Official " Sebastian Vettel " is a ****ing HACK thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting see MW and Seb paired up next year. Although its only at Red Bull. Both are great drivers, who would absolutely rip it up in a top team. Surely they both are better than Massa and Heikki.

Vettel will learn a lot from Webber I think and vice versa. They should be a very strong pairing and they might push for race wins, at least that will be the aim.

Vettel is a future world champion, Webber isn't. He's going to teach Webber a thing or two about F1 racing when they are paired up next year. I'll bet that Vettel ends up with more points than Webber.

Pretty funny reading this thread. BF31, what do you see in the crystal ball now?

It doesn't take Einstein to work that one out. Even before they were paired up it was pretty evident that Vettel was a far better driver than Webber. I had a 'gut feeling' when I saw Vettel make his debut in the BMW at the 2007 US GP that he was something special, and I've followed his career with interest since.

Future WDC of the current crop that hasn't already won one? Rosberg. But I can't really say this with as much certainty as when I had predicted that Vettel was a future WDC.

Incidentally, my past record of picking future WDCs among debutants since I started following F1 in 1994:

Villeneuve
Raikkonen
Montoya
Rosberg
Hamilton
Vettel

Four out of six. Montoya had talent, but evidently not the motivation. Rosberg needs a better car. Didn't pick Alonso, d'oh! I also didn't pick Button, but let's be honest, who thought Button would've been WDC?

Actually, I have a faint recollection of Vettel's GP debut. IIRC, it was the one-off replacement after Kubica had his crash, wasn't it? You saw something in that to suggest he was going to become a champ? Not me, from the debut anyway. I do recall, a practice session at Monza, where he was fastest. At the time he was 17 or 18, as impressive a performance that was, my strongest thought was that if someone so young can do so well in a GP car so quickly, then F1 has become relatively "easy".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, I have a faint recollection of Vettel's GP debut. IIRC, it was the one-off replacement after Kubica had his crash, wasn't it? You saw something in that to suggest he was going to become a champ? Not me, from the debut anyway.

2007 US GP, FP1.

2 Nick Heidfeld BMW 1:12.391
4 Sebastian Vettel BMW 1:12.869

FP2

5 Nick Heidfeld BMW 1:13.026
10 Sebastian Vettel BMW 1:13.217

P3

2 Sebastian Vettel BMW 1:12.321
5 Nick Heidfeld BMW 1:12.646

Q1

2 Nick Heidfeld BMW 1:12.543
4 Sebastian Vettel BMW 1:12.711

Q2

5 Nick Heidfeld BMW 1:12.188
8 Sebastian Vettel BMW 1:12.644

Q3

5 Nick Heidfeld BMW 1:12.847
7 Sebastian Vettel BMW 1:13.513

Race

8 Sebastian Vettel BMW +67.7
Ret Nick Heidfeld BMW Hydraulics

For a 19 year old from Formula Renault 3.5, his jump to F1 was a success. He was within half a second in practice 1, 0.2 seconds in practice 2 and was actually quicker than his teammate in practice 3. He was still pretty close to Heidfeld in Q1, margin blew out in Q2 and Q3 but he did well in the race, finishing within the points (8th, but only 0.4 seconds shy of Webber in 7th) on debut.

From that point onwards, I knew he had special talent, and that at only 19, he had the potential to develop into a far better driver than what we saw on his (already impressive) debut.

From that point onwards, I knew he had special talent, and that at only 19, he had the potential to develop into a far better driver than what we saw on his (already impressive) debut.
Fair enough, the difference between you and I is that it has been a long time since I've paid more than token attention to practice and testing times. Not saying it's bad that you, or anyone else, does.

I remember reading copies of Autosport in the late '90s and often there would be an article on Button. The Brits were going troppo over him, but I couldn't see it. It wasn't til '04 that I even accepted him as a legit F1 driver.

Funny that the guy who use to beat him time and time again died at las vegas this year....

Funny that the guy who use to beat him time and time again died at las vegas this year....
Sorry Bud, Dan was in his second year of British fford driving the works Van Dieman and was the favourite for the '98 season. Jenson, in his first season and in a works Mygale, dominated the season and won the title, Dan was 3rd. As far as I can remember, he lacked an edge to progress closer to F1. I suspect, this contributed him moving to America to continue his career or something like that.

So was THIS....

FFS not this again!

That happened because Hamilton braked suddenly to avoid overaking the safety car, which in turn lead to Webber braking suddenly to avoid overtaking Hamilton under the safety car, which in turn lead to Vettel having nowhere to go.

:mad:

By the way, if you had bothered to translate the captions in that video, that's pretty much what it said.

Everything is Hamiltons fault, must be what ali g says, cause he's black.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back