P.Cripps vs A.Brayshaw

Who would you prefer?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I completely understand that we have a s**t list, in fact I'd be the first to point it out.

Bitterness has nothing to do with it, nor does my football knowledge. Essendon playing s**t footy for the most part of the last 10 years has meant I watch other teams to get a fix of good footy and I can appreciate and acknowledge their good players.

Perhaps you should give it a shot rather than shooting off about how good your young talent is and discounting opposition players because they're not wearing a red and blue guernsey.

It's a thread about Cripps and Brayshaw, chap, so of course I'll post superlatives about our player.

However, the point remains, for you not to appreciate the relevance of "goal assists" for a mid, especially one in his first year, reveals plenty about your footy IQ, whether you realise it, or not.

Move along.

I

If you had any footy IQ, even just a smidgen, you'd realise the value in this particular stat, especially for a first year player. It demonstrates his footy smarts and how well he uses the ball, which is something every club values. It's what the recruiters at the championships are looking for now.

But you follow Essendon, which has the worst junior talent in the league, rivalled only by Carlton, so your bitterness is understandable.
Haha what an awful post. I'm sure every recruiter is scouring the championships for 'the elite goal assister'.

All the best mids in the comp are contested possession beasts.

Brayshaw is a gun and will be a champ, but don't swing stats to make him look better than what he is currently.

Cripps copped the hard tag on the weekend and still got 20 touches.

Haha what an awful post. I'm sure every recruiter is scouring the championships for 'the elite goal assister'.

All the best mids in the comp are contested possession beasts.

Brayshaw is a gun and will be a champ, but don't swing stats to make him look better than what he is currently.

Cripps copped the hard tag on the weekend and still got 20 touches.
Nah, didn't you hear Trav 20 ?

"Brayshaw has so many more strings to his bow.

Brayshaw will be the better player."

He's a better goal assister (a massive 4 more assists than Cripps for the season, mind you - not exactly proving he's even better at that). Don't need to show any other sort of evidence either. What are these other strings that Cripps doesn't have??

Nah, didn't you hear Trav 20 ?

"Brayshaw has so many more strings to his bow.

Brayshaw will be the better player."

He's a better goal assister (a massive 4 more assists than Cripps for the season, mind you - not exactly proving he's even better at that). Don't need to show any other sort of evidence either. What are these other strings that Cripps doesn't have??
He's been bagging out Cripps in any thread his name pops up, talking down his stats etc.

Brayshaw is a gun and will be a jet for years to come. But throwing terms around like "if you had any football IQ, you'd know Brayshaw is the better player", is stupid.

Check out the leagues Top 10 Goal Assists vs Contested Possessions. I know which lot of players I'd rather.

I

If you had any footy IQ, even just a smidgen, you'd realise the value in this particular stat, especially for a first year player. It demonstrates his footy smarts and how well he uses the ball, which is something every club values. It's what the recruiters at the championships are looking for now.

But you follow Essendon, which has the worst junior talent in the league, rivalled only by Carlton, so your bitterness is understandable.
He's equal 14th with 8 other players.

Tom Bell has more than him, who's one of the more average disposers of the footy in the league.

Back