Paul Walker Dead

Remove this Banner Ad

Once upon a time we would doubt if anyone wouldn't go up to a burning car with people still in it. Nowadays people are so selfish and self centered.

Got nothing to do with selfishness. I ain't putting my life on the line for someone else (who common sense would say is dead from looking at the wreckage) when the car could very well explode.

Once upon a time we would doubt if anyone wouldn't go up to a burning car with people still in it. Nowadays people are so selfish and self centered.

Are you saying that everybody nearby was Gen Y or that older people who may have run and helped in the 80s or 90s simply can't be bothered now?

Are you saying that everybody nearby was Gen Y or that older people who may have run and helped in the 80s or 90s simply can't be bothered now?
I'm saying society has degraded so much that Yes, it's now more the norm, rather than the exception. When it use to be the other way around.

I'm saying society has degraded so much that Yes, it's now more the norm, rather than the exception. When it use to be the other way around.

How do you know this?

How many burning cars have you seen in your lifetime?

I have helped randoms before, but not at risk of me dying too.

Thats not a degradation in people.

Blame social engineering in the workplace for this.

"If i havent been trained, im not doing it."

I have helped randoms before, but not at risk of me dying too.

I have

We got hit by a tropical storm, 3 times in half a day that dumped our yearly rainfall. The third time the drains by my house gave up.The SES were to busy elsewhere. Even though my house wasn't effected by the rising flood waters, I helped a disabled lady who was panicking to get everything valuable up high, another neighbor pleaded with me to do something about the drain because they were about to lose some s**t.

All the guys in the neighborhood in trouble didn't know what to do,getting pissed off. So I went underwater and unblocked the drain by hand, as dickheads in cars tried getting as close to us as possible, thinking they were smart. Water run down the hill for another 40 minutes before the SES arrived. By that time i was sucking a few coldies , job done,having taught all the locals how to manage it for the rest of the night.

I didn't get a thank you.

Even with fire extinguishers I doubt anyone would have the balls to go up to a exploding car though and squirt it with water/foam.

Disagree with this. I saw a car on fire a few months back on the Frankston freeway. Plenty of people had stopped to help direct traffic around the car/see if the lady needed help.

I have

We got hit by a tropical storm, 3 times in half a day that dumped our yearly rainfall. The third time the drains by my house gave up.The SES were to busy elsewhere. Even though my house wasn't effected by the rising flood waters, I helped a disabled lady who was panicking to get everything valuable up high, another neighbor pleaded with me to do something about the drain because they were about to lose some s**t.

All the guys in the neighborhood in trouble didn't know what to do,getting pissed off. So I went underwater and unblocked the drain by hand, as dickheads in cars tried getting as close to us as possible, thinking they were smart. Water run down the hill for another 40 minutes before the SES arrived. By that time i was sucking a few coldies , job done,having taught all the locals how to manage it for the rest of the night.

I didn't get a thank you.

See thats just it, I dont see what you did as dangerous or exceptional, just the right thing to do.

But that isnt dealing with fire and fuel.

gDCZWTd.jpg

One thing that irks me is when some accident happens or people like his friend break down crying in public, is people's first instinct these days to reach into their pocket and pull out their phone record it. I mean what is the point?

It just seems like people feel the need to take a snap or video of everything these days, even someone burning alive and there are even leaked photos of his charred body (no I haven't seen them no desire to).

I just don't get it, if I was standing in the above photo I would sure not feel compelled to pull out my camera. I understand the media were there too but for the average civilian with their phone. I don't understand the payoff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I disagree. Society gives more than ever. Not long ago nobody would care much at all if their was a hurricane in the Philippines or an earthquake in Haiti.

Sorry to intrude, that's the only time society just about 'gives' IMO.

Besides that, people are generally more selfish in every way imaginable.

Just for clarification, people did try to put the burning wreck out with fire extinguishers, didn't work. Most people that saw the wreckage instantly called emergency services too.

There's a photo of a firefighter having to restrain a man who is frantically trying to get to the car too. By the time the firefighters turned up it was too late anyway unfortunately, so it was right that he was restrained.

To be completely honest, I'd definitely hesitate to go near a burning car without a fire hose or a strong fire extinguisher, the popping and the chance of something exploding again means you're putting more lives in grave danger.

I wouldnt help anyone out of a burning car. For the simple reason I'd rather they die than suffer a long life of misery/pain being a burn victim. I mean, if the car had just caught on fire, and it's minor, and you're already there, and can free a young child, ok, tho you better hurry cos it might explode. But if you get there when the car is already well lit and someone's badly trapped in there, then Id rather they die.

A policeman once told me he tried to help a man out of a burning car, but the guy was too trapped, he had to get back, and said it haunted him forever the screams of the man. Remember too, when there's a large fire, the heat is way too intense to even approach 20 meters away.

Remember too, when there's a large fire, the heat is way too intense to even approach 20 meters away.

Chilling post, that would haunt anyone for the rest of their life.

Just on this part about how hot those fires are, the guy who filmed one of the first videos of the car on fire said this:

To all those adding/messaging me on my personal Facebook page because you saw my sticker on the car (not my car btw..) in the Paul Walker crash video... To answer your question, yes, I one of the first few people there on the scene. When my 5 friends and I got there, there was already a couple on the phone with 911. The passenger side (Paul Walker) of the car was already crushed and burning and the driver (Roger) was unconscious/dead. The first thing I did was get out of my car and call 911 while walking towards the burning porsche with a couple of the friends while a couple of them sped back to AE Performance to find help. The fire was burning so hot that you could feel it across the 5 lane street. We tried to walk towards the car and sparks started to pop out of the car which made it extremely unsafe to go towards more than 30 feet. By the time help was on the scene the whole car was engulfed in flames. Nothing will ever get rid of this traumatizing and shocking experience out of my head. Forever RIP Paul Walker and Roger...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back