Past Player - James Moss

Remove this Banner Ad

His hip was always the problem. It had issues so they operated on it, then it had bone flakes so they operated on that, then it didn't heal properly so they had to operate again. It just kept being an issue.

I get the feeling they would have bit the bullet either way. I imagine they're hoping that he'll go away, get his body right, and then maybe come back as a mature-aged rookie but if he is persuing cricket now that door may be shut.

Looks like Mossy is now at the Crows in a junior development role :thumbsu: That's fantastic news, I'm so glad to hear he's still with the club in some extent. His skills are exquisite and he knows all about working hard so hopefully he can influence some young kids - and encourage them to barrack for the Crows ;)

httpbarrack for www.afc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4417/newsid/89010/default.aspx

Former Crows rookie James Moss has rejoined the club in an administration role.

Moss, 20, has taken on the position as a Junior Development Assistant in the club’s commercial operations area.

I'm so pleased we're looking after him and giving him a position since he was really cut down before he had a real chance. Hopefully he can do a good job in the role :thumbsu:

Good to see Mossy back out playing football again in the Barossa League for Willaston. He has played the couple weeks and kicked a few goals.

I think he has played a couple B grade games for Willaston and has now played a couple of A grade games in the past two weeks. By his own account last week even though he kicked a couple of goals he didnt really do a lot and only had about 10 possessions.

He's still gonna play cricket locally over here this year I believe. Not looking at higher levels as far as I know.

I have a few mates out the Barossa way but I wasn't aware he was playing over there. That is good news. :thumbsu:

Nah, I think it's some "community" rookie spot that each team has for a country player. Won't play games but will be around the squad, train with them etc.

I think there's some 15 year old on the list too in order to gain experience.

Nah, I think it's some "community" rookie spot that each team has for a country player. Won't play games but will be around the squad, train with them etc.

I think there's some 15 year old on the list too in order to gain experience.

The 15 year old is Matty Allen, a fine upstanding member of the Yahl Cricket Club. Kid is a deadest gun with the bat and averaged 50 as a 14 year old in the Mt Gambier A grade district comp. Was given a scholarship to St Peters ( may have been PAC but I think St Peters) where his cricket has come on in leaps and bounds. He has came back home for Christmas and a few of the boys who have played district up in Adelaide suggest that he is now near impossible to get out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back