Oppo Camp Paine in the Frame

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 15, 2009
The Devil's personal coke roadie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Appreciate I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I'm nothing if not flaky.

Our former young forward Jackson Paine has been selected for his first senior game for the Lions. Will be interesting to see how he goes, alongside a waning Jono Brown.

I for one wish him luck, though none at all when we play Brisbane :)

Personaly I think this was a bad trade, but it is what it is. Hopefully Karnezis lights it up once he is over his OP issues. Meanwhile, go well Jackson.

Appreciate I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I'm nothing if not flaky.

Our former young forward Jackson Paine has been selected for his first senior game for the Lions. Will be interesting to see how he goes, alongside a waning Jono Brown.

I for one wish him luck, though none at all when we play Brisbane :)

Personaly I think this was a bad trade, but it is what it is. Hopefully Karnezis lights it up once he is over his OP issues. Meanwhile, go well Jackson.

Fair call mate, I hope he makes a good go of it at the Lions too. I'm not very confident he will make it though I'm afraid. I think his kicking for goal and fitness are not up to AFL standard. I do wish him all the best though as he never really got a chance at the Pies.

He'll actually go alright in the worst forward line in the AFL, maybe the worst list in the AFL.

But he would have hardly ever played a senior game for Collingwood if he stayed, both parties made the right choice.

I wish him well though, is a good bloke.

He'll actually go alright in the worst forward line in the AFL, maybe the worst list in the AFL.

But he would have hardly ever played a senior game for Collingwood if he stayed, both parties made the right choice.

I wish him well though, is a good bloke.

Well with Moore coming in next year his chances would be even less

Paine is one ex-Collingwood player who deserves our support. He could not get a game with us and only left for the opportunity to play AFL football. If he had remained at the club, I believe he would have earned senior games this year. I wish him every success in his career with Brisbane. :rainbow::footy::thumbsu:

I'm not sure why he wasn't getting games last year. Lynch was a poor backup for Cloke and Paine was regularly kicking goals in the VFL.

Yep, I wish him the best at the Lions, and think that he could be good enough to get 50-100 games at a club like the Lions. Even would like to see him have a good game against the Pies, as long as we don't lose.

Bucks was not a Big Fan

Because VFL performances is not comparable to how you would go in the AFL, particularly in the key positions, where the opposition is such a different level.
He had a few AFL games here, and never really showed enough to keep getting a spot... and I don't think he has the qualities to be a regular for a team that is going to try to be a contender in a couple of years.

I love threads like this, where many posters know so much about why everything occurred...:confused:

Regarding OP though, I totally agree. I thought he had great potential and I wish him only good footy and fortunes. Just not against us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because VFL performances is not comparable to how you would go in the AFL, particularly in the key positions, where the opposition is such a different level.
He had a few AFL games here, and never really showed enough to keep getting a spot... and I don't think he has the qualities to be a regular for a team that is going to try to be a contender in a couple of years.

Yeah I know, half the time at selection they pick random players out of a hat;)

I sincerely hope he does well and cements his place in the Lions forward line, he was alway a favourite of mine at the Pies.

yep... us experts sitting at home behind our computers know more about the team than the selection committee.

yeah... The selection commitee should listen to us more:rolleyes:

To be fair, Lynch was playing as a forward/back up ruckman. Something that Paine was not capable of.

Paine would played along side of Cloke and Lynch.

Edit: Unless we wanted Maxwell Rucking

Why do we wish Paine well?

Sorry, but I couldnt give a s**t about him now that he is not with us.

OP reckons his view is unpopular but we will see how mine goes.

Why do we wish Paine well?

Sorry, but I couldnt give a s**t about him now that he is not with us.

OP reckons his view is unpopular but we will see how mine goes.

LOL mate, that is a funny take on things. Your view will be unpopular with some no doubt, but who gives a s**t? :p

To be honest I don't give a s**t about him either, but for the purpose of this thread coupled with the fact that Brisbane is not playing the Pies, I wish him well :thumbsu:

LOL mate, that is a funny take on things. Your view will be unpopular with some no doubt, but who gives a s**t? :p

To be honest I don't give a s**t about him either, but for the purpose of this thread coupled with the fact that Brisbane is not playing the Pies, I wish him well :thumbsu:
Yeah I didnt put my point well.

Good luck to him but I dont wish him well. There is a difference.

Also there are people attacking Karnezis who hasnt yet played a game for us, but wishing Paine well.

Complete load of horse s**t. Can we not support our own?

Rant over!

Paine had a great game against the Suns Reserves. He presented well, kicked something like 5 goals and showed more defensive effort in one game, than what someone like Cornelius did in most of his reserves games last year. I'm genuinely excited to see what he'll show on Saturday.

I'm not sure why he wasn't getting games last year. Lynch was a poor backup for Cloke and Paine was regularly kicking goals in the VFL.

Lynch was okay until he got injured. He also offers the ruckman a chop out which Paine couldn't do.

Yeah I didnt put my point well.

Good luck to him but I dont wish him well. There is a difference.

Also there are people attacking Karnezis who hasnt yet played a game for us, but wishing Paine well.

Complete load of horse s**t. Can we not support our own?

Rant over!

LOL, only mention of Karnezis is in the OP and an opinion that it wasn't a good trade, hardly an attack.

In reality it'll be a while before we know if it's a good trade or not, personally, I think Karnezis offers more X-factor than Paine and that's something we needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back