Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the concept but the problem isn't the relegated club but the incoming club (almost certainly a VFL side I synically suspect) that will not have the revenue base to support an AFL programme.
That's a big issue.
You don't want to lose ANY of the non-vic sides to relegation and have them replaced by a VFL one.
Relegating the right type of club wouldn't be a bad thing, but you can't guarantee that.
Teams with small supporter bases and limited ability to attract sponsorship wouldn't be missed. And any replacement would at worse be like for like. But losing a non-vic team (except maybe GC) or a big name Melbourne team would really muck things up.
Would the AFL accept Sydney being relegated?

And then there's the draft. Do players from a relegated team have to stay to play in the VFL? What draft concessions does a promoted team get?

Relegation is fine in theory but with how the competition is set up geographically and demographically it just wouldn't work.

Us, Collingwood & Richmond would be the Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal of EPL.

Bring it on.

56f0a3102f29bc558c745e31985bb1f1.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lethlean suddenly out as Saints CEO. I'd speculate on which subordinate he was sleeping with but the truth is that he probably just lost the battle of the egos with Lyon.

Likely both are the same thing when Lyon is involved.

Tom Morris

@tommorris32

Jack Silvagni has done his ACL. Huge blow.
@9NewsMelb

@wwos

@FootyonNine

I’ll never not feel bad for anyone who does their ACL. Such a s**t injury no matter who it is or what club they play for

Remove this Banner Ad

Back