Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to PART II of our Non-Geelong discussion thread, and seems like perfect timing to open this on the night we confirm our 2 Grand Finalists for season 2023 with the knowledge that neither is us

As per the last edition of this thread and in the words of the wise dazbroncos

It's rollover time people.... another 10k posts bite the dust.

All NON Geelong footy matters get discussed here.

It's a full on potpourri on non GFC footy stuff.

Keep you heads however... minds and weeks get lost here sometimes.

GO Catters

Go Lions.

... would move to 4 Flags in the AFL era, same as us.

A Pies win would see them move to 3...

I can't see Brisbane getting it done though, Collingwood will be fanatical.

I know you had them winning the GF by a dozen goals weeks ago and it looks as though you'll be bang on the money CE.

I'm not a fan of the Pies by any stretch but they've been the best team in 2023 and have a number of players who I could not begrudge a Premiership medal; Mihocek, Darcy Cameron, even Jamie Elliott.

Nick Daicos has to be odds on for the Norm Smith.

Is it just me or did anyone else get ******* déjà vu watching Carlton start like a house on fire then just completely die in the arse. Thought I was watching the 19 prelim and 20 GF again, * me it was painful.

Last edited:
Daicos, by the standards of this season and the AFL's rhetoric, should miss.
But he's hit the trifecta:
  • finals discount (gf edition)
  • brownlow possibility
  • big(gest) Melbourne club with a redemption story and media backing

Is there any AFL rule or interpretation that is not flexible? Nobody is calling for his head. All everyone wants is consistency, and the AFL refuses to give it.

Daicos, by the standards of this season and the AFL's rhetoric, should miss.
But he's hit the trifecta:
  • finals discount (gf edition)
  • brownlow possibility
  • big(gest) Melbourne club with a redemption story and media backing

Is there any AFL rule or interpretation that is not flexible? Nobody is calling for his head. All everyone wants is consistency, and the AFL refuses to give it.

Agree 👍.

Pies do get away with quiet abit ..

I know you had them winning the GF by a dozen goals weeks ago and it looks as though you'll be bang on the money CE.

I'm not a fan of the Pies by any stretch but they've been the best team in 2023 and have a number of players who I could not begrudge a Premiership medal; Mihocek, Darcy Cameron, even Jamie Elliott.

De Goey for me.
ND may have the week 2 syndrome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GF’s do have a habit of evening out home field advantage. I normally lean heavily to favouring home team in all other games, but I always favour the team with better form and health in the GF.

Lions will win.

So will their umpires

It would be hilarious for Collingwood to lose another GF against the Lions.

Since 1990 they are 1 win from 6 GF’s. 0-3 against interstate teams. I am fairly sure they were betting favourite in 2003, 2011 and 2018 and lost every time.

The Colliwobbles are real.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back