Nominate an old TV series

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Back Kotter

The Paul Hogan Show

Kingswood Country

Love thy Neighbour

On the Buses

Cheech and Chong movies during ratings periods...

Oh how these shows warped me as a child...

Some of the shows that left an indelible mark on me:

1.In Search Of... (no other show in history comes close as far as I'm concerned)
2. Arthur C. Clarkes Mysterious World
3. In the Wild with Harry Butler
4. Gillette Great Moments in Sport
5. Hawaiian Eye
6. Mind Your Language
7. The Curiosity Show
8. Get Smart
9. Bluey
10. The Paul Hogan Show ("Good evening viewers")

Originally posted by Grogette

BTW I am really enjoying M*A*S*H at 5 O'Clock on Channel 10! :D

Don't you mean Channel 7? ;)

I'm enjoying it too, there have been HEAPS of episodes I haven't seen before, and I used to watch it every single time it was repeated on 10 (usually over summer).

gentle ben

Ghost and mrs muir

magic roundabout

bluestone college

hazell

thunderbirds(surprised no mention yet)

Gigantor

Number 96

The Box

Bellbird

Originally posted by Grogette
:eek: :eek: Absoluately, thanks of that lioness22!!!

That's alright........I got so used to seeing it on 10 as well that for a while I kept telling people it was on 10. :eek: Easy mistake. ;)

Someone said McGiver, wasn't that 80's stuff?

One for the real nostelgics:

Flash Gordon

I used to love the fishing wire holding up the spaceship!

Boy you people sure used to watch a lot of TV. The worst part: I remember them all as well!!

As far as cartoons:

Astro Boy (belonged to an Astro Boy t-shirt club!!!)
Kimba the White Lion
Gigantor - the space aged robot!!
Wacky Races
Roger Ramjet - hero of our (USA) nation.
Bugs Bunny stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All In The family
Good Times
The Rockford Files
Welcome Back Kotter
The Goodies
The Morecambe & Wise Show
The Sweeney
Blakes 7
Minder
Steptoe And Son
Fluffy Tw*tts
Yes Minister/Prime Minister
Parkinson
The Don Lane Show
Kingswood Country
Number 96

And so on.............

Astro boy: pretty much THE TV show for a generation of kids, so far ahead of his time, I love the episode where there is a human murdering robots because robots had killed his mother, but it turns out he was adopted and his mother was actually a robot too and he realised the errors of his ways. Being a robot Dr Elephun fixed her and mother and son were reunited.

The Mysterious cities of gold is a show that I don't remember too clearly but there are certain sequences which have stuck in my brain, almost like remembering a past life. A couple of these are when they use their medallions to unlock a giant stone condor. I always thought it was the lost city gold tho.

Honorable mention to The Banana Splits and Kimber the white Lion.

More as stopgap filler were shows such as Danger Mouse and Roger Ramjet and Banana Man

I almost forgot He-man and Voltron.

This thread turned out good.

Most have been mentioned.

Excellent shows... The Prisoner, Welcome Back Cotter, Get Smart, Cheers, Starblazers (Awesome Japanese flying-battleship outer space cartoon;) MASH (it has stood so many repeats for a reason.), Married with Children (AL Bundy - spiritual guru to the early 90's "Be Miserable" movement.) Drop the Dead Donkey. I Clavdivs.

OK shows
Alf
NIght Court
Herman's Head
Knight rider
Red Dwarf - not really old, but an established classic.
I dream of Jeannie - don't laugh, it actually was pretty watchable.
Chelmsford 123 - Britcom set in Roman times England.

Embarrasing shows
Mind Your Language
On the Buses - (if you like on the buses have a look at what I did to the bigfooty's 100 sexiest men thread, page 8. ;)
Small Wonder - about a 9 year old girl robot and her wacky japes. Profoundly unfunny one liners and situations. Sacharine. Sinister.

How could I forget V? It seemed more plausible than the 6 o'clock news did, when I was a kid.

LizardcharleswithDiana.jpg

Originally posted by lenny&carl
How could I forget V? It seemed more plausible than the 6 o'clock news did, when I was a kid.

I was never allowed to watch V when I was a kid. Don't know why, we weren't really allowed to watch much at all.

Get Smart
Batfink
Welcome Back Kotter

Originally posted by Dry Rot

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Another good call!!!!! I'd LOVE to see this back on telly, it was on the ABC a couple of years back (I don't remember exactly when). My brother has the whole lot on video but I'd still like to see it on telly, some of the best comedy you will ever see. :D

They've had some of the old series' on the Comedy Channel on Austar recently, lioness. If you know someone with payTV they could copy some for you.

Has anyone mentioned The Dave Allen show yet? He was one hilarious dude. :D

Originally posted by horse&duck
How about the show set in a Canadian Timber town near a big lake or the sea. Can't remember it's name.

I think I know the one you mean, they had a a whole lot of pine logs floating down the river and some indigenous people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back