Prediction Optimistic Thread (Delusion)

Remove this Banner Ad

No you are not. You are displaying a distinct lack of knowledge regarding the strength of our list. A list which has a lot of upside imp.

Seriously?

Is this back to the future.. Are we “12th and loving it” again? Clearly by now, its clear our list is nowhere near premiership standard... Upside sure but changes are needed. Our forward line is a dysfunctional mess without a KPP.

If a midfielder in wingard hadn't kicked 25 goals this year we would be battling it out for the spoon.

His judgement seems to be better than yours, maybe his appraisal of where this club is is better!

Apologies for being optimistic in the optimistic thread.

Apologies for being optimistic in the optimistic thread.

The only thing i can think of that is of any optimistic value is atleast now the season is officially over and we don’t have to hear anymore fluffy bullshit like we still have a chance, never give in ect. We might actually win a few meaningless games with the pressure off. The s**t has finally hit the fan and reality of missing finals this year can smack Ken and the playing group in the face..time for supporters to see some serious change this week. The leadership group has a lot to answer for.

Port is in for the long term. We want a decade of successful like Geelong/Hawthorn/Collingwood/Sydney. This year is the blip required to ensure an in depth review of what is required will be undertaken and our long term success ensured.

We have come from a horrible place and have began the right process over the last two years. Now we need to ensure we push on upwards in the right direction.

We need to look at our players, facilities, tactics, fitness/conditioning, skills, training, preseason, coaches and long term strategy.

Port is in for the long term. We want a decade of successful like Geelong/Hawthorn/Collingwood/Sydney. This year is the blip required to ensure an in depth review of what is required will be undertaken and our long term success ensured.

We have come from a horrible place and have began the right process over the last two years. Now we need to ensure we push on upwards in the right direction.

We need to look at our players, facilities, tactics, fitness/conditioning, skills, training, preseason, coaches and long term strategy.

Mate , pretty sure we had an internal review in 2012.

Nothing to really be positive about at the moment.

At least the mongs and mouthbreathers are out in force and can say that they were right.

We are going to make a profit this year. We are not good at football but we at least going to be in the black.

I like it!

We gon get on a rol and win 6 in a row.

We are still a chance of making finals right?? o_O

Just have to win every game - Remember Richmond last season!

The only thing i can think of that is of any optimistic value is atleast now the season is officially over and we don’t have to hear anymore fluffy bullshit like we still have a chance, never give in ect. We might actually win a few meaningless games with the pressure off. The s**t has finally hit the fan and reality of missing finals this year can smack Ken and the playing group in the face..time for supporters to see some serious change this week. The leadership group has a lot to answer for.

#Bringbackthebutch ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously?

Is this back to the future.. Are we “12th and loving it” again? Clearly by now, its clear our list is nowhere near premiership standard... Upside sure but changes are needed. Our forward line is a dysfunctional mess without a KPP.

If a midfielder in wingard hadn't kicked 25 goals this year we would be battling it out for the spoon.
97% is not wooden spoon material. We've won narrow games, and lost narrow games.

Something I thought of yesterday was that the changing of the game hasn't suited us well, with all the stoppages and all. All year I've seen teams play a zone against us.

Crows had a different one than the bulldogs. Bulldogs had 5 guys in a 2-3 formation between chb and centre, whereas the crows had one between chb and centre and a spaced out toward the wings. I'm surprized with the team we have, that we haven't been able to adopt the play of WCE and Hawks. I think perhaps fitness may have been a small issue, skills definitely need work and we need much better transition into fwd 50.

We need to be less predictable with more game plays, more game plans to switch to
Lobbe needs to work on his overall game, he looks slow and lethargic around the ground. It was only when he got put up fwd and probably baked that he took a clutch mark and goal.
Ryder is a tough one, He dominated the ruck last night in the last qtr, and is unreal, but also caused headaches in the fwd 50, kinda like Gray. I'm hoping Redden can put some pressure on Lobbe. Look at WCE and Hawks, they have a schulz and a Big forward with skill. If we get the ruck going well, Ryder can play fwd.
Moore and Young need to step it up to the next level, they have a lot of talent, but don't use it enough.

Lets not forget the loss of Polec and White. That has to have an effect on our run. Its obvious Ken wants run in the side, I think we should try and find a quick tall for the forward line or a quick midfielder.

We are still a mathematical chance but s**t we have to play better each week to sneak in.

Since I put up my graphic 2 weeks ago, I've tracked what has been happening. The bottom six sides have lost 5 of the 9 games for both rounds 16 and 17. The only wins they have had is when they have played one of the other bottom 6 cellar dwellers Melbourne beat Brisbane last week and the Saints beat Melbourne this week.

The top 4 sides have won games against everyone else and the only losses have been swans to the hawks last Saturday night and looks like swans to west coast today, although given the scores were 81-19 but as I type its now 83-51 who knows if the swans can pinch this. So that is 6 of the 9 loses for both weeks

The other 3 losses have come from sides between 5th and 12th playing each other and one of them losing. Even though we havent had any big shock upsets yet, history says that we will start getting 1 or 2 a week in August.

151762_aeef250ece6694e42d4567f8940bc55c.png

Last edited:
We are still a mathematical chance but s**t we have to play better each week to sneak in.

Since I put up my graphic 2 weeks ago, I've tracked what has been happening. The bottom six sides have lost 5 of the 9 games for both rounds 16 and 17. The only wins they have had is when they have played one of the other bottom 6 cellar dwellers Melbourne beat Brisbane last week and the Saints beat Melbourne this week.

The top 4 sides have won games against everyone else and the only losses have been swans to the hawks last Saturday night and looks like swans to west coast today, although given the scores were 81-19 but as I type its now 83-51 who knows if the swans can pinch this. So that is 6 of the 9 loses for both weeks

The other 3 losses have come from sides between 5th and 12th playing each other and one of them losing. Even though we havent had any big shock upsets yet, history says that we will start getting 1 or 2 a week in August.
Bulldogs winning today makes it harder.

I did a few scenarios, and mostly end up with 7th having 56 points, and either Geelong or Adelaide on 54. Even with our best we can't make it without some big upsets.

]We have 2 games left against the top 4 teams - we are 1W 4L against those teams - Hawks at Docklands and Freo at home [3 loses by 10 pts or less]

We have 2 games left against the 5-12th teams - we are 4W 3L against those teams - WB at Docklands and GWS at home

We have 2 games left against the 13-18 teams - we are 2W 2L against those teams - StK at home and Gold Coast away

Bulldogs winning today makes it harder.

I did a few scenarios, and mostly end up with 7th having 56 points, and either Geelong or Adelaide on 54. Even with our best we can't make it without some big upsets.
You must have done them before we lost to Adelaide. The big upsets will be us beating the Hawks and Freo. If we get to 13 wins we will finish 8th. Would be funny if 8th side ends up with 12 wins given currently 8th and 9th sit on 9 wins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back