Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Port are apparently rolling out a new 'thing' for their match day experience. Urgh. What is it with SA teams? I find the whole 19th man thing twee, the 'anthems' cringe worthy and whole mall march thing an accident waiting to happen when some small soul gets trampled underfoot - death by teal.:drunk:

What I don't mind. ANZ stadium last year all outside lighting in red. Subtle, but effective. Something like that please SCG.
For Collingwood game I'd be okay if we charged it up a notch. Bonfire. Effigy. Like I said, subtle. Perspective. I haz it.

/cranky old bird

Hey so Aliir didn't play any NAB challenge games, did he? What do ressies watchers think. Any realistic chance he'll improve this year to the point where he'd be worth persisting with?

Hence why Clarko has gone with such a precise & efficient game plan so as to preserve the careers of the above mentioned class players, knowing full well that they are the reason why they have won their recent p'ships & perhaps any near future p'ships.
It's a brilliant philosophy & it has reaped the rewards thus far.

Perhaps why we are persisting with Goodes as he is the one class player we have that could produce anything to take us to the ultimate on the big day.
Refer to 2012.

You know what would be really effective against Clarkson's game plan?

Hard contested footy against those older players. Not talking cheap shots to the ribs of some such but crunching 2-3 man tackles against players like Mitchell, Burgoyne, Hodge, smith and Hill. Target the prime movers of the ball and put a bit of fear in them like they did to us ala 2014

Hard contested footy against those older players. Not talking cheap shots to the ribs of some such but crunching 2-3 man tackles against players like Mitchell, Burgoyne, Hodge, smith and Hill. Target the prime movers of the ball and put a bit of fear in them like they did to us ala 2014

We can't do it if they've moved the ball on a second earlier though but its a good plan when our guys are switched on.

I think almost the other way go langford smith derrauya rioli hill, the younger guys rough them up, that will distract hodge lewis and mitchell more

I think almost the other way go langford smith derrauya rioli hill, the younger guys rough them up, that will distract hodge lewis and mitchell more

As much as I don't like what SJ did to Mitchell that game, look at how it effected his game

As much as I don't like what SJ did to Mitchell that game, look at how it effected his game
True

I didnt think the hit was that bad as an aside

What shits me is per the commentators if that campaigner Hodge does something similar it is lauded as a tough campaigner doing the tough things as tough campaigners should.

Anyone else like SJ does it and the whole thing is suspect and should be reviewed by someone.

Port are apparently rolling out a new 'thing' for their match day experience. Urgh. What is it with SA teams? I find the whole 19th man thing twee, the 'anthems' cringe worthy and whole mall march thing an accident waiting to happen when some small soul gets trampled underfoot - death by teal.:drunk:

Never tear us apart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarke sledged about his mental health issues on field by Hawks. Why am I utterly unsurprised. Gutless act by Hawks.
Mental health should be off the table at all times. If a Swan did that I would be utterly disappointed

Where is Brandon Jack at? Seems miles off senior selection right now, but still only 20 and played significant gametime in his first 2 years on the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back