Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2023, part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly couldn't care less.

Most boring final 3 sides for mine in a long time. Don't won't any of them to win.
I don’t like either but I’d prefer the Lions to win over the pies.
Seeing Ginnavin and Cox with premiership medals would be sickening.

Fun fact: It's been 23,744 days since Collingwood last won a grand final in September (20th September 1958 to be precise).

Their last 2 grand final wins were both won in October (October 6, 1990 and October 2, 2010).

They've been 0 wins, 10 losses and 2 draws in September grand finals in that time. (All up in grand finals since 1958 they're 2 wins, 12 losses and 2 draws - the other 2 losses were the 1977 replay and the 2011 grand final against us).

Woah woah. You were broke already from betting they wouldn’t make top 4!
I did say they were a red hot shot at straight sets. I said their inefficiency would come back to bite them at some stage this year. I never said they wouldn't finish top 4. You were all over them most of the year.

This is the only thing casting doubt on "Pies by 12 goals plus" next week as an outcome. You are unreliable.

cats_09 get a lollipop or something

Every season I try to build up the boards tipping comp, get as many folks involved as possible and try for discussion & bit of banter around it, but I swear I post more about & reminders for tipping then actual interaction between tipsters

And as with any of these types of comps, people drop out during the season and thinking that's especially true for season for when our season seemed to be over - just need to consider we had 40 starters, and with the last 3 matches of the season to counted, we've currently got 10 tipsters within 10 correct tips, & 20 tipsters within 20 tips if the leader...

I know for myself there was weeks I just didn't enter tips as I had other things taking priority - so I'm surprised i managed 119 correct to this stage... Although that's a pretty good number 😎

Last edited:
I did say they were a red hot shot at straight sets. I said their inefficiency would come back to bite them at some stage this year. I never said they wouldn't finish top 4. You were all over them most of the year.

This is the only thing casting doubt on "Pies by 12 goals plus" next week as an outcome. You are unreliable.
Hahahahha. You never said Dees wouldn’t make top 4. Oh this is rich!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fun fact: It's been 23,744 days since Collingwood last won a grand final in September (20th September 1958 to be precise).

Their last 2 grand final wins were both won in October (October 6, 1990 and October 2, 2010).

They've been 0 wins, 10 losses and 2 draws in September grand finals in that time. (All up in grand finals since 1958 they're 2 wins, 12 losses and 2 draws - the other 2 losses were the 1977 replay and the 2011 grand final against us).

My favourite addition to that - Eddie was born 29 October 1964

Collingwood haven't won a September grand final during his lifetime

Anyway my updated version:

1. Collingwood
2. Port Adelaide
---
3. Brisbane
---
4. Melbourne
5. Geelong
---
6. Bulldogs
7. Adelaide
8. St Kilda
9. Essendon
10. Richmond
11. GWS

Despite Melbourne being likely for top 4 and Geelong not, nothing really splits the teams on 2023 performance and the Cats ceiling is higher.
My most recent ladder in this thread.

Followed by "Melbourne the most unconvincing top 4 side since Hawthorn 2018 and Geelong 2014. Any elimination final winner would be lucky to face them"

And then actually predicting straight sets multiple times while you were bullish on a prelim at minimum.

catempire for the next one I believe you're setting the Pies line at 12 goals. I think I'll take that one too.
Cool. What odds will you give me? Or will you be wishy washy like you are on all your predictions.

“I’ve got serious doubts Pies will win by 12 goals” 😂

Which mods are you talking about as the Geelong mods don't have any prizes to hand out

But if you like we can give you a round of applause, and congratulate on winning a tipping in which I genuinely believe a good portion of the participants checked out of tipping halfway through the season

Harry Potter Lol GIF by Sky
Because they were out of contention that early… oh boy….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back