Game Day North play away to the dirty rotten saints. Starts at 16:35 AEST @the dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Positive positive positive is the word for today.
Can't wait thinking this will be old style North when we started like men possessed.
We hang on for a 4 point win, sing the song, make drunken posts on big footy , go to bed and wake up and try and remember was it a dream.

The Phantom Menace GIF by Star Wars

Some thoughts from me today

• If LDU plays a blinder today, what will we make of that?
  • Good god I need some nourishment/evidence or whatever we are calling it these days
  • Really hoping we see Sheezel up the ground earlier today rather than in a dead rubber last quarter
  • Defensive pressure from the mids has to be a non-negotiable today
  • Hope young Archer adds some mongrel to the side, he's got that dog in him 1714777900700.png

.....But, not holding my breath.
If we can cover him defensively inside, I wouldn’t mind seeing him for a couple of CBAs playing the mobile rover sweeping onto the ball.

He has shown in the past that he has elite evasiveness and vision.

This is only because kicking a goal a game and getting 7 touches across the HF line does not take advantage of the skills he actually does bring.

Some thoughts from me today

• If LDU plays a blinder today, what will we make of that?
  • Good god I need some nourishment/evidence or whatever we are calling it these days
  • Really hoping we see Sheezel up the ground earlier today rather than in a dead rubber last quarter
  • Defensive pressure from the mids has to be a non-negotiable today
  • Hope young Archer adds some mongrel to the side, he's got that dog in him View attachment 1978559
* Bigfooty, North Melbourne and all its affiliated endeavours promote everyone to get check for signs of “mongrel” and suggest anyone experiencing symptoms such as dog pictures in their X-rays seek professional medial assistance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all

Didn’t want to post a new thread so thought I’d chuck this in here - I come in peace!

The better half follows you guys and we are both NMFC Members (6 years in). Heading to todays game and usually we combine our voucher codes so she can get a new hoodie etc. but we both don’t have the email this year with our codes. (Only one I have is the code for the Kayo membership I added on in March. Can’t find them anywhere in the app/member log in etc.

Was planning to ask at one of the marquees at the ground today but before potentially making a fool of myself, anyone have any advice on where we might be able to locate the codes etc?

Best of luck today! I have watched both teams week and week out for years now and can honestly say despite being a 25+ year saints member + the tough times you guys are currently experiencing, I much prefer watching NMFC games given the horrid game style/issues with my own mob. The future is bright, don’t give up hope!

Hi all

Didn’t want to post a new thread so thought I’d chuck this in here - I come in peace!

The better half follows you guys and we are both NMFC Members (6 years in). Heading to todays game and usually we combine our voucher codes so she can get a new hoodie etc. but we both don’t have the email this year with our codes. (Only one I have is the code for the Kayo membership I added on in March. Can’t find them anywhere in the app/member log in etc.

Was planning to ask at one of the marquees at the ground today but before potentially making a fool of myself, anyone have any advice on where we might be able to locate the codes etc?

Best of luck today! I have watched both teams week and week out for years now and can honestly say despite being a 25+ year saints member + the tough times you guys are currently experiencing, I much prefer watching NMFC games given the horrid game style/issues with my own mob. The future is bright, don’t give up hope!
At the Roo shop a week or so back, when making a purchase they asked about membership. Just gave them the name and they looked it up and applied the discount. No other evidence was required.

Chom to the goalsquare, with Larkey leading up the ground, and then switch this around. One of our biggest problems this year has been turning i50s into scores. This will help.

Curtis and Zurhaar with more CBAs. Wardlaw to the forward line when not on the ball. Colby taking kickouts in rotation with Sheezel. When one is doing this, the other is on the ball.

Zurhaar to ruck when X is resting, not Larkey.

Shiels to follow Steele everywhere and tackle him a dozen times or more.
Pink and Corr to double team King as needed.

North by 2 points in a low scoring game.

Saints are a bottom eight team.

Which means we should be within about eight goals.

Which is nice.
Saints average 73 points a game. They are pretty ordinary as a team, and I don't rate their midfield. If they kick inaccurately like they historically have, there's a small chance we have for a win.

I don't care about roughing up Webster - the best revenge will be a victory. Even if we don't win, I just want to see us win the tackle count, and try to re-balance the tackles inside 50, and contested marks, where we've been smashed in just about every game.

Given we have less disposals than the opposition, we've disappointedly had less tackles, and nearly always had a huge discrepancy between tackles inside 50. The contested marks are an obvious problem, due to the lack of key position players, but also the way we kick the ball.

1714784001143.png

let’s boo jimmy webster

Saints average 73 points a game. They are pretty ordinary as a team, and I don't rate their midfield. If they kick inaccurately like they historically have, there's a small chance we have for a win.

I don't care about roughing up Webster - the best revenge will be a victory. Even if we don't win, I just want to see us win the tackle count, and try to re-balance the tackles inside 50, and contested marks, where we've been smashed in just about every game.

Given we have less disposals than the opposition, we've disappointedly had less tackles, and nearly always had a huge discrepancy between tackles inside 50. The contested marks are an obvious problem, due to the lack of key position players, but also the way we kick the ball.

View attachment 1978692
Adelaide averaged 67 prior to playing us..

The gameplan is for the tip.

Losing week on week as clearly had an impact. The vast majority of the team look tentative, waiting for a teammate or opponent to get the ball, we are very reactionary.

I would love to see the group back themselves and play some proactive footy. When it’s in your area back yourself in and make something happen.

Paul Curtis has been one of our best this year because when the ball is in his area he makes it his own and is decisive, he makes a decision and wheels and goes, and unsurprisingly good things happen.

Let’s make it our day. North by I don’t care, just win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back