old school gaming

Remove this Banner Ad

Timmy Houlihan

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
About 2 months ago my xbox got red ring of death so i went back to the trusty old ps2 for my gaming. I've been loving it. I still haven't sent my xbox away for repair (the warranty lasts to April 2012) because of the mad time i have been having with ps2.

Is anyone else like this, not playing the most current consoles but back in the last generation of consoles? I've been having a ridiculous amount of fun playing Burnout revenge (set a new road rage record:66) and just finished Max Payne.:cool:

best game evr made is.......

Alex_Kidd_in_Miracle_World_SMS_ScreenShot1.gif

honourable mention to

634062-super_mario_bros_3_boxfront_744048_large.jpg

me and an ex gf busted out her old SNES a few years back.....lots of fun

Just ordered some super nintendo controllers and a usb adapter online, cant wait to crank some megaman X, link to the past and street fighter 2 on my 60 inch tv! :thumbsu:

PS: anyone remember a game called space taxi on the commodore 64? Or Granny's garden? Epic.

This is a bit like talking about those old time grand finals that Brisbane won. :p:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

best game evr made is.......

Alex_Kidd_in_Miracle_World_SMS_ScreenShot1.gif

honourable mention to

634062-super_mario_bros_3_boxfront_744048_large.jpg

me and an ex gf busted out her old SNES a few years back.....lots of fun
Alex Kidd then Mario. I'd have it in that order too :D There's no pedicopter in Mario :rolleyes:

I think i had one of the first Sega Master Systems in Oz. My nanna won it along with other stuff on Wheel Of Fortune. It came with one game, Transbot. It wasn't a cartridge, it was like a credit card thing that slotted into the front. We couldn't even find anywhere to buy games for it.

sega-master-system1.png

[YOUTUBE]8kzmHCYnSQg[/YOUTUBE]

I think i had one of the first Sega Master Systems in Oz. My nanna won it along with other stuff on Wheel Of Fortune. It came with one game, Transbot. It wasn't a cartridge, it was like a credit card thing that slotted into the front. We couldn't even find anywhere to buy games for it.

sega-master-system1.png

[youtube]8kzmHCYnSQg[/youtube]
Ahhh the pause button on the console itself. Brilliant :p Edging towards the console to pause it while playing at the same time was a fine art. It got even harder when the machine got older and older and it would switch off the second it was touched :eek:

So far ive spent more time playing Zork on Black Ops then i have Black Ops single player lol.

Plus i still play the original leisure suit larry games and you dont know jack :D

Both games were gold.

Its time for a gibberish question!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back