Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wanna play Hawks to see were we are really at , they are still the standout by some way IMO

Best ive seen this year so far was them dismantling geelong

But i thought yesterday we played some of the best footy of all sides for the year

Which is still young of course

Where is Brandon Jack at? Seems miles off senior selection right now, but still only 20 and played significant gametime in his first 2 years on the list.

Can't comment on his form in the NEAFL as I don't watch it, but it seemed his senior selection was always based on our sides need for pace as opposed to his outstanding form.

As you say, he's only 20. At the same age his older brother hadn't done much either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can this club afford to miss finals in multiple years in Sydney now?

Financially, probably. Depends how long these current sponsorship contracts are for I suppose.

But you'd see the crowds flee and the membership total plummit, that's for sure. The nature of bandwagon Sydney fans has not changed in the last couple of years.

Financially, probably. Depends how long these current sponsorship contracts are for I suppose.

But you'd see the crowds flee and the membership total plummit, that's for sure. The nature of bandwagon Sydney fans has not changed in the last couple of years.

Guess i was thinking more crowds and support

For me here the culture is thick n thin would be bad not.to keep.going

Just a question on a completely different subject but why do so many fans on this board suffer from PGT ? (pre-game tension). It starts just after the team is announced and seems to go on until the first bounce. It's like PMT but weekly.

Can this club afford to miss finals in multiple years in Sydney now?
We've been up for so long that fans have come to expect finals. We've made a rod for our own backs. Personally I'd hate to go back to the dark ages but I wouldn't abandon the club. Take away the band-wagonners and I wonder at what level the fan base would bottom out.

We've been up for so long that fans have come to expect finals. We've made a rod for our own backs. Personally I'd hate to go back to the dark ages but I wouldn't abandon the club. Take away the band-wagonners and I wonder at what level the fan base would bottom out.

yeah thats what im getting at I guess.

Lets say the club had a spoon year and bottom 8 for 3 years

in year 3 of this phase whats the membership and crowds going to be like?
Are we going back to 10,000 or less members etc

or do we at least now have a core 25k we can rely on

yeah thats what im getting at I guess.

Lets say the club had a spoon year and bottom 8 for 3 years

in year 3 of this phase whats the membership and crowds going to be like?
Are we going back to 10,000 or less members etc

or do we at least now have a core 25k we can rely on

Yes membership would plummet.

Crowds would resemble LWS outings.

Sydney as a market is fickle but totally predictable.

IF you are WINNING in full Sheen style then you are fine. As soon as a crack appears they will go to the next new shiny thing.
Basketball, Union, League, tiddlywinks, it does not matter. All sports and teams are treated exactly the same. I can recall in the late 80's and 90's when the hottest ticket in town was the Sydney Kings. Corporates used to pay silly money for trips to the games. I went on a few junkets back in the day. Then they started to suck.

Win or perish in this market.

And that is why the 2 team model in Sydney is so ridiculous. Both can't be on top. One will always suffer.

What do you reckon our average home crowd is now if we were a bottom 8 side then? 20k? 25k?

Surely our successful era must have at least increased our die hard fan base by at least 5k or so?

What do you reckon our average home crowd is now if we were a bottom 8 side then? 20k? 25k?

Surely our successful era must have at least increased our die hard fan base by at least 5k or so?

Exactly. I don't believe that success periods always attracts bandwagoners.

Lets say if we were like St Kilda or the Lions for ease of comparison they are around the low 20k mark.

I believe Sydney is even more fickle and if you look at late 80's or early 90's figures 10k averages for home games are not silly.

I reckon it would be around the 15k mark if we really bottomed out and were getting beat consistently - less if LWS were flying and an option to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back