Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2023, part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was quite early in the year if I recall. Maybe May? Melbourne nearly knocked off Collingwood and threw it away against Carlton so I don’t feel that prediction was well tested. I would have backed them to beat Brisbane in a Prelim.
Round 13 in June - Kings birthday match

Around that time, so many were sold on the top 4 being the clear cut best and no other teams were a chance

Giants & Blues doing what Scott talked about all year. Rather hit the finals in mint condition and playing well and finish 7th or 8th rather than banged up and in average form and having the double chance! With Adams out for the Woods the giants are a genuine chance now against the woods. Gee whiz!
Giants are in great form. Strong mids, Backline is solid, and dangerous forwards. stars on every line.
Finally seeing why a lot of those guys were high draft picks. Just starting to click into gear.
The uberteam we feared for years just may be coming into its own..

Giants are in great form. Strong mids, Backline is solid, and dangerous forwards. stars on every line.
Finally seeing why a lot of those guys were high draft picks. Just starting to click into gear.
The uberteam we feared for years just may be coming into its own..
Wonder if we'll be saying the same about Dimma's GC in a year or 2

Anyone but Collingwood and Carlton. The other two don't count due to all the concessions they're given.

No -

Western Sydney is a very tough market - or even in certain areas of it to live their

They have been a good solid competitive club in their existence - i think they have played on their home ground an attractive brand of football good to watch - and have been hard to beat - beaten us twice at Kardinia Park

So if this year they somehow win the Premiership - then you doff your Cap to them - Outstanding performance

Last edited by a moderator:
No - that is a comment from a football perspective of a sour miserable barsstard
The only miserable bastard is you.

Fact: GWS and Brisbane get academy advantages that isn’t afforded to teams South of the border.

If we're going to give Brisbane access to father/sons then they need to scrap the academies If they're serious about equalisation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're going to give Brisbane access to father/sons then they need to scrap the academies If they're serious about equalisation.
Funniest thing I've heard all year. The AFL is about as interested in actual equalisation as a vegan would be in a Bacon & Egg Burger.

Orwell's great truism is easily adapted for football purposes...

'All teams are created equal, but some are more equal than others.'

But kicks bull shite goals vs us ..
That was my point, anything he gets a boot to inside 50 against us he's deadly accurate and penetrating, last night it was 0.3 and I think an OOF too. Willie Rioli though franked his Cat four goal form with three last night though.

I want the Giants to win the GF to be honest, they've won all over the nation this year, they always own us at K.P which is bloody annoying, but to be honest they have to be given some credit for being quite a successful new side, albeit with lots of high draft picks to begin with. Starting from 2016 they have only missed the finals twice, they've won a final in every year they've played in them, and now they have 10 wins out of 16 finals. Considering the Suns have never really threatened September except the season Gary injured his shoulder in 2014 (and they fell away late that year too), I just reckon it would be nice for them to win.

Advantages are very few GWS supporters to rub things in, and plus we have Jeremy too. But they've served quite a finals 'apprenticeship' and it's not undeserving for them to win the lot.

Fact: GWS and Brisbane get academy advantages that isn’t afforded to teams South of the border.

Except the AFL has a conflict of interest....it preaches 'equalisation' but has a vested interest in its franchises winning a GF.

Except the AFL has a conflict of interest....it preaches 'equalisation' but has a vested interest in its franchises winning a GF.
Pretty much. Academies and NGA zones need to go full stop.

I'll ask why the AFL thought it necessary to remove Warranambool for our NGA zone and give it to the Bulldogs.

Every club has received handouts over the journey

We got Tom Hawkins with what was it pick 64 or something - a 3rd round draft pick - for at the time clearly the number one junior footballer in Australia

That turned out pretty handy for the Cats mate

I voted on the thread that i would like Coll to win the flag - because i like seeing the number 1 team finishing on the ladder win the flag - however if GWS win this years flag it is outstanding for the code of AFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back