October - Not a true Group 1 rated thread. #spring

Remove this Banner Ad

FOO's second win is the last time a horse was defeated in the Caulfield Stakes and went on to win the Cox Plate. Pretty sure they will all be trying on Saturday.
I thought these were lean times WFA racing but then you mention Fields of Omagh! Right up there with Savabeel as the weakest horses to win Cox plates

I thought these were lean times WFA racing but then you mention Fields of Omagh! Right up there with Savabeel as the weakest horses to win Cox plates

Pinker Pinker and Shamus The Cat for the F4 :thumbsu:

Cleaner-esque pace can do strange things. Big gross horses like Contributer probably don't like being asked to pick up unexpectedly he can rapidly improve if he's not forced to run from the 800. If you assured me he mapped well I could entertain a bet a double figures easily. Only 1 horse has run past him in his two runs back which says a bit IMO.

Cleaner-esque pace can do strange things. Big gross horses like Contributer probably don't like being asked to pick up unexpectedly he can rapidly improve if he's not forced to run from the 800. If you assured me he mapped well I could entertain a bet a double figures easily. Only 1 horse has run past him in his two runs back which says a bit IMO.
So in an evenly run race your saying hes not competitive. Ok

Id gladly take criterion ahead of contributer.

I'll take the other side with the bet being void if neither wins. Criterion is more likely to place but Contributer is more likely to win

2.80 and drifting on bet fair so should get to that mark at minimum.

Also if your only going to have $50-$100 on it i'd wait until the day, one of the corporates will probably put up an over the odds on it. Worst case scenario it's hardly going to crash in price this week after 6 weeks of betting on the race.

Crown boosted to $3.20 for one hour

I read RE's comment of not liking outsiders referred to posters who arent regulars as opposed to longer price picks

Yea that's correct but couldn't be not here explaining.

I used to be a lot more active through here, but last few years just come through usually during spring.

I'd tell yas to get stuffed but it used to frustrate me when you had some hero coming through from late sept.

Some betting moves;

Race 1;

Terindah $17 > $11
Missrock $15>$21

Race 2

Shiraz $6.50 > $5

Race 3

Harlem $4 > $3.40

Race 4

Everything fairly stable

Race 5

Bohemian Lily $5 > $4.20

Race 6

Criterion $10 > $7
Contributer $6>$9

Race 7

Abidewithme $15>$11

Race 8

Don't Doubt Marley is the horses name. Been on the drifts. $26>$41

Race 9

None

Race 10

Politeness $3.30 > $2.90

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Criterion $11-$6.50 with TAB, not reading anything into that as he should have opened at that price.

Late money will be the guide with him.

Still keen on Kermadec but hope the bookies take him on to an extent.

Criterion $11-$6.50 with TAB, not reading anything into that as he should have opened at that price.

They must have left the sprinklers on all last night and today as well. Kerr's goina get his arse fired.

Late money will be the guide with him.

Still keen on Kermadec but hope the bookies take him on to an extent.

$6.50 when he was $5 in the QE on a complete bog 3rd up. Now first up here on a firm track over 2000m. He is poison odds. No once in a career fluke to be repeated this time.

$6.50 when he was $5 in the QE on a complete bog 3rd up. Now first up here on a firm track over 2000m. He is poison odds. No once in a career fluke to be repeated this time.
Kermadec's two dry track wins were a maiden and a Carbine Club (should've won a Guineas). He didn't though, so both his G1's so far were on Soft 7's.

In the George Ryder (Good 3) he finished 2 lengths behind Criterion. It appears, to me at least, Kermadec is also that bit more effective with his toe in.

Dis gon be good.

For the record I am, for the first time in his career on the cat this week. Will be keen to lay that off if he hits around 5's on the exchange though.

Kermadec's two dry track wins were a maiden and a Carbine Club (should've won a Guineas). He didn't though, so both his G1's so far were on Soft 7's.

In the George Ryder (Good 3) he finished 2 lengths behind Criterion. It appears, to me at least, Kermadec is also that bit more effective with his toe in.

Glyn had similar comments pre and post race. Moreso that it lessens others hopes than increases his but he said he was hoping for a swamp.

Bit harsh. He was given no chance in the George Ryder by Ryan Moore, the run was superb actually. All the other 'failures' (aka flying home from way back against his own age group) on good tracks are early in a prep when he's never his best. Hasn't ever been a first up or second up horse (look at the betting apart from first up this prep when on the back of a Doncaster win) , all his best runs have been at 1400+ 3rd up or more into a prep.

Bit harsh. He was given no chance in the George Ryder by Ryan Moore, the run was superb actually. All the other 'failures' (aka flying home from way back against his own age group) on good tracks are early in a prep when he's never his best. Hasn't ever been a first up or second up horse (look at the betting apart from first up this prep when on the back of a Doncaster win) , all his best runs have been at 1400+ 3rd up or more into a prep.

Didn't he also miss the kick two lengths or so in the Ryder?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back