MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's scary how good their running game is. Yes they have the cream of young AFL talent but that standard of running game takes confidence and practice. They've endured a lot of beltings trying to play that style of footy over the years but they stuck to their guns and now it's showing.

It's not the only way to play, you have to be able to slow/lock the game up too but it's the hardest aspect of the game and separates the good teams from the poor teams.

Under Roos we haven't looked close to trying to take games on with a running game and were only putting it off - Roos is running out of time.

Furthermore the strength and conditioning of GWS is miles ahead of MFC.
I wouldn't go that hard and say we haven't seen a glimpse... Vs GCS we played some really quick, fluid and attacking footy. But, they let us I guess, which the players would have picked up on and fed off. And there it goes again, coming back to confidence and mindset. As usual.

Hate him as a player in general. He makes terrible decisions (even up forward) and is a complete nervous wreck when any pressure is applied or even threatened. Sure he may be an alright set shot at goal but good luck getting lace out passes with us.

Not lying. I'd love to see the back of Dawes and Schoenmakers would be a marginal improvement on him. That's what I've been reduced to.

Not lying. I'd love to see the back of Dawes and Schoenmakers would be a marginal improvement on him. That's what I've been reduced to.

Id like to see us to progress from recruiting duds.

Im just a kid with a dream, i know. :(

I'm not watching Hawthorn v Sydney. Both of those sides are going to be there deep into September so a game in the home and away season means jack s**t in the scheme of things. I would rather watch Freo v North.

I hope Freo win it this year. I'm dead set terrified of what they'll do to us in Perth when we go there later this year.

Roughead goes missing when it's tough.

He's been terrible tonight, agree, it also appears Stratton has decided to do his best impersonation of Schoenmakers down back tonight, clanging it up real good and proper.

Jeremy Cameron would be nice, I just don't know how we get him here. Don't mind that James Stewart at GWS - fair size, moves well, skills and hands okay, knows how to play footy. Won't be room for him when Patton comes back. Not too many other key forwards floating around that we can try to pick off that I can think of. Aaron Black may be one of the few players still in the AFL just as awful as Chris Dawes.

Cracking game this.

Pretty much first mistake Rioli makes all night and he leaves the 4 points behind.

Pretty much first mistake Rioli makes all night and he leaves the 4 points behind.
Brilliant game of footy, was pretty much barracking for Hawthorn to win it to get my tip right

What a match. That's a level above everyone bar Freo right there. McVeigh and Parker were huge. They miss Mummy bad. Mike Pike was hopeless. Tippett and Kennedy were pretty average too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tonight I'll go to sleep and dream about a magical world where the MFC are allowed to take any five players in the comp because we've been awful for so long. I think I'll take Parker, Fyfe, Dylan Shiels, Mummy and Treloar.

What a match. That's a level above everyone bar Freo right there. McVeigh and Parker were huge. They miss Mummy bad. Mike Pike was hopeless. Tippett and Kennedy were pretty average too.
I think you are forgetting Casey beating Richmond at Casey fields tonight

Yeah he missed a couple, however Breust missed a sitter within the last 2 minutes I believe.
Just remembered, i thought that was Gunston not breust, my bad

First time watching Mitchell play I see?
Hehe. I's never seen it that bad. It was as if he thought he needed to. I still think he's good enough without all that. He had an impact on the game without worrying about conning umpires and diving.

Speaking of diving. There was WAY more of it in the two games on last night than in any Aleague game I've ever watched. People refuse to admit it but diving/staging is a pretty big part of the game now

Tonight I'll go to sleep and dream about a magical world where the MFC are allowed to take any five players in the comp because we've been awful for so long. I think I'll take Parker, Fyfe, Dylan Shiels, Mummy and Treloar.
To give a good example of the lottery of the draft, three of the five players were outside the first round, and the other two were underage recruits. Fyfe went #20, Parker #40, Mumford #57 in the rookie draft. The most important person at a club is the head recruiter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back