Strategy Operation Sign Alastair Clarkson 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

someone like oozy could be a trainwreck by the end of 2022. melb supporters might finally get their revenge for mark neeld.... if korda manages to make it to the new year, he would find it hard to make it thru next season with an oozy in tow

mick malthouse has just used the clarkson situation to restate once again that he shouldnt have been "replaced" by buckley. He also used sam mitchell's status as a champion player to restate once again that buckley being a champion player didnt make him a champion coach...

i thought it was pretty good how he used a defence on clarko to restate his gripe...

Mick never misses an opportunity to make it all about him.

Mick never misses an opportunity to make it all about him.

"History has shown that there's been some great players who have been great coaches, there's been some great players who have been good coaches and there's been some that have been disasters," Malthouse said.

so the game is guessing which category malthouse thinks buckley is in......

I’m in the minority here but I don’t want him.

1. Coaches are only as good as the cattle they have... and he had pretty sensational players at the hawks. Once that generation of talent finished at the Hawks, Clarko has been an average coach since. Will be different for Clarko at the blues or pies than his early hawks days

2. The man on the mark rule has led to more direct footy than the possession game. Older coaches tend to be quite fixed in their game plan and football philosophy. Clarko, Bucks, Brad Scott etc are coaching an older brand of footy... just like Malthouse was by the time he got to the blues

3. Harvey has shown that the way forward is faster more corridor based ball movement. We’re playing better flowing footy under Harvey than what we did under possession focused Bucks

Don Pyke is the man we should be targeting
I think you’re being a bit harsh under dot point 1. Many clubs have had great lists and have not delivered…let alone three times. They tried the rebuild on the run scenario by picking up cheap damaged goods and it didn’t work.

The rest of your post I can not agree or disagree with, as I don’t know whether he has flexibility to change or not.

I’m in the minority here but I don’t want him.

1. Coaches are only as good as the cattle they have... and he had pretty sensational players at the hawks. Once that generation of talent finished at the Hawks, Clarko has been an average coach since. Will be different for Clarko at the blues or pies than his early hawks days

2. The man on the mark rule has led to more direct footy than the possession game. Older coaches tend to be quite fixed in their game plan and football philosophy. Clarko, Bucks, Brad Scott etc are coaching an older brand of footy... just like Malthouse was by the time he got to the blues

3. Harvey has shown that the way forward is faster more corridor based ball movement. We’re playing better flowing footy under Harvey than what we did under possession focused Bucks

Don Pyke is the man we should be targeting

chris scott is 3 minutes older than brad and yet he seems to be doing ok....

chris scott is 3 minutes older than brad and yet he seems to be doing ok....

Geelong have either the best list manager in the business and/or lots of freebies for Cats players in the side

Also an attractive place to live outside of Melbourne and the state government gives them more money for facilities every time there is an election

All that being said, the Cats have only won one in Scott’s time... underperformed many would say

You reckon Clarko is playing the game re..

I wanna take some time off to holiday on the Peninsula.. no please don't.. $50,000.

I wanna take some time off so I can strive towards finding more of that new covid normal so that I can lock it in.. no please don't.. $50,000.

I wanna take some time off to travel all over the country side after I asked the Leyland Brothers.. no please don't.. $50,000.

I wanna take some time off to 'get on da beeeeers'.. no please don't.. $50,000.

I wanna take some time off to travel all over the country side after I asked the Leyland Brothers.. no please don't.. $50,000.

I always imagined you were much younger than you clearly are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I mentioned elsewhere, if comes down to Carlton and Collingwood, I reckon Clarko would choose us. Why? Because we don't have to sack a coach to get him. And Clarko woud take that point seriously into consideration.

Geelong have either the best list manager in the business and/or lots of freebies for Cats players in the side

Also an attractive place to live outside of Melbourne and the state government gives them more money for facilities every time there is an election

All that being said, the Cats have only won one in Scott’s time... underperformed many would say
Have you ever lived in Geelong?

Would be a devastating blow for us if we lost out to Carlton I feel.
Nonsense!

You know if Carltank sign Clarkson, they only get Alastair Clarkson the man, and not the four premierships he’s achieved elsewhere, right?!

Clarkson is a great coach, but he’s currently in charge of a struggling team and would be going to a team who has been beyond struggling for two decades. There’s no guarantee that he would be at the confluence of innovation and brilliant drafting (Hodge/Mitchell/Lewis/Franklin/Roughead) as he was at Hawthorn.

A great CV is just that, and we need to get the right coach for the next ten years, not the previous ten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back