Roast Our kicking at goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Easy goals or the lack of is the problem for me, even against Port we are doing OT. We seem to have to work so hard, they should be worth 8 points FFS!!

The thing I've noticed is the amount of shots at goal that fall just short and are touched, or shots that are kicked too low and are, again, touched on the way through. Might just be me but we seem to have a lot of them.

Though my theory is just stick Smith at FF, don't think he's missed a shot in his life.

Re: Our goalkicking at goal

Bumpski, it needs fixing badly after today's effort. :mad: :eek:

Goodesy missed a shot today from in front - but it was many metres wide.

For golfers, it's known as a "push" - but how frustatint is it when great play is so badly spoiled by a skill which can be practised.

Re: Our goalkicking at goal

As Mr Pres pointed out in match thread vs Rich, Reid kicked 2.5 if that is a mental thing for pressure should improve with experience, if it is a technique thing we can help correct it.

He is still young so no huge concern if there are some issues with his kicking atm.

The biggest concern is Goodes, 0.4 from set shots is not good enough for someone of his ability when he is playing as a forward.

Goodes and Reid need to take a hard look at themselves after todays game. Goodes kicked 0.4 and Reid kicked 2.5 and the 2 goals that Reid kicked were less than 5 metres out. Anything above 30 metres and he was hopeless.

Maybe Henry Playfair can spend some time with them and teach them how to kick like him (it couldn't do any harm) :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time I can remember being so deflated after a victory I didn't even sing the team song.

Today's game was embarrassing- especially when you consider that almost half our goals were kicked from 5m out.

I really hope they address this issue for once. Teams these days have a habit of just shrugging the shouders and saying" s**t happens we'll be better next time" when the goal kicking drops to Auskick standards. But I really don't think simply crossing the fingers and toes and dismissing a performance in front of the sticks like that as an aberration is particularly helpful either.

I know coaches don't like to make a big deal about goal kicking for fear it will only compound the yips with added pressure and make things worse next time. But surely there is something constructive that can be done to improve our efficiency?

Horse and the boys must be having nightmares about what this sort of thing could costs the club towards the end of the year...

First time I can remember being so deflated after a victory I didn't even sing the team song.

Today's game was embarrassing- especially when you consider that almost half our goals were kicked from 5m out.

I really hope they address this issue for once. Teams these days have a habit of just shrugging the shouders and saying" s**t happens we'll be better next time" when the goal kicking drops to Auskick standards. But I really don't think simply crossing the fingers and toes and dismissing a performance in front of the sticks like that as an aberration is particularly helpful either.

I know coaches don't like to make a big deal about goal kicking for fear it will only compound the yips with added pressure and make things worse next time. But surely there is something constructive that can be done to improve our efficiency?

Horse and the boys must be having nightmares about what this sort of thing could costs the club towards the end of the year...

I agree completely with this. Coaches may shrug it off but our goal kicking is becoming a real issue, something that will cost us games.

Currently the Swans have Nick Davis and Stewart Dew on the books (not to mention John Longmire). Both Davis and Dew should focus on helping our players with their kicking because what we are currently dishing out is unacceptable.

Agree with the OP, the goalkicking coach (if there is one) should be "de-listed" immediately.

That was utterly disgraceful today.

I agree completely with this. Coaches may shrug it off but our goal kicking is becoming a real issue, something that will cost us games.

Currently the Swans have Nick Davis and Stewart Dew on the books (not to mention John Longmire). Both Davis and Dew should focus on helping our players with their kicking because what we are currently dishing out is unacceptable.

Not to mention we have one of the best set shots in the game in Daniel Bradshaw, maybe we should make him earn the $$ we are paying him and teach the boys how to kick straight!

North game was alright in your books then?

Not sure it's a lack of coaching. Reid was getting more nervous with each miss and it spread like a virus through the side, can get all the experts you like in, the problem is between the players ears generally, Reid I have seen kick the ball beautifully for instance

Get a psychologist to do some hypnotherapy with kicking rehearsal in trance. Can be as good as the real thing without the physical demands.

Borrow Travis clokes iPod. I think on the couch it might of been hardwick who said theres a limit on the amount of kicking players can do during the week cos the physios wont let them do too many. It's certainly an aspect of the game that lacks improvement competition wide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back