Opinion Non-Crows AFL 9

Which team will finish the 2024 season higher ranked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One was going for the footy (albeit recklessly) and the other went past the footy to bump and then went back and got the footy.
Should have been a free kick against Butters though. Could have changed the outcome of the game.

Can see why the difference in MRO decision.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crows and West Coast winning the same week.

GIF by Ghostbusters

How the hell does Crouch get a game and butters doesn't?

Afl is full of cr@p
Crouch bumped first and then got the ball whereas Butters was contesting it the whole time, even though he missed the footy.

Should've been a free though which could've changed the game.

I think that’s a cop out though, he sticks his arms out but barely moves his hands to grab the ball. Comes in so fast he misses the ball
Absolutely he was reckless. But you have to at least attempt or look like you’re going for the ball.
I think butters should have got 1 but saying crouch’s action was the same is just not right.

Having reviewed the incidents, I think this is probably right.

Carroll gets hands to the ball, Crouch comes in side on and bumps him high without touching the ball (doesn't go for it until after the bump).

Banfield might get a hand to the ball, Butters comes in front on, only turns side on when attempting to gather the ball, then bumps him high without touching the ball (but has his hands down to get it).

It's harsh, and they're definitely very similar bumps, but Butters probably approached the contest slightly better.

The fact they used 'Brownlow favourite' in the article is pretty funny though.

He has his hands down to get it, crouch didn’t even look like going for it.
Crouchs hands were down too. The bumps were practically identical. Except Crouch ended up with the ball. In his hands. Because that’s where his hands were.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back