Toast Patrick Dangerfield, 2023 Captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please excuse, but this is a serious enquiry… Did Josh Jenkins move into a coaching/development role?
Cheers

Please excuse, but this is a serious enquiry… Did Josh Jenkins move into a coaching/development role?
Cheers

Was our ruck coach last year, is still on our coaching panel this year but not sure what role he has. He was with other coaches on the bench in our practice match last week.

Wow , I know I'm biased but this Club continues to evolve and strive to be better.

Listening to that it's obvious we are a Club that won't accept the status quo - recognising that Joel is unique and not trying to find another Joel but embrace the change is testimony to the way we think. Music to my ears when Chris said we are a different unit to 2022 and will need to keep improving.
Paddy is very thoughtful and articulate , magnificent choice.

With just the C and VC as recognised leaders they will have a mandate to consult very broadly with the playing group - that seems to be a subtle change in communication style which will keep things fresh and seek buy in even more than what we did in 2022 - we had total buy in on GF day so if that can be bettered we will be in a very positive place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought you’d go with an ex-Crow for Captain… but didn’t Tyson want the job? 😉
Seriously, congratulations to Paddy (but Danger is not his middle name).

Ha ha cheeky. My Ma is a Crow and she still loves Paddy. He gave your club excellent service and likewise he has done for us also. Cheers on the sportsmanship and good luck to your blackbirds this season...except against us of course.

Ha ha cheeky. My Ma is a Crow and she still loves Paddy. He gave your club excellent service and likewise he has done for us also. Cheers on the sportsmanship and good luck to your blackbirds this season...except against us of course.
Cheers, Pavlov. No reason we can’t all get along. All the best.
cat fighting GIF

Congrats Paddy

It seems fitting for the new Captain that game #1 leading out the team is in game #150 in the Hoops

Fantastic achievement for the #35

Worst captain since Colbert.

Needs to harden up or hand it in.

If there is a team problem he should be talking our guys through it.

Done nothing so far to show leadership onfield this season.

I’ve said my bit. Hope to eat my words later.

Ridiculous.

I reckon I'm among Dangerfield's hardest markers but that is a massive overreaction on the basis of a 2-game sample size.

His job is to set the tone at the clearances and he does that. Doesn't concede stupid frees despite hitting the contest hard.
I thought he was poor last week, but fine this week.

It's a long season, he'll have his ups and downs, that's how he plays. At his best he's still a match-winner.

I expect him to bully the Suns next week; we''ll need him to provide a response to Touk Miller.

I wouldn't go that far. But he does seem like Mr Nice Guy with his players. Needs to be more vocal and send a rocket from time to time.

I agree with the sentiment, but maybe not the details. The guy has shown the credentials in the important ones over the years, but I would've expected more from him in his first few games as captain. I would've expected those games to mean more to him than maybe they have. These last few games have required a captain to behave like Selwood/Stewart. Head down, teeth gritted, shoulder to the wheel. Paddy has been watching others do the work a little too much for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back