Prediction Optimistic Thread (Delusion)

Remove this Banner Ad

You must have done them before we lost to Adelaide. The big upsets will be us beating the Hawks and Freo. If we get to 13 wins we will finish 8th. Would be funny if 8th side ends up with 12 wins given currently 8th and 9th sit on 9 wins.
I just did again

Geelong and Adelaide have some 50/50 games

I think Collingwood and Sydney could both be losses for Geelong, Adelaide
Bulldogs have a couple of 50/50 games
I could see Adelaide winning all but one game except West Coast.

I'm not sure where Sydney is at

North and Richmond look like they are there

I just did another ladder predictor, and I got

9th Port (Win all games)
10th Bulldogs

I just did again

Geelong and Adelaide have some 50/50 games

I think Collingwood and Sydney could both be losses for Geelong, Adelaide
Bulldogs have a couple of 50/50 games
I could see Adelaide winning all but one game except West Coast.

I'm not sure where Sydney is at

North and Richmond look like they are there

I just did another ladder predictor, and I got

9th Port (Win all games)
10th Bulldogs
There will be upsets, there always in August - 1 or 2 a week.

Last edited:
]We have 2 games left against the top 4 teams - we are 1W 4L against those teams - Hawks at Docklands and Freo at home [3 loses by 10 pts or less]

We have 2 games left against the 5-12th teams - we are 4W 3L against those teams - WB at Docklands and GWS at home

We have 2 games left against the 13-18 teams - we are 2W 2L against those teams - StK at home and Gold Coast away
So we can expect to win 2 games out of the next 6.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Been good for weeks. Someone here said - I can't remember who said it - if he wasn't such a pretty boy he'd get way more plaudits for his hard, tough work.

I think with Hartlett being pick 4 comes with it the expectation of being a superstar instead of being just a very good player with some outstanding attributes.

The early Buckley comparisons did him no favours, and nor did the hamstring issues.

Port's undefeated at Etihad stadium so far this year, sitting at 2-0. The optimist would say that the record will stay intact after we play the Hawks there on 21 August.
At the start of the season, I thought we'd go 18-4 and the 4 losses would be the 4 games at Docklands.

If you'd told me we'd be 2-0 at Docklands after 16 games and yet only have 7 wins in total on the board, I'd have had you certified.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been good for weeks. Someone here said - I can't remember who said it - if he wasn't such a pretty boy he'd get way more plaudits for his hard, tough work.

Spot on. Every week he is in the clinches fighting for the footy using his considerable bulk. People just lazily assume because of his looks and the weapons associated with his outside game that he doesn't work hard enough or some s**t like that when he's not getting the space to unleash his 70m kick - but that's not actually his role in the team.

Still a mathematical chance.

Now kicked the 4th highest number of goals 225 behind Hawks, Eagles and Roos. 54 goals in the last 3 weeks. Ie 171 goals in other 14 games.

Next week will be another 20 goal v 17 goal shoot out under the roof.

Still a mathematical chance.

Now kicked the 4th highest number of goals 225 behind Hawks, Eagles and Roos. 54 goals in the last 3 weeks. Ie 171 goals in other 14 games.

Next week will be another 20 goal v 17 goal shoot out under the roof.
We are better than a mathematical chance...problem is we have to beat freo and hawks ...let alone the bullies this week

We are better than a mathematical chance...problem is we have to beat freo and hawks ...let alone the bullies this week
How are we better than a mathematical chance? We cant afford to lose a game.

Mathematical chance to me implies you require results to go your way and its out of your control...

Where as we can still control our season by winning every game from here on in....

but to me its improbable that will happen
8th side will have 12 wins. The question is will you need 12 + a draw? So as this is an optimistic thread not a hard nosed reality thread we are still a mathematical chance. Thats all you can say at the moment.

Last edited:
Im more confident of wins against Freo and Hawks then the Doggies game this week. Our mids will struggle without Wines who was almost BOG last game and the return of Bont for them @ home. The freo game may see them resting everyone as with the hawks game both sides being locked away.

I had a crack at the ladder predictor last night and I reckon REH is right, 12 should get you in. So we may be able to drop one game but certainly no more than that.
i dont think 12 will get you in because both geelonf & adelaide have the draw and their last match will most probably give one of those teams 12 and a half wins. We need all 13, this week is as big a test as any, the bulldogs have been pretty much unstoppable at etihad, the bit of luck we need might be Freo having top spot sown up by the last round and they rest 5 or 6 players

We will smash fremantle in the last round. They will have a top 2 spot stitched up (perhaps top) and will not want to have their best players travel to adelaide the week before when they can afford to have the rest

I think I'm gonna be pretty upset about the fix that was Port Adelaide vs. Carlton if we miss out on the 8 by a win.

Honestly I think we can do anything if we can make it to the finals. The players seem to be in the right frame of mind again, hopefully it won't be a case of too little too late, but a win against the doggies would be huge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back