Teams ** OFFICIAL Team Planner/Assistant Coach AFL Dreamteam/Fantasy Thread **

Are you going to be using the Team Planner for AFL Dreamteam/Fantasy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just really like what i started to see from him last time i watched maybe that was back of 2011 or start of 2012. Just looked like he was going to be a really good player.

I guess your right though, a serious knee injury and change in roles may change all of that.

Gray has the potential to be a very good player and will be an option definitely he looks to begin playing more in the midfield. I just don't feel he will be a great pickup in terms of DT in early 2013.

So your gonna have Cox in forwards and Goldy and Leuy in rucks? thats 3 premiums to fit into 2 ruck positions. No good keeping Cox as a forward for the year, youll lose points.

Why? This year Cox would've been just about the best forward going around. I can't see him dropping off significantly. 22 games with a 90+ average is good enough for a forward IMO.

Gray has the potential to be a very good player and will be an option definitely he looks to begin playing more in the midfield. I just don't feel he will be a great pickup in terms of DT in early 2013.

Yeah think you have talked me out of getting Gray from the get go, now.

Why? This year Cox would've been just about the best forward going around. I can't see him dropping off significantly. 22 games with a 90+ average is good enough for a forward IMO.

We all know Cox is probably gonna be the highest scoring ruck if not top 2 for sure.

By having Cox in your forwards lets say he avgs 100 vs Cox in ruck avg 100

Cox in Forwards (avgs)
Buddy 102
SJ 100
Cox 100
Rockliff 95
Thomas 95
Pavlich 95

Sandilands 95
Goldstein 90

= 772 points (Cox forward)

Cox ruck
Buddy 102
SJ 100
Rock 95
Pav 95
Thomas 95
Robinson 95

Cox 100
Sandi 95

= 777 points (Cox ruck)

EDIT: It really does depend if you think the F7 (of the entire comp forwards) or the R3 (of entire comp) will avg more and play more games (eg be more durable). Thats the question you have to ask.

^oh noes 5 points

22 games x 5 points = 110 points.

Find a way to squeeze 5 points from every player on the field and it adds up. I think it is good analysis... I've had Cox up forward for his DPP and will probably leave him there. Also, I can't find players in the forward line that are priced similar to Luey & Goldy that are sure things to improve their averages to "keeper" level. They are great value and hard to overlook.

22 games x 5 points = 110 points.

Find a way to squeeze 5 points from every player on the field and it adds up. I think it is good analysis... I've had Cox up forward for his DPP and will probably leave him there. Also, I can't find players in the forward line that are priced similar to Luey & Goldy that are sure things to improve their averages to "keeper" level. They are great value and hard to overlook.

yeah thats exactly my problem. you raise a really good point keystone and its hard. its just I dont want to put cox in the ruck purely cos of goldy and berger as they are such good value. and with NN out i thought Cox would be good to have and could probably average 105 for the first few rounds.

One possibility is to trade out lue once he hits his peak, bring Cox into the ruck and then bring in someone like Stevie J. Surely berger will get to the 400-450k mark and could provide quite an easy upgrade to a premium forward. that allows me to keep cox + goldy (100 + 90) and then bring in a 95-100 averaging forward, which i dont think berger will average this year. could be a decent plan.

yeah thats exactly my problem. you raise a really good point keystone and its hard. its just I dont want to put cox in the ruck purely cos of goldy and berger as they are such good value. and with NN out i thought Cox would be good to have and could probably average 105 for the first few rounds.

One possibility is to trade out lue once he hits his peak, bring Cox into the ruck and then bring in someone like Stevie J. Surely berger will get to the 400-450k mark and could provide quite an easy upgrade to a premium forward. that allows me to keep cox + goldy (100 + 90) and then bring in a 95-100 averaging forward, which i dont think berger will average this year. could be a decent plan.

Thinking. Dancing.

Here's a team that has Atley Gaff and Breust as mid pricer gambles. Setanta could also be a good cash cow. Also has Toumpas as I think he will star. Thoughts?

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, G. Birchall, D. Heppell, S. Atley, S. Docherty (L. Stevenson, D. Terlich)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Boyd, S. Pendlebury, A. Gaff, J. Toumpas, N. Vlastuin, B. Crouch, J. O'Meara (J. Growden, J. Viney)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (S. O'hAilpin, L. McBean)
FWD: D. Cox, S. Johnson, J. Bartel, T. Rockliff, L. Breust, K. Jaksch (T. Lee, S. Menegola)
CASH LEFT: $11,900

Here's a team that has Atley Gaff and Breust as mid pricer gambles. Setanta could also be a good cash cow. Also has Toumpas as I think he will star. Thoughts?

