Other NFL & NCAA Gambling Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just out of curiosity. How much did you guys spend this year gambling on american football? And how much did you win?

I was down about 200 a few weeks ago but won 1200 on a 7 leg multi so up 1000.

I also have a pretty good multi going. Back in september I multid the kc royals to win the baseball world series into the pats to win the afc and the cards to win the nfc.

Back in September it was pretty big odds so im pumped for the playoffs..could get a big win.

I was down about 200 a few weeks ago but won 1200 on a 7 leg multi so up 1000.

I also have a pretty good multi going. Back in september I multid the kc royals to win the baseball world series into the pats to win the afc and the cards to win the nfc.

Back in September it was pretty big odds so im pumped for the playoffs..could get a big win.
You exceeded all expectations :thumbsu:

Also wisely put $10 on Texans and Redskins
pays about $5,580.00
:thumbsu:
And for good measure $20 on Chiefs/Redskins
paying about $3,680.00
Bengals / Redskins as conference champs multibet
172.5 odds @ $20
= $3,450.00 return

Unless you have proof of these bets I'm going to have to report you to higher powers in the BF food chain, G.

This is unacceptable. ;)

How are Green Bay outsiders?

Houston are the best outsiders of the week for me and ill bet accordingly on them, $2.65 at home, yes thanks.

I actually think all of them can win though, even the Vikes.

I would take KC, Seattle and Pitt at the line. KC and Pitt only giving up a FG at the line, and Seattle will win my more then 1 TD.

Not shocked that the Packers/Washington game is close to a toss up, i think it will be decided in the final few mins unless we dont get out OL back together and Shields back. The injury report might flip the teams later in the week if GB get players back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, that's the positive spin.
But the reality is more like putting in a huge amount of effort and money into a date, only to get a hand-shake at the door when dropping her off home.

Every date (year) isn't going to get you a root, G. So long as she isn't throwing a drink in your face at the restaurant, you will have a chance the next time around.

Winning = better than losing, even if it is only a small profit. Break even = better than going busto.

Every date (year) isn't going to get you a root, G. So long as she isn't throwing a drink in your face at the restaurant, you will have a chance the next time around.

Winning = better than losing, even if it is only a small profit. Break even = better than going busto.
What I said originally still stands.....it was frustrating for him.
You argue half the time for the sake of arguing.

Downswings happen in gambling to everyone no matter how good you are was my point, any year in profit is still a good year.

I wasn't arguing for the sake of it to start with, but now i am.

Is it your first time gambling? If so: then probably yes.

If you do it every year for 10-20 years you get an idea of how it works, some years you will have (hopefully big) profits, some years you will have losses, other years you will nearly break even.

It all depends how you look at it and how long you do it for, wouldn't you agree?

If a person is taking stats on their yearly balances there's a fairly good chance they are doing it for long term success and won't be frustrated by a small +% return on the year, thats all i was saying.

How frustrating!
Not really. I had some dud bets and I had some winners. That's the fun of betting. This week was a good week as I won big on a Saints/Eagles/Redskins multi but I find even if i make a small loss i don't really mind as the NFL is even more interesting when i've got money riding on it. Just fyi I'm a risk averse punter, I work on small margins so I don't often make a huge profit (or loss) but overall my strategy seems to be working quite well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back