MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came in to rage on this too.

Seemed awkward that he was part of it in the interview as if he didn't belong.

Stfu chip.
Can we add chip to the FistedForever file please

I think that the thing that depresses me most is that within our 50+ year drought Hawthorn have caught up to us and today over taken us. 13 premierships to overtake our 12

Add that as well please Supermercado

Can we add chip to the FistedForever file please
Not a popular opinion, but...

No! Absolutely not!

What is with the hatred of chip? He was a great Melbourne man for a long time. Got an AA and all. And he gave this period of service until free agency- so he moves. I was disappointed too, but who could blame him? Chip in a way proves wrong all the w***ers who say 'Melbourne kills development'

Be a bit happy for him? No?

I respect the hell out of Hawthorn the club, But I still hate them. Their supporters are feral as well. I'm tired of the same old teams doing it over and over.
The expansion teams draft monopoly has had some effect in slowing the rise of other teams (not us) and prolonging the success of Geelong and Hawthorn
And now the draft is back to how it used to be, other than free agency compo, Hawthorn won't drop any time soon. They will still use the other 17 clubs as feeders for any free agents or trades they want to do.

Both correct, is less of a factor than Spencer around the ground but kicks the s**t out of everyone for hitouts.

I feel like you're not giving him enough credit for the odd rampaging burst out of the centre where he strides to 50 and kicks a behind.

Not a popular opinion, but...

No! Absolutely not!

What is with the hatred of chip? He was a great Melbourne man for a long time. Got an AA and all. And he gave this period of service until free agency- so he moves. I was disappointed too, but who could blame him? Chip in a way proves wrong all the ******s who say 'Melbourne kills development'

Be a bit happy for him? No?
Didn't mind chip (However i did recently meet him and my perception changed), but it hurts seeing him walk into a premiership

IMO Chip could have been a bit more humble this week when being interviewed, but at the same time can you really blame him? Probably not.

Put it this way - when Richo was interviewing him I realised I'd always have more respect for a player like Richo - a one club champion. But different eras etc. I've also had a few beers and am a bit emotional. Whatever. Bring on 2016

Didn't mind chip (However i did recently meet him and my perception changed), but it hurts seeing him walk into a premiership
Now you have me interested. Did chip piss you off (a half way good reason and I join you, bear it in mind)

Now you have me interested. Did chip piss you off (a half way good reason and I join you, bear it in mind)
Me and a Semi Melbourne supporting friend ran into him in Melbourne. We said it was good to see him fitting at the hawks and wished him well. To which is response was "Melbourne are Dogs" in quite an antagonising tone.

Up until then i respected him and his decision to leave.

Me and a Semi Melbourne supporting friend ran into him in Melbourne. We said it was good to see him fitting at the hawks and wished him well. To which is response was "Melbourne are Dogs" in quite an antagonising tone.

Well that's random. What a campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like you're not giving him enough credit for the odd rampaging burst out of the centre where he strides to 50 and kicks a behind.
Spencil ran out of the middle and hit Hogan on the tit twice against the Dogs, doubling Lumumba's season's effort.

I wonder if deep down, Frawley feels the same joy as the other Hawks who have been around years and done the hard yards. He did play extremely well today which works in his favour but what a.... lazy... way of getting to the ultimate glory.

Spencil ran out of the middle and hit Hogan on the tit twice against the Dogs, doubling Lumumba's season's effort.

I think I remember seeing those, too. Mmmmm yeah, Silky Spencil...

I wonder if deep down, Frawley feels the same joy as the other Hawks who have been around years and done the hard yards. He did play extremely well today which works in his favour but what a.... lazy... way of getting to the ultimate glory.

I imagine he doesn't give a flying toss. A win is a win, as they say.

West Coast's performance today was utterly shameful. People give us crap for 2000 - but honestly a 10 goal loss was probably reflective of the gap in class between a mish mash of juniors and journeymen and possibly the most dominant team in single season.

