Resource 2024 Membership thread - it begins - with a kiss

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I can understand all the new age technology, digital ticketing, barcode constantly in motion, downloading to wallet blah blah blah if it was the World Cup, SuperBowl, Lords Ashes test, Grand Final, Taylor Swift concert etc as they are all anti scalping measures but * me for a basic h/a AFL match it’s a load of crap. 3 or so seasons now and there are Constant problems with it. On Saturday when I entered Marvel those with plastic membership cards were scanned in, those with digital tickets could not be scanned in and were holding up the line. Pretty s**t for 1st home game. Great when it works but so frustrating when there are these still so called ‘teething problems’.

I discovered one advantage of the digital ticket on Saturday. I was almost at Southern Cross and realised that I had left my mobile phone at home. After an initial panic I realised that I could download the North Melbourne app on my wife's phone and the tickets appeared- I would have been stuffed if it had been the old plastic tickets

The lightest it’s ever been on Saturday.
We walked down some new escalators from L3 at half time to sit in the L1 social club bays and realised about half way down "oh we are actually at the level 2 seats" without even walking past anyone! I wonder if they are still getting used to where all the news entry and exit points are since the redevelopment because I didn't actually see a way we could have been stopped the route we took

Hi all, has anyone received the digital gift/memorabilia/token thingy that they said would come to your email if your scanned with your membership in on Saturday?

I did via my phone but I haven't seen it yet.

Cheers
JD

Hi all, has anyone received the digital gift/memorabilia/token thingy that they said would come to your email if your scanned with your membership in on Saturday?

I did via my phone but I haven't seen it yet.

Cheers
JD

Yep, for four of our six memberships. Not that we remembered to claim anything on Saturday with them. The “key” is a number given for use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes like 17k for the game at home last week .
I think it’s time for a Forensic Audit of our Membership Department.
As a supporter would love to see a breakdown of all Membership Categories .
Can’t see how we only get 17K to a Home game with a membership of 44K

1: we have a small supporter base
2: we have a very geographically diversified supporter base
3: I know 3 members that didn’t attend last week for various reasons
4: some supporters are sick of losing and not attending

We’ve had 2 games at marvel against freo in the last 10 years where we got over 25k

I buy a 3 game membership for my daughter who lives in the country and has two small children who are now junior members. That is 3 members who probably won't get to any games this year but hopefully it is an investment in the future of the club. I imagine there are a lot of similar members, supporting the club but unable to get to many if any games

I’m in a chat group of about 20 intensely passionate North members.

Take out the WA, SA, Regional , Tassie and otherwise unwell/ at a wedding etc - a handful attend weekly.

It’s a tough reality for our member base that it’s smaller but then spread broadly.

I buy a 3 game membership for my daughter who lives in the country and has two small children who are now junior members. That is 3 members who probably won't get to any games this year but hopefully it is an investment in the future of the club. I imagine there are a lot of similar members, supporting the club but unable to get to many if any games
Good example.

If those 47k were housed around Arden St down and through Flemington into Docklands I’m sure there’d be a larger crowd, but we aren’t.

It was brought home to me last year when a Hawks mate said to me that sometimes him and his son will watch up until half time and if the Hawks are doing well they will catch a train in and three stops later they are there to watch the second half

In comparison we need to make our decision to attend a 2pm start by 9am. Anything past that eats into the game.

If those 47k were housed around Arden St down and through Flemington into Docklands I’m sure there’d be a larger crowd, but we aren’t.

It was brought home to me last year when a Hawks mate said to me that sometimes him and his son will watch up until half time and if the Hawks are doing well they will catch a train in and three stops later they are there to watch the second half

In comparison we need to make our decision to attend a 2pm start by 9am. Anything past that eats into the game.

That is just so Hawthorn though haha

I am an example. I was at the Grand Prix. Plenty like me.

Hey guys just thought I'd pop in and remind you that you don't need to justify yourself to that miserable flog, Mr north man. Cheers.
I Am Glad ur Okay with Being the Laughing Stock of the Leadgue why don't all YoU fair weather types go

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back