PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I imagine you sitting in your lounge room with a Mig welder, trying to attach power cables to a 4090 in a microATX case.
Keep me away from mig welding!

Sometimes we get exhaust fans from the local freeway tunnels and they have nearly a 3 metre blade diameter and I often wonder how I could funnel that through a case.

so are the 4080's much smaller than the 4090? will they fit in mid tower cases fine?

so are the 4080's much smaller than the 4090? will they fit in mid tower cases fine?

No one knows yet. I'd expect the 4080 to be around the size of the bigger 3080s though. My 3080 Vulcan for example is almost the size of a 3090 and that's what I'm assuming the 4080 will be like.

The first AIB benchmarks are starting to come in. So far I have seen the ROG STRIX and Gigabyte Gaming OC and other than being bigger than the FE there is very little performance difference.

There rarely is. The way NVIDIA cards boost even a non-OC model will boost to the same clocks as an OC model. The difference is just the OC models are binned and will have a different BIOS where you're guaranteed to hit the boost clock.

Just wondering which PC would be a better buy as the 3080 gtx have come under $3k with a pre built PC.

Karuza ACE Gen12 i7 GeForce RTX 3080 DDR5 Gaming System $3k

Karuza MARS Zen3 5700X GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming System $2.7k

Major difference is the cpu and ddr5 ram, i think the intel is the better buy since ive seen it has better benchmarks than the 5700x

What resolution will you be playing at? The 12700 benches better but when you're GPU bound (resolutions above 1080p and cranked graphics) the CPU isn't as important. The Intel rig is a better system on paper with a better motherboard and cooler so that discount is worthwhile.

What resolution will you be playing at? The 12700 benches better but when you're GPU bound (resolutions above 1080p and cranked graphics) the CPU isn't as important. The Intel rig is a better system on paper with a better motherboard and cooler so that discount is worthwhile.

i dont really play on PC im more of a console player haha. But it looks like such a good value right now.

Since my PC is really old i think it might be the time to bite the bullet and upgrade for the future. My monitor is only 1080p but if i play games on it ill most likely play in the living Room on a 4k tv.

Great news. The 12gb 4080 should never have been called a 4080. We can argue it's just semantics and historically the xx80ti is often on a different die to the xx80 but the "ti" means it can. The marketing around these two 4080 cards assumes that the only difference is memory which is not the case. The 4080 12gb was always a 4070.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news. The 12gb 4080 should never have been called a 4080. We can argue it's just semantics and historically the xx80ti is often on a different die to the xx80 but the "ti" means it can. The marketing around these two 4080 cards assumes that the only difference is memory which is not the case. The 4080 12gb was always a 4070.

that article is so weird and abrupt lol

Extremely un Nvidia like but I don't know if they really had any other choice considering the amount of negative feedback once it was announced. Now wait for them to announce it is actually a 4070 considering in the statement they say it is incorrectly named.

Are they renaming it?

IMO will come back as a 4070 which is what it really is. Ampere was a bit different but for a while they settled on

Titan(now xx90) - xx102
xx80 - xx103
xx70 - xx104

The 3000 series was too stacked and I knew right away that the eventual 3080ti wouldn't be that much better than a 3080 when they crammed it all on the GA102. Now the 4080ti should come at a cut down AD102 and there is room for things like a 3070ti on the AD104 or cut down 103. Pretty shifty by NVIDIA to even try to pass a high end product like a 4080 on the AD104.

Spent the day actually fine tuning my 6900XT OC.

Found that just blindly increasing the Power limit just means the card overheats and does nothing with the power.

Sweet spot for me turned out to be increase power limit by 5% and undervolting by 100mv.

Higher power limit gets me an extra 0.5/fps and 5-10c hotter card.

So it turns out this OC wasn't actually stable.

Games like OW2 work fine, other more intense games (like MSFS) cause the card to periodically spike to 600W+ and my 750W PSU can't handle that.... so the system would shut down instantly.

grabbed a 1300W Seasonic, should arrive today....

So it turns out this OC wasn't actually stable.

Games like OW2 work fine, other more intense games (like MSFS) cause the card to periodically spike to 600W+ and my 750W PSU can't handle that.... so the system would shut down instantly.

grabbed a 1300W Seasonic, should arrive today....

giphy.gif

Playing through the COD MW2 and it looks real grainy.

I’m assuming it’s because I’m playing it with a 1060 haha!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think I’ve settled on a 3060ti, any difference between the brands?

Not particularly. In terms of performance they all tend to average within a couple of FPS of each other.

As with everything I would say do your research first and see what people are saying about them. Benchmarks will all be pretty similar but there could be other common issues with a certain brand. For example, I know from when I got my 3080 that a couple of the AIB cards fans were a lot louder than others so I avoided those. I could have gotten my PC sooner as Austin got in one of those AIBs but I opted to wait and got an MSI 3080 instead.

After some of research decided to go with this:

Now just gotta sneak it past my wife…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back