North vs Geelong Round 19 2014 @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

What's enjoyable is Geelong thinking they're a chance this year.

Most people on the Geelong board are pretty pessimistic about our chances this year, but one thing's for sure - our chances are a hell of a lot better than yours.

Almost as enjoyable as North thinking they were a chance for top 4. Another wasted year for club gasping its last breaths.

lol wtf is this?

we were a chance for top 4 but blew it by spudding it up against GC, lions and blues.

Surely you'd watch Selwood every week?

Comparing Thomas to Selwood now? :eek:

3y36hv.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many teams under the current finals system have won the premiership after losing the QF? How many have even made the GF? 0 and 1? 0 and 2?

The QF matters.
Off the top of my head, Sydney and West Coast in 05, 06

I don't know what it is, but even after this game I'm still not convinced on Geelong. Everything says I should be but, I don't know what it is. Looking forward to seeing them against Freo though
I wasn't convinced over the Swans last week either but we both sit on 54pts so we must be doing something right

Jesus, hands in the back without any push is not a free in 2014. Thomas should be suspended.

He should be. Was an absolutely pathetic dive...Goodesy would've been proud of that one. That said, I still think it was a free, as ridiculous as that, and the rule itself, is.

I would be beyond livid if I was a North fan tonight. That 2nd quarter in particular was one of the most farcical display of umpiring I've ever seen. The decisions themselves had an enormous influence on the game, let alone the momentum that was so effectively killed off with each one.

that's because Sydney are a 110 point better team than Geelong and it will be confirmed if both teams meet again in September. Maybe a 99 point win to Sydney given we have improved by about 2 goals since that night.
But not even as a Sydney supporter I say that (I'm quite pessimistic). I think Hawthorn and Freo are the likely finalists (more so Hawks) but Geelong atm are second. On the same points as the other top teams yet for some reason I could see Port beating them. Could be the road record or the fact when Geelong lose they lose hard
I wasn't convinced over the Swans last week either but we both sit on 54pts so we must be doing something right
Obviously but I'm still not 100% on them being real contenders.

What are you going to do? Go all Reece Conca on them? Or gather your cheersquad mates like the grandma in the Kanga onesie?

Wouldn't mind grandma in the onesie backing me up.. she's probably tougher than majority of demon supporters..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back