Open NAT - A must for Multi-Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Uhhhh wtf? I was really happy with myself that I figured out our password for the router is nothing but now I've got to apply the forwarding of ports or some s**t, one of the steps in the guide of Black Ops Port Forwarding.

Have a problem with my xbox live just wondering if anyone could help me.

We got a new router recently and everytime i turn my xbox on my nat type goes back to strict. Its something to do with the UPnP settings, whenever i enable it the nat type goes to open however once the xbox turns off the UPnP is disabled and the settings go back to strict.

anyone got any advice?

Have a problem with my xbox live just wondering if anyone could help me.

We got a new router recently and everytime i turn my xbox on my nat type goes back to strict. Its something to do with the UPnP settings, whenever i enable it the nat type goes to open however once the xbox turns off the UPnP is disabled and the settings go back to strict.

anyone got any advice?

Try giving your xbox a static IP if you haven't already.

And team mo, top corner, link to skip the ad

moderate is fine, open would be better

on ps3

type 1 is open
type 2 is moderate
type 3 is a problem

Yep moderate will be fine to connect to consoles with OPEN or MODERATE NAT however will not connect to consoles with STRICT NAT.

1a1e56b7-3057-4109-9694-8461558b7655.JPG

Anything but an open NAT will eventually result in you being unable to join certain players, which usually results in people going on websites and posting "OMG MATCHMAKING SUX" about the game they are playing at the time

Yep that person in your party that keeps getting booted when you go into a new game will have something less than open NAT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any proof that putting your PS3 in the DMZ is a security risk?

I have mine in my DMZ. And so does about 40 others on our PS3 Madden League. We recommend it.

Ive always had mine in the DMZ too

So too clarify, is it a security risk or not?

There is no risk regarding security/virus' etc when using this with the ps3. Your router will only send the traffic through to the DMZ that you have specified.

Putting your PS3 into a DMZ is not a bad thing, and is much easier than opening port for the reason listed above.

Maybe, DMZ means there is no firewalls could be potential to get exploited. Opening Ports still maintains your firewalls. It's more secure to port forward.

I can't find my Netgear model on the site

It says its an EVG2000, but maybe thats incorrect

tried checking the serial number for matches and i got nothing

AFL live is laggy most games for me. Played 2 online unlagged games and lost 1 by 10 points and won the other by 19

Got a lagged match and lost by 98

I know my 360 is moderate NAT, as that was the arning i got on Blops

Would love to (safely) rectify it

I don't think it makes a difference, I still have some of those laggy matches in AFL Live (end up losing :() and I have OPEN Nat, I think it is the net latency itself, although, considering the majority of users are in Oz, shouldn't make much of a difference, could it be the amount of users on at one time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back