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, G. Birchall, D. Heppell, S. Atley, S. Docherty (L. Stevenson, D. Terlich)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Boyd, S. Pendlebury, A. Gaff, J. Toumpas, N. Vlastuin, B. Crouch, J. O'Meara (J. Growden, J. Viney)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (S. O'hAilpin, L. McBean)
FWD: D. Cox, S. Johnson, J. Bartel, T. Rockliff, L. Breust, K. Jaksch (T. Lee, S. Menegola)
CASH LEFT: $11,900

Can see why people will be looking at Atley, the roos want the ball in his hands and hes maturing slowly. Dont know about his ball winning ability but one to watch in NAB.
Breust is another to monitor. with no Young or WhiteX in the haawks midfield, could mean that someone like Breust/Savage/Shields could really up there average with more time in the guts. Savage and Shiels can both rack it up so i will be watching them very closely. Savage's average is also quite sub affected so he present a very interesting option. ( I know the other 2 arent forwards like Breust just interesting to see who will get more time in the mids).
This is just my opinion but not the biggest fan of the Bartel pick. Think him and Chappy will slide this year, by how much im not sure, but i think Bartel at his absolute best will maintain his average of 95. I could well be wrong, as they say never doubt a champion player, however i think with the likes of a few breakout contenders last year (Stringer for example) and even Caddy coming in, Bartel's marking ability could see him and Chappy spend quite a lot of time forward in order to keep them ripe for the whole season.
Boyd is a unique pick these days and a good POD, no one seems to like him this year but id expect him to go 115+ again.
Gaff has all the qualities and is in the right position to go bang, however the fact that he plays on the wing and a very very outside game has me worried just a little as to how much he can actually increase his average.
Rest of the team is solid however :)

Can see why people will be looking at Atley, the roos want the ball in his hands and hes maturing slowly. Dont know about his ball winning ability but one to watch in NAB.
Breust is another to monitor. with no Young or WhiteX in the haawks midfield, could mean that someone like Breust/Savage/Shields could really up there average with more time in the guts. Savage and Shiels can both rack it up so i will be watching them very closely. Savage's average is also quite sub affected so he present a very interesting option. ( I know the other 2 arent forwards like Breust just interesting to see who will get more time in the mids).
Atley actually gets a bit of the ball, but IIRC doesn't mark or tackle enough (60ish average is astonishingly low for how many kicks he gets).
Breust is interesting, but I'm not a mid-pricers fan so I'll pass, may be an early upgrade if he tears it up early.

Anyone else unable to get into the Dream Team page?

I'm guessing it's down for maintenance before the season starts. Or it could just be me?
Eh I can get in? Though not a pleasant experience as I am taunted by my ranking being the first thing I spot when I get on.

Hope they get it up and running by late Jan with updated prices and positions for those non-Assistant Coaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

first crack at this...any advice appreciated...

i realise i've probably got far too many geelong players (and melbourne too, probably), but i haven't looked at the bye situation as yet.

BACKS: goddard, hartlett, broughton, vlastuin, pittard, a. brown (c. richardson, terlich)
MIDS: ablett, s. johnson, rockliff, gibbs, ball, embley, crouch, o'meara (viney, colquohoun)
RUCKS: cox, leunenberger (gorringe, mcbean)
FORWARDS: franklin, chapman, bartel, s. martin, lecras, blease (staker, b. kennedy)

Cash left: $343,300

BACKS: goddard, hartlett, broughton, vlastuin, pittard, a. brown (c. richardson, terlich)
MIDS: ablett, s. johnson, rockliff, gibbs, ball, embley, crouch, o'meara (viney, colquohoun)
RUCKS: cox, leunenberger (gorringe, mcbean)
FORWARDS: franklin, chapman, bartel, s. martin, lecras, blease (staker, b. kennedy)
Cash left: $343,300
Looks like your team is suited for a round 12 bye, which is not a bad thing but most people won't give a h00t about bye rounds this year.
Loads of people like Embley, but I hear he may be used as a super-sub by the Eagles in 2013 on a few occasions.
Chapman are Bartel almost locks to decrease in price.
Interesting having Blease from Melbourne (?), very unique option.
You have a few DPP links in your midfield, very intriguing.
Maybe downgrade Embley to a rookie, Lecras/Blease to a rookie and upgrade A. Brown (?) to a premo back.

