MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griffin leaving the Dogs would be like Jones leaving us.

Absolutely shocking.

They'll get 4+7 apparently

It's overs but I GWS need another big player around to help them keep climbing the ladder and because they seem to be bleeding a fair bit of talent. Griffen is the sort of player that when he's added to the team it might encourage a few of the young guns (ie Cameron, Patton, Shiel, Treloar, etc) to stick around instead of seeking pastures new.

This is why, continuing like he is, Nathan Jones will be this generations Robbie Flower. I know, big call, but Jones has been through more crap than most players EVER go through. Yet he still turns up, captains the club, and puts 110% in every f'n week.

I hope management are giving him the $ he deserves.

That 4+7 deal was what Barrett thought would happen.

The Dogs have come out and said that Griffen is a required player and will need to see out the remaining year of his contract so i can't see how Barrett's proposed trade holds any weight at this stage.

Massive hit to the Doggies though. He is their captain ffs!

Something is rotten at the Dogs. I have a soft spot for them, so seeing this go down with Griffen is pretty sad.

But yeah, my first thought was 'what if Jones did this next season?' Answer - probably give up on following AFL.

Also, this whole 'nominate a club' bullshit has got to stop. If you're coming out of contract... well fair enough. But if you're contracted??!?! Tough s**t - club should be able to send you to the highest bidder.

That 4+7 deal was what Barrett thought would happen.

The Dogs have come out and said that Griffen is a required player and will need to see out the remaining year of his contract so i can't see how Barrett's proposed trade holds any weight at this stage.

Massive hit to the Doggies though. He is their captain ffs!
Of course the Dogs would say he's required etc. But if he's set on leaving then it won't be much good keeping him around, especially since he's theire 'captain'. Also Griffen is getting towards the end of his peak; he's still a good player, but if you could cash him in for 4 + 7 then they'd be silly not to go for it, even reluctantly.

If he wanted to stay, sure he's worth a bit more than 4+7.

Now that he wants out, TAKE THE DEAL.

I don't know he's worth more than that.

He's had maybe one elite season his whole career? Good player, but not worth two top 10 picks.

I don't know he's worth more than that.

He's had maybe one elite season his whole career? Good player, but not worth two top 10 picks.

I think these good players are overrated to their worth

Griffen is a very good player, but 2 Potential KPP are far more valuable to the dogs than a midfielder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is THIS serious?

COLA needs to go, but this is another unbelievable 'rule on the run' from the AFL.

Sydney has been told it cannot trade any players into the club this year or next unless the club is prepared to bring about an instant end to the cost of living allowance.

The Swans are extremely unhappy with the AFL directive, which also prevents the club from recruiting any restricted or unrestricted free agents to the club before the end of 2017.

Is THIS serious?

COLA needs to go, but this is another unbelievable 'rule on the run' from the AFL.

Hahaha that is ridiculous. AFL set the cola rules in the first place. The only consistent thing with the AFL in the last few years is making s**t up as they go.

Is THIS serious?

Seems a 12 year old child is running the AFL now.

Is THIS serious?

In some ways I agree.

But if they are shedding chunks of the Buddy deal and under the cap with the rest its a fair call.

They could have their list at 100% already and are using the 9.8 to slice a huge chunk off Buddy. Adding an extra mill off the deal each year for the first two would mean they may have 50% paid off by the time the CoLA is gone. I'm not okay with that.

Absolute farce. You can't just make up rules like this, especially not halfway into the trade period. Of course COLA needs to go but what sort of organisation punishes a club for following the (unfair) rules set for it? This reeks of Eddie McGuire taking out his Beams-related anger on the AFL.

This is why, continuing like he is, Nathan Jones will be this generations Robbie Flower. I know, big call, but Jones has been through more crap than most players EVER go through. Yet he still turns up, captains the club, and puts 110% in every f'n week.

I hope management are giving him the $ he deserves.

Nate will leave when his deal is up. I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't even be mad at him if he did.

Absolute farce. You can't just make up rules like this, especially not halfway into the trade period. Of course COLA needs to go but what sort of organisation punishes a club for following the (unfair) rules set for it? This reeks of Eddie McGuire taking out his Beams-related anger on the AFL.

Agreed but also of the AFL getting wind of Sydney about to pull of another huge signing. This seems like a panic induced decision for mine.

As much as the dogs are mad about Griffen, 4+7 would be an absolute steal.
And we can sit bottom of the ladder and watch our draftees run away to other clubs through trade and free agency. Make no mistake this is a disaster for our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back