Resource Noober's Player Videos for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

noobermensch

Club Legend
Apr 21, 2022
AFL Club
Essendon
Back in the saddle for another season of draft watching!

I create videos that attempt to capture all of a players interactions with the play in a given game... the hope being that it allows you to make your own mind up on how a kid played on the day, and what their strengths and weaknesses are. I started making these videos largely in response to frustration with poorly informed draft discussion and incorrect expectations on kids that would be created from supporters watching 2 min highlight clips.

If you're the type of person that wants to develop an informed opinion on the draft pool but doesn't have hours to spend every weekend watching junior footy then you've come to the right place. I'll post almost everything that I make in this thread, but of course the true authoritative source is my youtube channel:

Footy Stuff - If you enjoy my vids then subscribing to the channel is much appreciated.

If there's a particular kid that you'd like vision of then I do take requests, although I can't promise that I'll be able to get to it immediately. I maintain a flexible list that I work from.

I'm not a big draft guru like some others on this board, but for what its worth my current top 10 for 2024 is:

1. Finn O'Sullivan
2. Josh Smillie
3. Sid Draper
4. Levi Ashcroft
5. Jagga Smith
6. Sam Lalor
7. Tyler Welsh
8. Phoenix Hargrave
9. Christian Moraes
10. Leo Lombard

And then a bunch of others that are circling the top 10 in no particular order: Tom Gross, Ben and Lucas Camporeale, Luke Trainor, Muphy Reid, Zak Johnson, Isaac Kako, Jack Whitlock.

In terms of draft strength, I feel as though this one could be quite deep, but lacking the real elite top end that we got last season. Of course, this is all subject to change, which is all part of the fun of draft watching!

We love u on the Carlton Board Noober but we'll send u the best h**kers money can buy if u clip up the Campo twins all season :heart::heart:

Apologies if Ben's kicking action is a bit of an eye sore. He had a bit of the Aaron Naughton's last season

We love u on the Carlton Board Noober but we'll send u the best h**kers money can buy if u clip up the Campo twins all season :heart::heart:

Apologies if Ben's kicking action is a bit of an eye sore. He had a bit of the Aaron Naughton's last season
I'll have to see how I go getting vision from the SANFL u18s. Last season was a bit of a chore.

If they end up playing seniors it'll be no problem.

Moraes showed some signs of rust like many on the day and will be better for the run, but overall he played a solid game that helped to spur his Eastern team to victory. One of the more interesting developments was his impact when played in the forward line where he presented well on the lead and kicked a couple of goals.

A tough start to the season for the early pick 1 favourite. Finn suffered a thumb fracture in the first quarter, but battled on to have a positive impact for the Chargers. Even though he was understandably quieter than normal, he still showed some of the elite traits that have recruiters salivating.

A fiery encounter in which Ashcroft faced a lot of close checking and off the ball attention from his opponents, including one incident in the third quarter that saw him leave the ground in the hands of the medical staff. He fought through it to play a solid game for his Dragons team and help them to a big win.

A strong, near BOG performance from Murphy Reid in the season opener. Splitting his time between midfield and wing his combination of endurance, agility and foot skills were on prominent display.

An imposing first game from key forward prospect Jack Whitlock. On a breezy day that wasnt conducive to high marking or accurate kicking, Jack got better as the game went on, ending up with 4 goals and 20 disposals and was almost as impressive on the ground as in the air.

After a slow start playing in the forward line, a move into the midfield in the second quarter sparked Jagga into life. He found a lot of the footy and drove his team forward, but tended to be a little wasteful by foot like many of his teammates on the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunate internet outage over the weekend has set me back a bit.

The traditional rivalry between the Dragons and Chargers resulted in a big win for Sandy, and Taj Hotton was instrumental in the victory with a BOG performance. He didn't stop working all game, was clean with the ball, strong overhead and topped it off by hitting the scoreboard.

Another solid performance from Smillie in a contest that his Eastern team dominated from start to finish. His normally accurate kicking was a little off, but he beasted the stoppages for the first three quarters. His stats dont look outstanding, but he ended up sitting out the 4th quarter for reasons unknown. Fingers crossed he wasnt injured.

Coming off an excellent opening game, Moraes was even more prolific this week playing his hybrid midfield/forward role. He stuffed the stat sheet and was probably BOG in a game that Eastern dominated from start to finish.

An interesting watch. Trainor picks up a smaller forward, then largely ignores them in general play. He zones off to intercept and rebound. He pushes way up the field, almost playing as an extra midfielder at times, setting up as a defensive sweeper at stoppages on the wing.

With the shackles unleashed this week Levi showed us what we'd been expecting to see from him this season. Hard running, prolific ball winning and an attacking mindset focused on driving the ball forward for his team.

Another solid performance from Smillie in a contest that his Eastern team dominated from start to finish. His normally accurate kicking was a little off, but he beasted the stoppages for the first three quarters. His stats dont look outstanding, but he ended up sitting out the 4th quarter for reasons unknown. Fingers crossed he wasnt injured.

He's a beast on the inside, Cripps like.

Any chance of Xavier Ivisic and Xavier Lindsay?

Love your work btw

He's a beast on the inside, Cripps like.

Any chance of Xavier Ivisic and Xavier Lindsay?

Love your work btw
Thanks mate. Lindsay was massive on the weekend so I definitely want to get that game done. Ivisic is on my radar but might have to wait until things slow down a bit.

WA finally have a bolter mate to watch. Luke Urquhart (East Fremantle). Moved up about 25 places on my board in 2 matches. He's a certainty to play for WA and maybe a late shot at being the number 1 from this neck of the woods.

WA finally have a bolter mate to watch. Luke Urquhart (East Fremantle). Moved up about 25 places on my board in 2 matches. He's a certainty to play for WA and maybe a late shot at being the number 1 from this neck of the woods.
Awesome, I'll check him out

Tracking a potential draft bolter from WA thanks to Futbolista . Luke Urquhart is a 190cm mid/forward with an exciting skill set. Ability to find the footy inside and outside the contest, tough tackling and serious hurt factor with his possessions. A long penetrating kick from a lovely fluid action which allows him to set up teammates and hit the scoreboard.

Tracking a potential draft bolter from WA thanks to Futbolista . Luke Urquhart is a 190cm mid/forward with an exciting skill set. Ability to find the footy inside and outside the contest, tough tackling and serious hurt factor with his possessions. A long penetrating kick from a lovely fluid action which allows him to set up teammates and hit the scoreboard.

wow amazing quick work mate. Awesome

wow amazing quick work mate. Awesome
Pretty exciting kid. Reckon he can do even more. With his size, I'd like to see him throw his weight around more at stoppage and be even more dominant in there. And outside the contest, reckon his kicking is a real weapon and if he can find more of the footy on the spread he can be super damaging.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back