The Eagles thrashed Hawthorn three weeks ago - who then had to play in Melbourne, back to Perth, back to Melbourne. I don't think the gap in class between these two teams was great at all (obviously not considering the result in the first final) but there was always a likelihood WC would s**t themselves which they did....all day. I actually don't Hawthorn played that well apart from a period in the second quarter when the Eagles were ******* up so much it was bound to give Hawthorn unlimited confidence. If the Eagles had been able to exert any scoreboard pressure beyond the first 15 minutes I think they could have been a show today.

Instead for the second year in a row I switched off mid-way through the third quarter. But unlike last year which was a ruthless display - the Eagles just fluffed around, dropped chest marks etc until inevitably the Hawks would kick a goal on the rebound.

Then you've got these Gen Y nuffies on social media saying their "proud" of the Eagles season. Today was "not their day", and they did well just to make it.

* me drunk - one of the WC players even picked Hodge up off the deck at the end of the third term and dusted him off despite trailing by 50 points in a Granny. My God - treat the reigning back to back premiers with cotton gloves.

The Eagles in 91 lost to the Hawks by 53 points - yet that game shat all over this clanger-fest.

I only wish West Coast lost by more because they deserved to.

West Coast's performance today was utterly shameful. People give us crap for 2000 - but honestly a 10 goal loss was probably reflective of the gap in class between a mish mash of juniors and journeymen and possibly the most dominant team in single season.

The Eagles thrashed Hawthorn three weeks ago - who then had to play in Melbourne, back to Perth, back to Melbourne. I don't think the gap in class between these two teams was great at all (obviously not considering the result in the first final) but there was always a likelihood WC would s**t themselves which they did....all day. I actually don't Hawthorn played that well apart from a period in the second quarter when the Eagles were ******* up so much it was bound to give Hawthorn unlimited confidence. If the Eagles had been able to exert any scoreboard pressure beyond the first 15 minutes I think they could have been a show today.

Instead for the second year in a row I switched off mid-way through the third quarter. But unlike last year which was a ruthless display - the Eagles just fluffed around, dropped chest marks etc until inevitably the Hawks would kick a goal on the rebound.

Then you've got these Gen Y nuffies on social media saying their "proud" of the Eagles season. Today was "not their day", and they did well just to make it.

**** me drunk - one of the WC players even picked Hodge up off the deck at the end of the third term and dusted him off despite trailing by 50 points in a Granny. My God - treat the reigning back to back premiers with cotton gloves.

The Eagles in 91 lost to the Hawks by 53 points - yet that game shat all over this clanger-fest.

I only wish West Coast lost by more because they deserved to.

Well said. Eagles let every fan watching today down. The GF should be the best game all year. People make plans to sit down and watch it. This would be in the top 10 for worst game of the year. If we dished this up during the season (which we did) mainboard threads would be asking for our relegation. But somehow, it is admirable to not turn up on GF day?

Yeah - I was at least hoping for some consolation in the form of salty West franchise tears - but apparently this was a 'great effort' and they should be 'proud' despite being uncompetitive for all but the first 10 minutes.

Muppet club, muppet supporter base.

Agree. Sod the prick.

Haven't been to the mainboard yet, but i'm assuming weagles fans have had melt down and complained the Grand Final should have been held at Subi.

Nic Nat has his cheap highlights reel but he has no positional awareness whatsoever. To my mind, he was the worst performing big name on the day (as Kennedy was starved of opportunities).

Oh, and * off Chip you dumb campaigner

Haven't been to the mainboard yet, but i'm assuming weagles fans have had melt down and complained the Grand Final should have been held at Subi.

There is honestly a thread (which do not to the justice of opening) which complained of AFL grounds not being uniform in size - and yes, started by a Muppet Coast supporter.

IMO Chip could have been a bit more humble this week when being interviewed, but at the same time can you really blame him? Probably not.

Put it this way - when Richo was interviewing him I realised I'd always have more respect for a player like Richo - a one club champion. But different eras etc. I've also had a few beers and am a bit emotional. Whatever. Bring on 2016
I agree he gave a big fat tool interview. I thought it wasn't so much sinister, more he had a mike in his face and his improv wasn't ideal.

He was still a demon and an AA - I totally agree though that I love the one club guys. Brad Green, Nat Jones are in a special class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back