Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2022, part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rory Lobb's popular.

Every time I switch on the game, there’s a soft (non-existent) free to the bulldogs in front of goal. Not sure how they consistently do it year after year, no matter where they’re playing.

Sean Darcy getting bowled over by Caleb Daniel. Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs ran out of puff last quarter against a Port side that I think have extra levels at home to what Freo can currently manage. If Dogs play like that again I think they could win.
Little less non-committal about it than I should've been, but yeah Freo no good this year. Pencil in our road trip there for a win.

Will Freo ever have a fully balanced list? They look years away from having a finals standard team from an attacking point of view. Their only reliable goalkicker is an aging and declining Michael Walters who will be retired by the end of next year at the absolute latest. And their best mids aren't goalkickers either. Worrying signs for their future.

As a general forward who also pushes occasionally into the midfield then Taranto is very good. As a pure mid.. not so much
He should work as a slaughterman..

Will Freo ever have a fully balanced list? They look years away from having a finals standard team from an attacking point of view. Their only reliable goalkicker is an aging and declining Michael Walters who will be retired by the end of next year at the absolute latest. And their best mids aren't goalkickers either. Worrying signs for their future.
Their forward mix has seemingly always been bad. Briefly propped up by Pavlich with Walters and Ballantyne. And despite all his limitations, Lobb was an important piece for them last year (unlike his current bit part role with the Dogs).

It's nice to have one side from last season ruled out of finals. That's St Kilda's spot. Richmond aren't far away.

The Bont would have to be almost my favourite non Cat player... What a gun, felt like he went at 100% efficiency tonight, early especially he seemed to have a half in every single goal or his play the Dogs had

Their regression from last season looks alarming right now. I was a believer in Longmuir, but he looks absolutely bereft of ideas at the moment. The team is playing with the handbrake on, and is getting absolutely punished by opposition line-ups that want to play direct and fast footy.

Extremely worrying signs for them.

The Bont would have to be almost my favourite non Cat player... What a gun, felt like he went at 100% efficiency tonight, early especially he seemed to have a half in every single goal or his play the Dogs had

He is sheer class.

Bulldogs are a very watchable team with some diverse units in Caleb Daniels, Aaron Naughton and Tim English. Liam Jones return has been pretty emphatic to date too; flew at everything against Freo and a lot them stuck; reminded me of Tom Stewart at his best.

Why are Freo so rubbish this year? Weird.

They had a great win last week against The Suns, until you consider that they had got themselves into such a terrible position against The Suns.

As others have said; no key forwards, no wonder they didn't like letting Lobb go.

Luke Jackson - who I probably like as a player more than most - is on a hiding to nothing and finds himself in a bit of a hole. He was actually ok last week, but he just doesn't get involved enough when you consider the investment Fremantle have put into him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back