know little about it apart from the AFL requiring the qualification for new senior coaches but not sure what the start date is for that.

My only opinion is that it limits the pool of candidates.

Peter Sumich seems like the perfect fit to me, he's well and truly done his apprenticeship.

Sumich served as coach of South Fremantle in 2000 and 2001, taking his club to a grand final in 2001, which the club lost to East Perth. He accepted a role as an assistant coach at the West Coast Eagles when his premiership teammate John Worsfold was appointed senior coach in 2002. Sumich served in this position for ten years until 2011, which included the club’s 2006 premiership victory. The Fremantle Football Club announced in October 2011 that Sumich would be joining the club as an assistant coach under Ross Lyon.

Peter Sumich seems like the perfect fit to me, he's well and truly done his apprenticeship.
Depends what style he wants to implement.

At the beginning of year I was a touch critical of Phil playing a game style that our players simply didn't have the skill to do. If anything a purely defensive dour style is even less likely for success.

We need a great teacher as much as a coach, if that makes sense.

Depends what style he wants to implement.

At the beginning of year I was a touch critical of Phil playing a game style that our players simply didn't have the skill to do. If anything a purely defensive dour style is even less likely for success.

We need a great teacher as much as a coach, if that makes sense.
There are similarities however. He has been an assistant for quite some time and at two different clubs albeit WA clubs. His time might be now and only he can put himself forward to say he is ready to go the next step. Plus attack comes from having a great defensive structure. Should be considered IMO.

Camporeale as interim is a joke .... shocking ! I like the choice of 3 for next year being Dew , Sumich or Bassett .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Camporeale as interim is a joke .... shocking ! I like the choice of 3 for next year being Dew , Sumich or Bassett .
I think that's a bit off. He's been internally retained. He has worked under three head coaches with no reason to be excluded. He must have relevance in the position he holds now.

Explain yourself why it is a joke to upgrade the most senior assistant in these circumstances.

We need all the support we can get.

We should be doing whatever possible to try and get Glass and Worsfold over in a player mentoring capacity.

The mentoring that these two could provide in such trying circumstances could be instrumental in the healing process.

Camporeale was Phils second in charge, he knows the current game plan and players as well if not better than anyone . They have said publicly they will promote from within, seems like an obvious choice.

We need all the support we can get.

We should be doing whatever possible to try and get Glass and Worsfold over in a player mentoring capacity.

The mentoring that these two could provide in such trying circumstances could be instrumental in the healing process.
I agree their help would be massive. Glass is already on the books and hopefully already in contact with the leadership group. Worsfolds presenting himself would also be a great leveller.

I go away next Saturday for a uni internship! please guys make sure u back the boys!!! If I was here I would follow them to every away game and just support the club and campo!!!
Just ******* fly as one! Please

I hope for your club's sake whoever is chosen, be it an assistant or Woosh or someone else they can do the club and Walshy proud :thumbsu:
What's the general thoughts of WC people re Worsfold?

For all his achievements I fear he won't tactically be up to it anymore? How come Simpson revolutionised WC?

I hope for your club's sake whoever is chosen, be it an assistant or Woosh or someone else they can do the club and Walshy proud :thumbsu:
We will get there next week thanks to your help this weekend and the rest of the AFL community.

What's the general thoughts of WC people re Worsfold?

For all his achievements I fear he won't tactically be up to it anymore? How come Simpson revolutionised WC?
I think he had just run out of ideas with the playing group and was burnt out. The good thing about Woosh is he gains respect of players rather quickly and this showed during the good years. However I think part-way through our rebuild, end of 2011 into 2012 something happened and he lost that spark which flowed on to pretty vanilla game plans and relying on same ol' to try and win. Was a remarkable slide in 2012, 2013 really.

We will get there next week thanks to your help this weekend and the rest of the AFL community.

No worries pal. Was nice to see the camaraderie from all clubs where it would be preferred that was not required :(

I'm just gutted. I like everyone else could see we were finally on track to something pretty special. This tragedy may be the event that will forever combine and fortify the club but what about the team. Nobody can predict what's going to happen from here on. It's a major blow. Whoever gets the new keys needs to be strong man, I'd be pushing for Worsfold can't have this group especially now in the inexperienced of another Sanderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back