North Melbourne player under investigation for taxi robbery.

Remove this Banner Ad

What is worse? Using PEDs to improve your athletic output, or 'aggravated robbery' of a defenceless cabbie?

The amusing thing about this is the reaction on the North board.

18 months of moralising about PED use but suddenly they all have some compassion. LOL.

For the record I am of the view that if a 19yo *s up like this but is genuinely remorseful then they ought to be forgiven.

What is worse? Using PEDs to improve your athletic output, or 'aggravated robbery' of a defenceless cabbie?

The amusing thing about this is the reaction on the North board.

18 months of moralising about PED use but suddenly they all have some compassion. LOL.

For the record I am of the view that if a 19yo ****s up like this but is genuinely remorseful then they ought to be forgiven.
I agree and just between us superiors, it does feel good to just know how much better we are, doesn't it old boy!

People who do these things are only remorseful because they got caught, not because of what they did.
You've never ****ed up on the piss and been genuinely remorseful for it the next day?

I once quit the piss for a year, largely motivated by how I ****ed up bigtime one night.

I still to this day feel embarrassed by what happened that night.

What do you mean righteous?

What do you think the club will do/should do?

Let the police and courts do their job and see what happens from there..footballers like the rest of us make mistakes...kid had a great year in the magoos, from all accounts very professional approach to his footy, we have all been drunk and done stupid stuff....first offence hard to see him getting anything more than a good behavior bond.......media beat up as usual....I'm sure you are going to tell me he should do a 10 to20 stretch inside....

Let the police and courts do their job and see what happens from there..footballers like the rest of us make mistakes...kid had a great year in the magoos, from all accounts very professional approach to his footy, we have all been drunk and done stupid stuff....first offence hard to see him getting anything more than a good behavior bond.......media beat up as usual....I'm sure you are going to tell me he should do a 10 to20 stretch inside....

Of course and we have no say in legal matters but we can have a say.

Granted we don't have all the facts yet but on face value, it doesn't look for Dumont.
Aggravated robbery may sound like a minor matter to some..................until it happens to you. Then it's not fun any more.

If and that's an if, Dumont was directly involved in the situation the club may not be very kind to him. Some clubs wouldn't be, that's for sure.

media beat up? he allegedly robbed a dude. he didn't piss in public, jump on a car roof, or act like a dill. He allegedly with a mate chose to take money of a guy who worked one of the worst paying jobs in the country

yes, he didn't bomb the WTC, but blowing this off as "boys will be boys" or normal drunken antics is insulting.

I have been pissed, I have been stupid. I never chose to rob someone though - and I can say with some certainty most people are in exactly the same position as me

Let the police and courts do their job and see what happens from there..footballers like the rest of us make mistakes...kid had a great year in the magoos, from all accounts very professional approach to his footy, we have all been drunk and done stupid stuff....first offence hard to see him getting anything more than a good behavior bond.......media beat up as usual......

Disgraceful attitude. Yes we've all been drunk and done stupid stuff. I broke my wrist once trying to jump from a roof into a pool for example. Tom Liberatore passed out in public with a pinger in his pocket.

I, and Tom, never assualted and robbed a guy though. You are just trying to trivialise it because he's one of your guys. His professional approach to his footy means * all here, if he's guilty as charged he's scum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's amazing reading the North board as an Essendon supporter. All of a sudden they have this attitude that it wouldn't be right to pass judgement on someone until all the facts are known and they've had their day in court.

LOL
Are you really going to get into a crap flinging fight Lance?

Theres minor misdemeanors while pissed and then there is a violent criminal act.

Should at least do some time for this.

Disgraceful attitude. Yes we've all been drunk and done stupid stuff. I broke my wrist once trying to jump from a roof into a pool for example. Tom Liberatore passed out in public with a pinger in his pocket.

I, and Tom, never assualted and robbed a guy though. You are just trying to trivialise it because he's one of your guys. His professional approach to his footy means **** all here, if he's guilty as charged he's scum
Very true, grog only removes inhibitions, Dumont obviously has issues to work out because it was very out of character for him.

it's amazing reading the North board as an Essendon supporter. All of a sudden they have this attitude that it wouldn't be right to pass judgement on someone until all the facts are known and they've had their day in court.

LOL

:$

A well documented case of drug cheating that's been in the public eye for over a year VS lightly detailed police reports of a robbery.

LOL

the funny thing is Dumont is/was an essendon supporter....maybe the actions of Hurley rubbed off on him :)

LOL

LOL indeed.

From my understanding Essendon have had their day in court.

And the judge said ahh no, and then said ahh apealing the decision will be pretty useless.

Over the last 18 months the media has released enough information to write multiple encyclopedia volumes on the topic.

This thread started when the only thing in the media was 120 words on the AFL site and at that point people were already calling for him to be axed from the team.

Surely this should be moved to the mainboard?

It's not a rumor.
acf500a44d0463c375f968545f13db9a.627x352x1.jpg

:$

A well documented case of drug cheating that's been in the public eye for over a year VS lightly detailed police reports of a robbery.
Let's not pretend North supporters were playing the "let's wait for more info" card when the Essendon saga first started.

It's classic Big Footy.

LOL indeed.

From my understanding Essendon have had their day in court.

And the judge said ahh no, and then said ahh apealing the decision will be pretty useless.

Over the last 18 months the media has released enough information to write multiple encyclopedia volumes on the topic.

This thread started when the only thing in the media was 120 words on the AFL site and at that point people were already calling for him to be axed from the team.
You lost were calling for heads on day dot. Don't pretend otherwise.

It's ok to be a hypocrite, most of us are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back