Picola District football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
has anyone heard any news on what club is picking up who? so far i know is tungamah is getting rob wren from barooga duane heabich from devernish scott parker from Waguanya and some ruckman from Euroa. David Putermorsi has signed onm as coach again. Also look out for a kid called Mat howard! he is only 15 and boy can he play! started playing seniors when 14 and since then has developed greatly! played all season this year and was even captain for the thirds! but grabbed the oppertunity and got the call up. he also vice captain for the inter league side this year. His pace is blistering and is a very hard at it forward midfielder. The thing about him is that he has great leadership quality's has been talked about as been in the leadership group. will be trying out for the bushrangers under 18 so look out for him! oh besides im best mates with him and he is a fijian born so he has a rugby background. other news i have heard is Katandra are getting a couple of shepp guys coming down. strathy to lose a few with but there has been a rumour Lance Oswald is coming back!!??

any other talks??

Re: Piccola District football league

dazzledavey36 said:
has anyone heard any news on what club is picking up who? so far i know is tungamah is getting rob wren from barooga duane heabich from devernish

any other talks??

Are you sure about haebach. Iheard he was leaving devenish and going to Yarrawonga with team mate josh maher

Heard a whisper that Blighty and Mathoura are vying for the signiture of four-time Deniliquin Rams premiership coach Gary Parsons. That would be a huge coup if either club could get him.

slim18 said:
Are you sure about haebach. Iheard he was leaving devenish and going to Yarrawonga with team mate josh maher
hmm he told me old man that him and his brother drew are coming back but yeah i also heard he is going to yarra?

Does anyone know what the result of the meeting between the VCFL, NSW footy, CDFL and the PDFL was last night (Thursday 17/11/05). I know they had one that was compulsoury for the leagues to go to

themagicfrog said:
Does anyone know what the result of the meeting between the VCFL, NSW footy, CDFL and the PDFL was last night (Thursday 17/11/05). I know they had one that was compulsoury for the leagues to go to

dont know mate? they mite have it on the website or something? but yea sorry cant help ya

What about the Meyland brothers (Mark and Greg) from Waaia, are they hanging around? How do they go?

hank1 said:
What about the Meyland brothers (Mark and Greg) from Waaia, are they hanging around? How do they go?

Just go and ....... ask they Meyland brothers!!!

I don't know if this is old news but I just read that the PDFL will have a final 8 this year and that they will play interleauge footy againts the KDFL (league minuets). Is there any news on what Shep United and Dookie have decided on in the way of team colours and that? I know that they have to have something by PDFL meeting

hank1 said:

yea the meyland brothers are still around and again they were up there with the goalkicking. from what i have heard i think they are staying around at waaia though again rumours were around saying they were leaving.

dazzledavey36 said:
yea the meyland brothers are still around and again they were up there with the goalkicking. from what i have heard i think they are staying around at waaia though again rumours were around saying they were leaving.
I think there would be a number of clubs in the PDFL love to see them go!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doona2 said:
Just go and ....... ask they Meyland brothers!!!

I will ask them personally Chris, but just thought I'd get some other peoples views first. Thanks for your thoughtful input though.
Cheers

the thing i dont like about them is they are so arrogent!! they think they own the bloody football league!!

but they are damn good players!!!!!

dazzledavey36 said:
the thing i dont like about them is they are so arrogent!! they think they own the bloody football league!!

but they are damn good players!!!!!

Thanks for the comments mate.

Boyd isn't sitting on her laurels

By Bill McCarthy

November 25 2005

Shepparton News

Winner of the Central Goulburn Football League's Administrator of the Year last season, Virginia Boyd, is not resting on her laurels.
Boyd has taken on the presidency of Dookie United Football Club as it prepares for its first Picola District Football League season.

Last season she was Dookie United's secretary after being treasurer in 2004.

"I'm pretty excited to take on the challenge. I think I have the skills to bring to the job," Boyd said.

"I learned a lot last year from Central Goulburn secretary Keith Wellman. He was fantastic to work with."

There would be no doubt in the Dookie community that she has the ability.

The former Notre Dame College student worked in the secretarial area at Dookie College, obtained a degree in Bachelor of Business at Charles Sturt University in Wagga Wagga and worked in the employment field in Shepparton and Albury before returning to Dookie 21/2 years ago,

Her husband manages the dairy farm at the college.

While her brothers from the Ellis family played football for Dookie United, Boyd played for the netball club, winning a best and fairest award in B-grade.

Boyd sees a successful football club in a country town as contributing to the community - something she is doing in other ways.

She is a member of Lifestyle Dookie, which includes a group of women who run events such as the recent day out featuring local produce such as wines, olives and lavender.

Along with others in the football-netball club and Lifestyle Dookie, she is working to lift the profile of the district.

One of the projects they are all supporting is the new community pavilion which will include much-improved facilities for football, netball, the tennis club and other local organisations.

The pavilion work is expected to start early next year.

Back to the football!

The changes at Dookie see former president Chas Dickins, a stalwart since his playing days, staying on the committee.

Frank O'Connor is senior vice-president, player Sam Verlin junior vice-president, Ian Lowden treasurer, while the new secretary is Paula Ludeman, wife of long-serving player Chris.

Players Chris Payne-Croston and Chris Ludeman are both on the committee, which has expanded to 24.

