Past Player of the Week - Mark Bolton

Remove this Banner Ad

jacobs had far more ability than bolton - and jacobs attracted more interest from other clubs than bolton - all the more reason to keep jacobs.

Disagree. Jacobs attracted the interest of one club Hawthorn and there was no interest from there on due to his mediocre career.

Bolton remained at Essendon until retirement. He had elite endurance (hence his effectiveness against Goodes), decent skills, reasonable pace and a great work ethic. Due to these attributes he was a no.4 draft pick as more clubs were interested. His downfall was reading the play and decision making which is why he was more effective in a run with role.

Jacobs was smaller, limited endurance, average pace, average skills but probably read the play better. He was a 3rd round draft pick not attracting a lot of interest. What really let Jacobs down was his lack of athleticism and poor training standards.

Bolton had the better career for mine.

Disagree. Jacobs attracted the interest of one club Hawthorn and there was no interest from there on due to his mediocre career.

Bolton remained at Essendon until retirement. He had elite endurance (hence his effectiveness against Goodes), decent skills, reasonable pace and a great work ethic. Due to these attributes he was a no.4 draft pick as more clubs were interested. His downfall was reading the play and decision making which is why he was more effective in a run with role.

Jacobs was smaller, limited endurance, average pace, average skills but probably read the play better. He was a 3rd round draft pick not attracting a lot of interest. What really let Jacobs down was his lack of athleticism and poor training standards.

Bolton had the better career for mine.

We will have to agree to disagree - Never rated Bolton, though he was a darn sight better than Henneman. Fancy losing T.Richards because of Henneman.

We will have to agree to disagree - Never rated Bolton, though he was a darn sight better than Henneman. Fancy losing T.Richards because of Henneman.

Richards was bordering on spudly when he was shipped off....

195?? Jesus.

Played a couple of great games in great matches; one in particular I recall 2003 against Brisbane. Couple of goals, 22 touches, 9 marks. Pretty sure my parents weren't home, I had some mates round, we yelled at the TV. Infact, I think my Dad went to a Rugby Union international. That was one of my favourite games ever.

One of my favourites too. Crowd was really up for it; great atmosphere. *en hated the lions back then.

Was more a case of Sydney offering more $$$s and a decent draft pick for him which was ultimately used to select Dempsey.

You leave when Henneman gets a game first.
That is just blatantly untrue.

Back end of 2005 Richards had established himself in the side where it was clear Henno was done. From memory Richards and Henno played their last game at the club together with Henno dropped off the list a short time later.

In fact I think Henno only stayed on the list because Richards went North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is just blatantly untrue.

Back end of 2005 Richards had established himself in the side where it was clear Henno was done. From memory Richards and Henno played their last game at the club together with Henno dropped off the list a short time later.

In fact I think Henno only stayed on the list because Richards went North.

Henneman and Richards were usually fighting for the one spot - Unfortunately Henneman was preferred to Richards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back