Over 30's - Richmond Vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

They get a massive leg up at their shithole of a stadium. 85% Win rate means they can bank 9 wins a year as a starting point. Add in slam dunk away games to struggler sides and they that’s why they are perennial finalists

You are 100% correct. Plus they have that Geelong Falcons team feeding them and crybaby mummy’s boys wanting to go home if they get drafted elsewhere. I’d love an audit of their salary cap.

They get a massive leg up at their shithole of a stadium. 85% Win rate means they can bank 9 wins a year as a starting point. Add in slam dunk away games to struggler sides and they that’s why they are perennial finalists
For starters...stop calling that cricket pitch cum bicycle velodrome convoluted and twisted piece of sheet parkland a fecking Stadium!!!
KittyLitter Park is an abomination of a AFL Oval...that sheethole of a ground does not conform to any known Football Code Ground dimensions...its an Outlier!!! How the fecking AFL Old Boys Club have signed off on this sheethole needs a Royal Commission.
It is the reason the scatters have a yearly leg up the AFL Ladder...Oppo canna park there...Oppo canna get tickets there...Oppo canna even train there..only a few Oppo teams play there..Its designed to cater to and look after the scatter supporters and Team..the ground only caters to scatter supporters..not Oppo!!!
The scatters are perennially favoured in fixture and home park advantage and supporters that they can perennially field ageing footy drafted discarded stars that only have to perform in finals...

Last edited:
Only two clubs have won multiple flags in the talent diluted 18 team era. Hawks, and us. And both have won 3. Right now, we are the last club to achieve that. For all we know, no other team will ever do it. Richmond may have achieved a truly great thing. Especially from where we were coming, and with all manner of rules and mechanisms designed to stop us winning multiple flags.
I really believe that...
When will another AFL side field players of the calibre Like Rance, Chimp, JR8, GOAT, Cut Lunch, Grimes, Meatball, Bolton, Flossy, Broady, DRioli, Houli, Nank ever again in a 18 Team Competition...add Tassy...19 Team Comp!
Especially from an era of compromised draft picks and expansion AFL Clubs and Covid restrictions!!!
It was a wonderful time...the greatest of times...the best of times...watching, experiencing the arrival and success of such a great AFL Team!!!
Ok some would say I'm biased...
But I am saddened to see such a side hobbled in seeking further GF success by the powers to be by bull sheet rule changes.
If the RFC had slowly fallen away I could have lived with that! But to be hobbled and cut off at the knees in the The Old Boys Club interests of game equalization...I call bull sheet!!
We would never do that to Black Caviar, Walter Lindrum, Don Bradman, Margaret Court, Geoff Hunt, Rod Laver..
That is why I feel angry...saddened by the way this great AFL side has been treated and vilified...rather than praised...talk about Tall Poppy Syndrome!!!
Never again will we all see such greats perform in the one side...that is ALL our collective loss!!!!

Last edited:

For starters...stop calling that cricket pitch cum bicycle velodrome convoluted and twisted piece of sheet parkland a fecking Stadium!!!
KittyLitter Park is an abomination of a AFL Oval...that sheethole of a ground does not conform to any known Football Code Ground dimensions...its an Outlier!!! How the fecking AFL Old Boys Club have signed off on this sheethole needs a Royal Commission.
It is the reason the scatters have a yearly leg up the AFL Ladder...Oppo canna park there...Oppo canna get tickets there...Oppo canna even train there..only a few Oppo teams play there..Its designed to cater to and look after the scatter supporters and Team..the ground only caters to scatter supporters..not Oppo!!!
The scatters are perennially favoured in fixture and home park advantage and supporters that they can perennially field ageing footy drafted discarded stars that only have to perform in finals...
Well said

That's embarrassing if u think that.

Damn Grimes is 32 and Lynch is 30?

Guess it says something that when I think of our players, hitting 30 feels like they’re close to retiring whereas players like Zorko are 34 and I wouldn’t have guessed it or thought of him retiring soon. Same with Hawkins, Tuohy etc.

Which part mate
The 85% win rate for the Cats at home is fact (recent article on afl site). No doubt they are a good side but they are particularly good at home

Not so sure they are particularly good at home. It's that the oppo struggle with the dimensions. There's a reason that Geelong score a LOT towards the city end of the ground as when Oppo kick out, they generally kick it out on the full due to the narrow wings. It allows them easy repeat inside 50's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back