No Sympathy For Crowley

Remove this Banner Ad

still could be a link between depression and a potential addiction to pain killers.

combine this with previous whispers of two strikes, and you may just be looking at what playing a high profile sport does to the participants. Especially someone who so often plays the antagonist, he would have copped an absolute barrage throughout his career and this may be a sad, sad link to mental illness.
Without knowing who did what etc. this is plausible.

still could be a link between depression and a potential addiction to pain killers.

combine this with previous whispers of two strikes, and you may just be looking at what playing a high profile sport does to the participants. Especially someone who so often plays the antagonist, he would have copped an absolute barrage throughout his career and this may be a sad, sad link to mental illness.

A role he chooses to play.

I hope he doesn't play the depression card. If he has a small amount of self respect he'll cop his whack on the chin

The system needs fixing.

Freo needed to know immediately so they could retire him. Effectively they're now a man down for 2015.
Do you really think that the club didn't know he was under provisional suspension?

Now that's it been confirmed to be drugs and not depression I can say this:

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving bloke! Enjoy your early retirement Pinchy! (or should that be *pinchy now?)

Apology accepted for those ordinary comments.
Some of you need to hold fire from your high horses and life of appropriateness and politically correctness.

In the court of bigfooty, he will always be a campaigner.

all very amusing I'm sure, but word is it's actually depression.

Yep, very amusing. Thanks for your input.

Now that's it been confirmed to be drugs and not depression I can say this:

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving bloke! Enjoy your early retirement Pinchy! (or should that be *pinchy now?)

You're a good man. I was happy to pop off and then apologise if mental illness was indeed a factor.

Do people really believe the pain killer line?

Every time a sportsperson goes down for drugs, the immediate excuse is cough syrup/pain meds/flu tablets/diuretics etc. etc.

Sounds like complete bullshit to me, just sportspeople making excuses for why they got pinged.

Common pain killer / codeine in Panadeine etc. actually converts into morphine in your body.

Hence if you test out of competition allowed. But not in competition.

Every time a sportsperson goes down for drugs, the immediate excuse is cough syrup/pain meds/flu tablets/diuretics etc. etc.

Sounds like complete bullshit to me, just sportspeople making excuses for why they got pinged.

You thinking what then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Common pain killer / codeine in Panadeine etc. actually converts into morphine in your body.

Hence if you test out of competition allowed. But not in competition.

Can you test positive for performance enhancing drugs, and blame it on pain killers?

My point is it seems like a good story to hide under, if you were in fact taking PEDs.

In September early October I do.
According to The Age, the club knew about it in September when he accepted the provisional suspension.

The article doesn't explicitly say they were prescription painkillers, and also doesn't say he was prescribed them. But doesn't say the opposite either. Only that he didn't get them from the club.

Let's say you're a GP in Perth: you'd know who Pinchy is and thanks to the Saad and * cases you'd have to be aware that athletes have to be careful with what they take. You wouldn't prescribe random meds willy-nilly. You just wouldn't.

Entirely possible given his reputation that he's been using prescription painkillers recreationally.

Or that he's a complete idiot who still hasn't figured out not to take random OTC s**t.

Either way, f'in lol.

Apology accepted for those ordinary comments.
Some of you need to hold fire from your high horses and life of appropriateness and politically correctness.

In the court of bigfooty, he will always be a campaigner.

Yep, very amusing. Thanks for your input.

You're a good man. I was happy to pop off and then apologise if mental illness was indeed a factor.
Please tell me you only refer to us mistaking it for depression. If you also mean our posts about the misery of yhe condition in general...

Only you could read that much into it.

Of course the former, I'm a heartless savage, but i'm not a utensil.

I deal with depression my own way. By making more money and taking more drugs and playing more golf and organising more holidays.

I deal with depressed, anxious, sad, suicidal drug addicts on a daily basis, as i say to the ice addicts, the positives are that at least it's only one sleep until christmas.

I deal with depression my own way. By making more money and taking more drugs and playing more golf and organising more holidays.

I deal with depressed, anxious, sad, suicidal drug addicts on a daily basis, as i say to the ice addicts, the positives are that at least it's only one sleep until christmas.
Yes, well my bad. I'm sorry.

According to The Age, the club knew about it in September when he accepted the provisional suspension.

The article doesn't explicitly say they were prescription painkillers, and also doesn't say he was prescribed them. But doesn't say the opposite either. Only that he didn't get them from the club.

Let's say you're a GP in Perth: you'd know who Pinchy is and thanks to the Saad and * cases you'd have to be aware that athletes have to be careful with what they take. You wouldn't prescribe random meds willy-nilly. You just wouldn't.

Entirely possible given his reputation that he's been using prescription painkillers recreationally.

Or that he's a complete idiot who still hasn't figured out not to take random OTC s**t.

Either way, f'in lol.

If they knew and didn't delist him then they're fools.

Could've it been an over the counter drug?

oM8SoPh.gif

What I find rather interesting is that he did not adhere to the club's directive that players should only use medications prescribed/provided by the club doctor. For a young player new to the system, maybe there is an excuse, but he is 31 years of age, has played 188 games and chose to obtain the substance from another source.

Very strange approach and also interesting that the club has gone to some length to state that he did not source the substance through the club.

What I find rather interesting is that he did not adhere to the club's directive that players should only use medications prescribed/provided by the club doctor. For a young player new to the system, maybe there is an excuse, but he is 31 years of age, has played 188 games and chose to obtain the substance from another source.

Very strange approach and also interesting that the club has gone to some length to state that he did not source the substance through the club.
He should know it's no longer topical to copy Warney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back