Official Club Stuff OFFICIAL : 2015 Membership Tally - 41,418 #Get Real - New Record

Remove this Banner Ad

That's fine but the question remains... How the hell were there only 8k members in that crowd???? I just don't understand.... On level one all those meet bays were full, couldn't see much on level 2 but s**t it feels like there had to be more than that. And like someone said earlier, if only 8k of those North supporters there tonight are members, then why the hell aren't the rest of the bastards there last night members!?!??

It is.

8400ish from memory.

Big thank you on the scoreboard from the club.

We have the largest percentage of interstate membership of any vic team (around the 10K mark) and a decent country representation too. We probably have about 20-23K Melbourne members which really is not enough to get decent crowds considering no club gets all their members at their games, or even a high percentage.

Last edited:

I can't comprehend this. Can No Bull shed some light on the 8176 statistic? It sounds so pathetic?

Me neither. A Saturday night home game against one of the best teams in the AFL in a stadium with a roof. Go figure!

I'll say it again.... It just can not be correct. I mean the actual final crowd figure was very underwhelming, but only 8000 off members???? Where the bloody hell was everybody!!?!?!!

Maybe it means general admission members and doesn't include reserve seat members or vice versa. The other thing is that there was about 2000 Port fans there I reckon. The Port cheer squad area was packed. 25,000 North fans should have shown up at the minimum. Crowd should have been closer to 30,000. I'm actually embarrassed and confused.

Maybe it means general admission members and doesn't include reserve seat members or vice versa. The other thing is that there was about 2000 Port fans there I reckon. The Port cheer squad area was packed. 25,000 North fans should have shown up at the minimum. Crowd should have been closer to 30,000. I'm actually embarrassed and confused.
That's a ridiculous thing to put in the big screen if it's not accurate!!!

Also not really on topic, but what the hell are we advertising on the big screen the port social club function post match for?!?!??? I've been interstate to games and I'll give you the red hot tip, there is NO WAY they would advertise on the big screen anything for our club. Also when they get a goal do we need the led signage to run with "GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL" around the stadium! It's our home game!!! We need it to be treated this way!

Dice it anyway you want.

It's a very concerning problem. We can rag on existing members, we can blame the opposition, we can blame our perennial pathetic early form, we can blame the bandwagoners.

We need a change of approach and to the club's credit, the new pregame changes are a step in the right direction.

I still think we need a renewed focus on improving our Melbourne following.

Excuse the probably stupid question..... But how do you enter the stadium with out scanning your card???

Not a stupid question at all Philly. Three weeks prior to the upcoming game Centre Wing (formerly Axcess One) members go online (Ticketmaster) to reserve seats. To do so you have to use your Centre Wing Membership card numbers. You receive your tickets online, to print out, and it's those tickets you scan in at the external gate and upon entry to the 2nd level and hence, the North memberships aren't scanned in as attending at all, despite the fact you and hundreds or thousands like you have indeed attended.

Not a stupid question at all Philly. Three weeks prior to the upcoming game Centre Wing (formerly Axcess One) members go online (Ticketmaster) to reserve seats. To do so you have to use your Centre Wing Membership card numbers. You receive your tickets online, to print out, and it's those tickets you scan in at the external gate and upon entry to the 2nd level and hence, the North memberships aren't scanned in as attending at all, despite the fact you and hundreds or thousands like you have indeed attended.
Ok cool, so you aren't using your NMFC membership at all for our home games, only your "centre Wing" tickets? Or do you get your centre sing tickets by being a North member?

That's a ridiculous thing to put in the big screen if it's not accurate!!!

Also not really on topic, but what the hell are we advertising on the big screen the port social club function post match for?!?!??? I've been interstate to games and I'll give you the red hot tip, there is NO WAY they would advertise on the big screen anything for our club. Also when they get a goal do we need the led signage to run with "GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL" around the stadium! It's our home game!!! We need it to be treated this way!

Couldn't agree more, Phillyroo. With you 100% on all points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I'll be buttered on both sides. Lies, damn lies and statistics!

So when the scoreboard says 8000 members in attendance it's true but not the total number? The correct total is probably closer to 18,000 and saying 8000 members attended is like saying 50,000 people attended the grand final. True but completely meaningless.

Next you'll be telling me the Make some Noise sound meter doesn't really work, TT.;)

Regardless of 8,000 turning up- 22,000 on a Saturday night with 3rd v 4th is a big concern.
Make no mistake taking the Richmond game to Tasmania is having its affect.
To pay an average of $450 to sit on level 1 with only 8 out of 11 games there and the 3 others in GA doesnt scream SIGN UP AS A MELBOURNE MEMBER NOW!
Tbh youd be better off paying GA and not getting a membership and it will save you money.
This is a big problem. I know other clubs charge a mint for the same membership but this is the difference between demand and availability.

Regardless of 8,000 turning up- 22,000 on a Saturday night with 3rd v 4th is a big concern.
Make no mistake taking the Richmond game to Tasmania is having its affect.
To pay an average of $450 to sit on level 1 with only 8 out of 11 games there and the 3 others in GA doesnt scream SIGN UP AS A MELBOURNE MEMBER NOW!
Tbh youd be better off paying GA and not getting a membership and it will save you money.
This is a big problem. I know other clubs charge a mint for the same membership but this is the difference between demand and availability.

Agreed mate, if it was an economic decision. But it isn't. And I love my reserved seat in Bay 18. It's the best.

Sitting up top last year surrounded by Carlton flogs while we played like a bunch of drunken sailors was a great reminder of the value of a good reserved seat.

Agreed mate, if it was an economic decision. But it isn't. And I love my reserved seat in Bay 18. It's the best.

Sitting up top last year surrounded by Carlton flogs while we played like a bunch of drunken sailors was a great reminder of the value of a good reserved seat.
I do it to give my money to the club and because for the rest of my days as a Northerner I want to be in Aisle 34 cheering the boys on.

But were the passionates. The diehards will always front up.
How do we get substantial growth to the 50/50s when it isnt 'considered value for money'.

Ok cool, so you aren't using your NMFC membership at all for our home games, only your "centre Wing" tickets? Or do you get your centre sing tickets by being a North member?

Nup, it's on top of the North Memberships which are rarely used for entry to games. We also have AFL Memberships, albeit Club Support, and use those for venues other than Etihad where required.

The hardest thing for me is to take off my diehard hat for a moment and put myself in the shoes of the casual (edit - talk about mixed metaphors!). Totally different mindsets.

If your child is under 8 and has an AFL membership it wont come with a club support package. So those would not be counted either

The kids aren't AFL Members trev, just North Members using Centre Wing Memberships for their entry and seats so, either way, their attendance wouldn't be counted from a North Membership perspective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back