Official Muse Thread - New album, 'Drones', out Now

Remove this Banner Ad

So, no one caught the making of The Globalist and Defector?

Another little nod to Ennio Morricone on the start of The Globalist.....

Starts off something like this.....whistle and all.
Both very promising tracks and quite heavy in parts.

I did. Defector > The Globalist

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should go after Stockholm Syndrome, shouldn't it? :D

Makes perfect sense it could without any guitar changeovers......Good call.

The live set should be vastly different to more recent times and I'll have no issues with Follow Me, U.D., and Liquid State being trimmed.
Madness, Dead Inside and another off the new album, may be can be the mood changers..

MK Ultra may start getting played as it's a good fit on a thematic basis.
Maybe Apocalypse Please, Agitated and Dead Star?

Think the stage set-up may be somewhat stripped back also.............which wouldn't be a bad thing this time around.

First time posting in here. Muse have always been a band that have frustrated me a bit. They're a bit like North last year, at their best they are outstanding, while their worst can be rubbish. In terms of their new songs, psyco makes me hate music a bit, while Dead inside has really grown on me. I'll be interested to see how the new album goes, it'd have to be better than TSL

First time posting in here. Muse have always been a band that have frustrated me a bit. They're a bit like North last year, at their best they are outstanding, while their worst can be rubbish. In terms of their new songs, psyco makes me hate music a bit, while Dead inside has really grown on me. I'll be interested to see how the new album goes, it'd have to be better than TSL

The funny thing about Muse is that very little is actually rubbish.....it may be misplaced in the context of the album but rarely is it rubbish.
I dislike (with a passion) Undisclosed Desires, Madness, Invincible, Follow Me etc yet they're still all good pop songs..........if you like pop, that is.
The last two albums have had them venture a little too far and wide from track to track and the results become very confusing and out of order.

I like the fact that this album is somewhat more thematic than the shotgun approach of recent records........and hopefully a whole lot less cheese.

The funny thing about Muse is that very little is actually rubbish.....it may be misplaced in the context of the album but rarely is it rubbish.
I dislike (with a passion) Undisclosed Desires, Madness, Invincible, Follow Me etc yet they're still all good pop songs..........if you like pop, that is.
The last two albums have had them venture a little too far and wide from track to track and the results become very confusing and out of order.

I like the fact that this album is somewhat more thematic than the shotgun approach of recent records........and hopefully a whole lot less cheese.
Rubbish was a bit harsh, but yeah I totally agree. They've just been trying too many different tricks during the last two albums

Rubbish was a bit harsh, but yeah I totally agree. They've just been trying too many different tricks during the last two albums

Some call it a lot worse than rubbish :)
Muse has always been a "watch" band for me, sooner than a "listen to" band.

Tracks like Unsustainable don't make for great listening but do make for great viewing.
One of the best tracks I'd ever seen performed live.......the sonics were something I'd never heard before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back