Opinion Non-Crows AFL 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine barracking for port when they play geelong in geelong...i wanna puke
At the end of the day Port are finishing top 2, at worst top 4.
I won't be having a meltdown if they snag a win at Skilled.
I'll be focusing on them losing a pre lim or gf. That's the only hope we have right now.

Nick Blakey impressive in front of media

Really? You think Geelong or Sydney are going to get on a roll?

If we win 13 games we have both these teams covered. Simple.

This isn’t the Geelong of last year. Geelong will lose to Brisbane (Gabba) and Collingwood (MCG) for starters. When are people going to realise this.

The benefit for us is Geelong is playing sides - Essendon, Fremantle, St Kilda and Western Bulldogs - who are also vying for the 8.
Have you seen Geelongs draw? They can easily win one more game than us on the run home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it's not. Makes our high % less of a factor.
We are competing with Geelong for a spot in the finals not Sydney. Our percentage compared to Geelong is negligible. If we win tomorrow we go 2 points up, if Geelong won they’d be level with percentage close, if they lost they’d be 4 points behind us. So given they are still behind us assuming we win, it’s not a bad result.

If we miss the finals, it's because of the Collingwood and GWS losses, not because of this draw.
Yeah definitely. I hate being around the 8 at the end of the year when people start pulling out the calculators.

Just ****ing win. What everyone else does means nothing. If you win R24 and the other games "don't go your way" then you weren't good enough for finals anyway. And if you win enough it doesn't matter what everyone else is doing.

Have you seen Geelongs draw? They can easily win one more game than us on the run home.

Yes I have and it is a damn sight harder than ours.

Based on last nights performance (and other performances during the year) they won’t beat any of Port, Collingwood or Brisbane. So that puts them at 12.5 wins at best.

If we win the games we expect to win (all homes games exc Showdown) plus West Coast we will be on 12. Just need to snag one of Essendon, Melbourne, Brisbane or Port. Are we capable of that? Yes based on last week’s performance.

There more than one team that makes the 8, if we are good enough no one will knock us out.

What is it with some posters negativity? Half empty rather than half full. Whilst a Geelong loss would have been preferred this result screws both Sydney and Geelong.

There are a lot of 8 point games to the seasons end.

As you said, if we are good enough we make it under our own steam.

What is it with some posters negativity? Half empty rather than half full. Whilst a Geelong loss would have been preferred this result screws both Sydney and Geelong.

There are a lot of 8 point games to the seasons end.

As you said, if we are good enough we make it under our own steam.
Adelaide board

People need to stop stressing over other team's results. If we're relying on them to determine our fate, we don't deserve to make it. If we're good enough, we will.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back