Independent Wrestling Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

New Japan have brought in Will Osprey, Roderick Strong, Dalton Castle and Moose to fill some of that void left by the departing stars.

Strong v Omega for the IC title could be amazing

New Japan have brought in Will Osprey, Roderick Strong, Dalton Castle and Moose to fill some of that void left by the departing stars.

Strong v Omega for the IC title could be amazing
If they are permanent or at least frequent freelancers like Shibata that's great.

The Melbourne City Wrestling show coming up on the 13th is looking pretty great. Dowie James vs Adam Brooks should be awesome & Jimmy Havoc vs Mikey Nicholls should also be pretty damn good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably Goto, but the match was fine, just not up to what both are capable of. The build was pretty good but I don't think too many were buying him as a potential champ. He came out in this mask with white and grey body paint that looked a bit weird.

yPSH99K.jpg

Probably Goto, but the match was fine, just not up to what both are capable of. The build was pretty good but I don't think too many were buying him as a potential champ. He came out in this mask with white and grey body paint that looked a bit weird.

yPSH99K.jpg
No Styles and Nakamura so they need a third contender. Dunno who it could be.

Reports that Anderson and Gallows will leave after next week's event.

Good (Even though they've been alright recently and I reckon Anderson is a pretty awesome singles guy). At the end of the tag match at the second new beginning show
Tama Tonga came out and challenged GBH, with his partner being a new Bullet Club member.

Wrestlemania weekend show have announced a few matches

Evolve 58
Zach Sabre Jr vs Will Ospreay

Evolve 59
Ricochet vs Will Ospreay

WWN Supershow
Thatcher vs Callihan
Sabre Jr. vs Chris Hero

also Hero vs Matthew Riddle has apparently been announced but i'm not sure which show. i'll probably be going to 58 and the WWN Supershow (ROH TV when 59 is on) so hopefully one of them. would love to see that match

edit: Hero vs Riddle is at Evolve 57 in Brooklyn two weeks before Mania:(

Last edited:
I saw Ospreay in a PWG special some months back. Exciting talent.

Ospreay is great if you like your pro wrestling to be guys who look like the least intimidating IT nerd in your office running through the routine that got them rejected at a Cirque Du Soleil tryout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back