North Melbourne player under investigation for taxi robbery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not at all

Good, because it seems you are willing to brush it off as boys will be boys just because he's a promising young north footballer (promising might be stretching it, given how north supporters usually overrate their young players)

Actual quote from a newspaper:
Both men were charged with aggravated robbery.

So committed 3 and was charged with 1?

I am not sure that is how it works?

Is that how it works?

or are you (and I am taking a leap here) making s**t up?

Thats all he has been charged with so far. Usually in an instance like this only the most serious charge will stand as charging with the other offences are pointless with the probability on concurrent sentencing.

The other offences will be used against him at sentencing however.

But lets say that there was only the aggrevated robbery.

So instead of only intending to dodge the fare, and then getting in a position that snowballed into the others, he got into the cab with the sole intention of committing aggrevated robbery?

Does that make him a better or worse bloke?

So bash and rob a cabbie and you'll get a slap on the wrist from your parents, but call that bloke a dog and it's time to ease up. Good one champ.

No you get charged bailed and have a court date set.

And if posters on this site got there way have your career ended.

North club leaders like Brayshaw, Boomer and Scott seem to have an obligation to incessantly moan about the smallest of perceived injustices. Yet when rape, robbery and the like are on the agenda, their seemingly ever present strong opinions and shrill whinging voices in the pursuit of justice are strangely nowhere to be found.

No you get charged bailed and have a court date set.

And if posters on this site got there way have your career ended.

Except that's not what that other North poster was claiming. If the majority of North supporters got their way this would all be swept under the carpet never to be heard of again. The most sanctimonious supporters around.

Except that's not what that other North poster was claiming. If the majority of North supporters got their way this would all be swept under the carpet never to be heard of again. The most sanctimonious supporters around.

That would be the abject rejection of reality.

How could something be swept under the carpet now? Its in the media. He has a court date.

Saying you want it swept under the carpet is like saying that you don't believe in mobile phones.

His actions from this point are probably going to impact a fair amount of what happens.

North club leaders like Brayshaw, Boomer and Scott seem to have an obligation to incessantly moan about the smallest of perceived injustices. Yet when rape, robbery and the like are on the agenda, their seemingly ever present strong opinions and shrill whinging voices in the pursuit of justice are strangely nowhere to be found.

???? Not Boris the Chicken again ????

Go figure, the ringleader of the Boris thing is now coach of West Coast.

Good, because it seems you are willing to brush it off as boys will be boys just because he's a promising young north footballer (promising might be stretching it, given how north supporters usually overrate their young players)

Your continual attacks on the NMFC are not called for. Remember who you follow and where your club is at and have been for a long long time

Your continual attacks on the NMFC are not called for. Remember who you follow and where your club is at and have been for a long long time

What does the club he follows have to do with what he wrote?

Your board thread has the post saying should we just file this under "boys will be boys". Your board has posters suggesting this is on par with shoplifting. This thread had a north poster just earlier saying this is a media beat up.

Given all of these things MoC referred to have been said by north posters, how is he attacking your club? He's criticizing the response to this issue by a number of your supporter base

Disgraceful attitude. Yes we've all been drunk and done stupid stuff. I broke my wrist once trying to jump from a roof into a pool for example. Tom Liberatore passed out in public with a pinger in his pocket.

I, and Tom, never assualted and robbed a guy though. You are just trying to trivialise it because he's one of your guys. His professional approach to his footy means **** all here, if he's guilty as charged he's scum

Not trivializing anything, first offense mate..get off with a slap on the wrist nothing more...2 year probation...

Of course and we have no say in legal matters but we can have a say.

Granted we don't have all the facts yet but on face value, it doesn't look for Dumont.
Aggravated robbery may sound like a minor matter to some..................until it happens to you. Then it's not fun any more.

If and that's an if, Dumont was directly involved in the situation the club may not be very kind to him. Some clubs wouldn't be, that's for sure.

I agree with you completely, wait and see what happens...

Disgraceful attitude. Yes we've all been drunk and done stupid stuff. I broke my wrist once trying to jump from a roof into a pool for example. Tom Liberatore passed out in public with a pinger in his pocket.

I, and Tom, never assualted and robbed a guy though. You are just trying to trivialise it because he's one of your guys. His professional approach to his footy means **** all here, if he's guilty as charged he's scum

So going by your agreement, tom is a piece of s**t chopper read would prayed on......:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So going by your agreement, tom is a piece of s**t chopper read would prayed on......:rolleyes:

Shhh you can't compare Dumont to anyone else that has ever committed a crime because its not apples with apples.

Apparently aggravated burglary is worse than committing Grievous Bodily harm (which was actually some guy hitting his jaw on Williams fist) or with the spate of charges Toby Greene has been charged with.

Dumont should be delisted immediately. Because he has shown no remorse for his actions and the only course of action the court should take is for him to be drawn and quartered after having been flogged in public.

North are remiss in their actions by waiting for something to actually happen before deciding which way to act. Brad Scott and James Brayshaw should be in the media right now denoucing criminal actions everywhere.

This will be an interesting case to see how it pans out.

Clearly, aggravated robbery is a very serious crime (particularly in SA) and Dumont should and will be held accountable in accordance with the law.

I suspect however that because of his age, his lack of priors and the fact that the victim was uninjured, he will end up with a 12/24 month good behaviour bond, a fine of some description and potentially some community service from the courts. He should have a conviction hanging over his head as well in my view. I've been drunk plenty of times and have never robbed or assaulted anyone.

The posters on here who are banging on about him "bashing" the driver really need to read the reports. The driver was uninjured and an earlier report (which I can't locate at the moment) suggested that the driver was pushed to the ground. Yes, it is still traumatising for the poor guy and completely unwarranted, but it's a bit different to kicking someone's head in.

I suspect he won't be delisted but will have some severe restrictions placed upon him by the club.

Not trivializing anything, first offense mate..get off with a slap on the wrist nothing more...2 year probation...

If I go out and punch a guy in the street right now should I just get off because it's my first offence?

ridiculous assertion and exactly the type of thing I was talking about. Dumbmont has been charged with aggravated robbery, not jaywalking or public drunkeness.

Just FYI aggrevated robbery in SA carries a max sentence of 20 years in prison (he wont get anywhere near that)

This is a very serious crime he has been charged with.

Sounds like you want to see him locked up, is this the case?

And it sounds like you want to see him off scot-free. Hell, you even said he should play round one next year.

Good to see North are tolerant of their players being dicks these days.

Assuming he is guilty as reported....

Guy assaults someone to take their money because they didnt like the fact that their victim wasnt prepared to be stolen from.

Yeah I want him to do time, the scumbag is a criminal.

You obviously have some sort of Vendetta against Trent so ill let the last comment slide.

Obviously you all have inside information. has he had his time in court? has a guilt verdict been found?

You obviously have some sort of Vendetta against Trent so ill let the last comment slide.

Obviously you all have inside information. has he had his time in court? has a guilt verdict been found?

What is his defence going to be? That it wasn't him clearly identified by CCTV? that the cabbie made it all up?

Or, seeing as he seems to be a kid with no character, do you think he'll just lump it all on his mate?

Ah what? Never heard of him before this.

Cant read? I said assuming he is guilty. I understand he hasnt had his day in court yet. If he is found innocent then obviously I dont want to see him do time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back