Patrick Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

He certainly does look to be in for a good year.

We were getting smashed in the middle against Geelong in Q1 a couple of weeks back. Phil puts Danger into the middle and we dominated the clearances

He was in beast mode and he looked like he was running in 2nd gear. Even if he goes, i'm sure he'll give his all for the AFC in 2015

Will be scary at times this year. Only reason i put him in my SC team! He'll get some monster scores as he drags us over the line!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw another couple of bits of play that show how much Danger is maturing as a footballer - one was the play in the forward pocket that he dished to Betts and had Lethal foaming at the jaws ...

The other one didn't look like a big deal, but it is a big change for PD.

Here he is at the centre bounce, Wells opposite.
1.png

Goldy gets the tap, nicely towards Wellls - PD reads it and heads after the ball
2.png

Paddy hits the contest, spilling the ball
3.png

Danger switches into instinct mode - see ball get ball ... and this is where I saw the difference
4.png

He starts to go the ball, and realises that it isn't just his job to get the ball
5.png

He lets Dougie grab it and starts to spread (as does Betts)
6.png

Douglas sees Danger in front of him (and a good few metres clear of his opponent)
7.png

Danger RECEIVES the ball (notice Betts still spreading)
8.png

PD is in the clear, using his pace - looking towards the space ahead of him ...
9.png

He kicks into the forward space - and Jenkins goes the wrong way.
10.png
Now, we all know that Danger is a contested beast ... but his massive upside is that he is an outside beast as well. It is great to see him not taking every contest as being his, and using his many other skills for the team.

If he keeps burning on the outside, and winning his own ball when he needs to, and heading up forward to cause havoc ... he will go a long way to helping the Crows satisfy his need for success.

Got sick of the whole BF thing in the end. I think when we moved to the new forum software his account had some issues and rather than getting it fixed up he just decided he couldn't be bothered anymore.
He's still on the norwood forum occasionally.

and Jenkins goes the wrong way.
26fab485e850ff30be5d03a628442dc7ea7821ee7dfbed623ea95e7eb0d3acc1.jpg

Seriously, good post, thank you for the effort.

Saw another couple of bits of play that show how much Danger is maturing as a footballer - one was the play in the forward pocket that he dished to Betts and had Lethal foaming at the jaws

If he keeps burning:fire: on the outside, and winning his own ball when he needs to, and heading up forward to cause havoc ... he will go a long way to helping the Crows satisfy his need for success.

:thumbsu:Beautifully posted.:thumbsu:

Several times I noticed our players being unselfish around the goals, giving the ball off to a player in a better position. Last year the only player we had who did this was Eddie Betts. Team first footy makes us look like a much smarter footy side.

I read the first 5 posts and feel ashamed...
m.youtube.com/watch?v=FDeystedXJw

Several times I noticed our players being unselfish around the goals, giving the ball off to a player in a better position. Last year the only player we had who did this was Eddie Betts. Team first footy makes us look like a much smarter footy side.

It's called composure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back