Defenders: B Gibbs, G Birchall, D, Heppell, P Duffield, G Broughton, J Thurlow (S Docherty, L Stevenson)
Midfielders: G Ablett, T Cotchin, S Pendlebury, M Murphy, T Rockliff, J O'meara, B Crouch, N Hrovat (T Mitchell, J Viney)
Rucks: T Goldstein, M Leuenberger (B Grundy, M Daw)
Forwards: D Zorko, M Robinson, D Martin, L Bruest, T Varcoe, K Jaksch (J Simpson, B Kennedy)

Would Like an opinion on my first attempt (took about 2 hours.... phew) :) $50,600 left

Defenders: B Gibbs, G Birchall, D, Heppell, P Duffield, G Broughton, J Thurlow (S Docherty, L Stevenson)
Midfielders: G Ablett, T Cotchin, S Pendlebury, M Murphy, T Rockliff, J O'meara, B Crouch, N Hrovat (T Mitchell, J Viney)
Rucks: T Goldstein, M Leuenberger (B Grundy, M Daw)
Forwards: D Zorko, M Robinson, D Martin, L Bruest, T Varcoe, K Jaksch (J Simpson, B Kennedy)

Would Like an opinion on my first attempt (took about 2 hours.... phew) :) $50,600 left

I think Rockliff is wasted in your mids, move him to your forwards as you only have 3 premo's there. Also 2 mid pricers (Breust & Varcoe) in your forwards is 1 too many especially since neither has ever averaged 80+ before. Perhaps Rockliff to forwards and swap one of Breust to Fyfe/Mundy or Varcoe to Luke Ball in your mids. Other than that it looks a very strong team on paper.

I think Rockliff is wasted in your mids, move him to your forwards as you only have 3 premo's there. Also 2 mid pricers (Breust & Varcoe) in your forwards is 1 too many especially since neither has ever averaged 80+ before. Perhaps Rockliff to forwards and swap one of Breust to Fyfe/Mundy or Varcoe to Luke Ball in your mids. Other than that it looks a very strong team on paper.

Thanks Gingy. cheers for the advise. thinking i might reshape the forward line. tayler walker is looking like a smokey now tippet is gone

No Fanfooty/Assistant Coach (cb*/cheapo) so no idea of prices:
DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Duffield/Hartlett, Pittard, Stevenson (B Goodes/Docherty/Terlich, Vlastuin)
MID: GAblett, Pendlebury, Cotchin, Redden, Zorko, Hrovat, Viney, O'Meara (Mayes, J Lonergan/Wines/Crouch)
RUC: Sandilands, Leuenberger (Gorringe, O'Hailpin)
FWD: S Johnson, Cox, Rockliff, D Martin, Varcoe, Mayes (Menzel, Staker)

Would imagine it would JUST fit into the cap?

No Fanfooty/Assistant Coach (cb*/cheapo) so no idea of prices:
DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Duffield/Hartlett, Pittard, Stevenson (B Goodes/Docherty/Terlich, Vlastuin)
MID: GAblett, Pendlebury, Cotchin, Redden, Zorko, Hrovat, Viney, O'Meara (Mayes, J Lonergan/Wines/Crouch)
RUC: Sandilands, Leuenberger (Gorringe, O'Hailpin)
FWD: S Johnson, Cox, Rockliff, D Martin, Varcoe, Mayes (Menzel, Staker)

Would imagine it would JUST fit into the cap?

You have Mayes twice and you're about 100k over if you go with a few the top end rooks Vlastuin, Pittard, Mayes, Wines, Staker etc.

Speaking of Mayes, I've seen quite a few teams with him in it but will he get early games? ...people on the Brissy board don't think he will.

You have Mayes twice and you're about 100k over if you go with a few the top end rooks Vlastuin, Pittard, Mayes, Wines, Staker etc.

Speaking of Mayes, I've seen quite a few teams with him in it but will he get early games? ...people on the Brissy board don't think he will.
Yeah just replace Mayes with one of the mid rooks like Crouch. Might downgrade Vlastuin to one of the other 3 rook options and perhaps look at downgrading Varcoe too.

The reply I got is that Mayes is highly rated and will play a fair few games. Maybe some other Bris. supporters beg to differ.

Ist Draft:
Backs-B.Goddard B.Gibbs D.Heppell B.Staker J.Pittard B.Goodes (S.Docherty D.Terlich)
Mids- D.Swan G.Ablett D.Beams T.Cotchin S.Mitchell L.Ball K.Mitchell J.O'Meara (N.Hrovat J.Viney)
Rucks- T.Goldstein M.Luenberger (B.Grundy L.McBean)
Forwards- L.Franklin D.Cox T.Rockliff D.Martin K.Jaksch B.Macaffer (J.Simpson T.Lee)

Goddard Gibbs Duffield Hanley Geary Stevenson (Docherty Terlich)
Ablett Pendlebury Stanton Hannebery Rischitelli Viney K. Mitchell B. Goodes (O'Meara B. Crouch)
Leuenberger Sandilands (Gorringe Witts)
Cox Rockliff Zorko Broughton Varcoe Jenkins (Staker Macaffer)
Cash in the bank: $300
All thoughts appreciated including the inevitable criticism that will come with selecting 8 mid pricers. Risky but all should increase in value significantly. Having some fun and going unique and a bit make or break this year.

Back