The club will hold a special meeting on Wednesday night to discuss the jumper change involved in joining Picola District league.

A sub-committee is interviewing candidates for the senior coaching position.

Joint playing coaches in recent seasons, Chris Burke and Brad Montgomery, have reapplied.

"Buck" McPhee is again reserves coach and last season's Lawless medallist Scott Greig has been appointed thirds coach.

The club is working hard on finding thirds players, after not having an under-17 team, last season.

themagicfrog said:
I don't know if this is old news but I just read that the PDFL will have a final 8 this year and that they will play interleauge footy againts the KDFL (league minuets). Is there any news on what Shep United and Dookie have decided on in the way of team colours and that? I know that they have to have something by PDFL meeting
I believe Shepp United are staying with the demons colours.
Why would they change?
Lol.
Shepp East are going to be same colours but redbacks, and dookie dragons, dark blue, light blue and white.

Sidey_87 said:
I believe Shepp United are staying with the demons colours.
Why would they change?
Lol.
Shepp East are going to be same colours but redbacks, and dookie dragons, dark blue, light blue and white.
To many bloddy Shep Teams!
Any news on when teams are starting Pre season?

Rangers are ready to ride into future

By Richard Goodbody
December 6 2005
Shepparton News

Dookie United's identity crisis is over.
After months of soul searching, the club officially became the Dookie United Rangers last week, and as a result, has also confirmed it will be wearing a new playing guernsey for the 2006 season.

Dookie United, who up until last season was known as the Kangaroos, was ordered to adopt a new identity including playing strip as a condition of its entry into the Picola District Football League for next year.

"The design for this jumper reflects our local area really well," United president Virginia Boyd said.

"It has the colours of the Blue and Black (from Dookie) and a white sash winding down the middle of the jumper to reflect the Dookie bends and the link between Dookie and Dookie College.

"The back of the jumper will be white with black numbers and be printed with a sponsor's logo under the number."

After United was formally accepted into the PDFL in October, the league's executive informed the club that it would have to adopt a new identity in order to prevent a jumper and name clash with the Deniliquin Rovers, who also wear the Kangaroos' colours.

"Much consideration was given to ensuring that our design did not conflict with any current club of the PDFL," Boyd said.

"We're still awaiting final approval of the jumper design by the PDFL, but we're hopeful.

"If not, our second option is to adopt the Port Adelaide (AFL) jumper."

Shepparton East, which was also ordered by the PDFL to change identities, will make a decision on its identity later this week.

Wren returns to the roost at Tungamah

December 16 2005
Shepparton News

Star forward Rob Wren is set to play out his career at his home club after agreeing to return to Picola District Football League club Tungamah.
The former Victorian Country representative, who has spent the past two seasons with Murray Football League club Barooga, coached Tungamah to its most recent premiership in 1999.

Scott Parker also returns to the Bears after two seasons as coach of Wahgunyah.

"For Wrennie to come back is just fantastic for the club," Bears coach David Putamorsi said.

"I rated him as the best player I've ever seen in country footy and I obviously played with him at Euroa so it will be good to be alongside him again.

"When I agreed to coach Tungamah we made a pact that we'd play together again."

Wren began his career with the Bears before joining AFL club Richmond and stints at West Adelaide, Weston Creek, Yarrawonga, Shepparton United, Montmorency, Moonee Valley Magpies, Euroa and Barooga.

He was one of the best players in the Goulburn Valley during his two years with Euroa and represented the Goulburn Valley and Victoria Country in 2003.

"He'll give the club a real boost because he's a favourite son here and he wants to play some footy with his brother Tom, who was chased pretty hard by Barooga," Putamorsi said.

Tungamah lost the Picola District league grand final to Waaia.

Putamorsi said the club was also negotiating with former player George Nicolopoulos.

Meanwhile, Ramadan Yze, younger brother of Melbourne's Adem, has signed with Barooga.

Yze, a prime mover for Goulburn Valley club Shepparton Swans for the past three seasons, joins Swans teammate Luke Simpson at the Hawks.

The 25-year-old is the youngest sibling in a famous football family, with oldest brother Damien one of the best full-forwards in country football.

Yze's signature comes on top of those of Wodonga Raiders bigman Brendan Page, former Yarrawonga defender Nathan Morris, Diamond Valley star Lee Price and Simpson.

bloody hell Tungamah must be paying big coin.

Scott Parker was on plenty at Wahgunyah, Wren would be on a packet, Dodd the same and Macheda the same.

hmmm, arceri... Dodd is a Tunga Boy through and through, his dad is president and he has played there since he was in 4ths. Rob Wren was born there, played all his junior footy there and now wants to play a couple of years with younger brother Tom and brother-in-law Josh Buerckner before he hangs up the boots. Scott Parker played all his junior footy there, his brother plays there, his mum is a furious supporter and last time he left Wahgunyah for Tunga he took a pay cut! That only leaves Macheda, who has played there for pretty much the last 5 years and has a lot of good mates there. He might be on a bit but cash is not the only reason blokes play footy.....

not saying Tunga is the only club forking out, but these blokes don't play for anything less than a very good quid.

Parker, Wren and Macheda won't drop big dollars just to play for their "home club''

It's like saying Darren Bradshaw played for stuff all at Wodonga because it was his "home club''.

It's not the only reason they play, but a huge factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back