Official Club Stuff OFFICIAL : 2015 Membership Tally - 41,418 #Get Real - New Record

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought about posting this for a little while now. I have a confession to make

I'm currently a platinum member of the club. I've braught a membership every year since I started working. It's part of who I am. In the past before I had a family if I was battling (I've always been an up and down type) I'd still make sure I'd get my membership, even if it meant things would be rough for a couple of weeks. Other times I've been up and about and braught extra memberships for my self and family members.

Well this year, for the first time in my working life I'm not yet able to buy a membership. After sticking fat through some pretty s**t years, irony will get its laugh and see that I'm 'Down' right now. s**t happens. I can live with it. My family comes first and when it comes down to what my daughters need and my need to buy a membership, well I think every father knows how that plays out.

Now I know you're a generous lot so don't even dare offer to chip in. There are far more worthy causes in the world as to weather or not I renew (which in my industry I'm only one good contract away from).

I guess I just had to get it off my chest. I was thinking about calling the club and telling them my situation but they can't do much. So here it is.

I don't care if it's the last round I'm buying that ******* membership

I would donate to the cause Donkey ^....but I am still coming to grips with your assault on the English language....

It is BOUGHT.

1. I made it pretty clear I am not after and I won't except any charity. The only reason I posted that is because genuinely feel guilty about it. I got a phone call from Wags during the week and felt like s**t telling him I couldn't sign up YET

2. I'm not a great speller or use correct grammar. I'm not dumb. I just could never get my head around the nuances of English. Being the only language I speak and write I get that it's not idealo_O

I thought about posting this for a little while now. I have a confession to make

I'm currently a platinum member of the club. I've braught a membership every year since I started working. It's part of who I am. In the past before I had a family if I was battling (I've always been an up and down type) I'd still make sure I'd get my membership, even if it meant things would be rough for a couple of weeks. Other times I've been up and about and braught extra memberships for my self and family members.

Well this year, for the first time in my working life I'm not yet able to buy a membership. After sticking fat through some pretty s**t years, irony will get its laugh and see that I'm 'Down' right now. s**t happens. I can live with it. My family comes first and when it comes down to what my daughters need and my need to buy a membership, well I think every father knows how that plays out.

Now I know you're a generous lot so don't even dare offer to chip in. There are far more worthy causes in the world as to weather or not I renew (which in my industry I'm only one good contract away from).

I guess I just had to get it off my chest. I was thinking about calling the club and telling them my situation but they can't do much. So here it is.

In the same boat mate. Been a member since 2007 after lapsing whist OS for a few years, now looking for work so cant afford me Schimma membership. Yet.

In time mate. We have until later in the year to guarantee our Grand Final tix.;)

In the same boat mate. Been a member since 2007 after lapsing whist OS for a few years, now looking for work so cant afford me Schimma membership. Yet.

In time mate. We have until later in the year to guarantee our Grand Final tix.;)

I have the peace of mind that I signed up to the Box on Premiorship pledge a few years ago. I'm pretty sure this is the last year for that though

In a similar boat. Low on available cash currently, I'm buying a cheaper package then upgrading later in the year once I've got some money.

I would donate to the cause Donkey ^....but I am still coming to grips with your assault on the English language....

It is BOUGHT.

Sorry was just taking the piss.

Yeh, we all do it tough at times. I remember in 2005 on one wage with an 18 month old scrounging for cash to get a Membership...in the end I just got a basic membership because at the time during that year going to the footy was my only sanity saver.

What does annoy me though these days all the additional $$$ that come our way as members....the icing last year was a cold call from someone wanting to sell me a ONE ticket $15o chance in some raffle related to the Club....the raffle....coughing up $170 a month out to secure my GF ticket...where does it end???

As you wish I'm not going to offer to chip in with cash, but I do have a family 11 game GA membership and Mrs Z hardly ever goes, so most home games I have a spare ticket + Social Club. Paying week by week instead of membership is a false economy so hit me up any time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back