Game Day Pies v Hawthorn, 5 August, 4.35pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I don't often go to games, and trying to buy tickets online is honestly making me feel like a bit of an idiot.

I'm trying to get GA tickets, but the website reckons everything except for level 4 public reserved is "allocation exhausted". Is this normal?
I’ve got 1 ticket you can have.

PM me if you want it 👍🏻

Was talking to Ginni as he was going home and he said he may be playing mid in the vfl this week, with Fin and Carmy injured (so whatever happened to him yesterday is enough to put him out for the week) But when playing in AFL it'll be high half forward.

Markov strikes me as the kind of bloke that'd have a smile from ear to ear even if you told him he's likely to remain sub for pretty much every game from now on.

But it'll be important to get him playing a full game or two between now and finals, just so he remains as fit as possible. Whether that's by resting other players completely or having them start as sub instead, I'm not sure. It will be interesting to see.

Reckon he’ll be the sub come finals. Has shown what he can do, is basically the right type - a tall flanker.

Because he’s roughly as good a player as Bianco? Obviously inside rather that outside but still.

Nah

Carmichael at worst has the size to play forward and do it effectively

Is also a fantastic shot on goal

Bianco barely has one string to his bow, let alone multiple

Was talking to Ginni as he was going home and he said he may be playing mid in the vfl this week, with Fin and Carmy injured (so whatever happened to him yesterday is enough to put him out for the week) But when playing in AFL it'll be high half forward.
I'm grabbing a beer with him next week so I'll try and sus some more info.

Markov strikes me as the kind of bloke that'd have a smile from ear to ear even if you told him he's likely to remain sub for pretty much every game from now on.

But it'll be important to get him playing a full game or two between now and finals, just so he remains as fit as possible. Whether that's by resting other players completely or having them start as sub instead, I'm not sure. It will be interesting to see.
Of course he's smiling - he's gone from being delisted by the Suns to playing for the biggest club in the land.

Nah

Carmichael at worst has the size to play forward and do it effectively

Is also a fantastic shot on goal

Bianco barely has one string to his bow, let alone multiple

Bianco has a bigger tank and is more efficient with his disposal. So for me, they're about on par -- as the fact they both have struggled to break into the AFL team indicates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s hard not to love the side we’ve selected this week.

But it feels strange to have none of our polarising whipping-boys playing. With none of Cox, WHE, Ginnivan, Reef, Bianco and Kelly in the team, we’ll be hard pressed to find anything to argue about.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
There will never be a shortage of whipping boys, in fact I’d argue if Johnson has a stinker the same people who wanted cox dropped would want him back in at AJ,s expense. Best to avoid the game day threads.

Of course he's smiling - he's gone from being delisted by the Suns to playing for the biggest club in the land.
The Suns have to be the worst list managers in the league. Lure players like Oleg in with the promise of more opportunity and then don’t give them the opportunity promised and delist them after their first contract.
Give a guy like Wright no opportunities and throw him away for nothing only for him to immediately kick 50+ goals and win the B&F at his new club. I’m sure there are several other cases of talented players having their careers trashed there too before being moved on, while the Suns have languished at the bottom of the ladder. No idea how they convince their young kids to stay tbh. Hardwick won’t be the difference maker, just like Clarkson won’t be at Norf.

The Suns have to be the worst list managers in the league. Lure players like Oleg in with the promise of more opportunity and then don’t give them the opportunity promised and delist them after their first contract.
Give a guy like Wright no opportunities and throw him away for nothing only for him to immediately kick 50+ goals and win the B&F at his new club. I’m sure there are several other cases of talented players having their careers trashed there too before being moved on, while the Suns have languished at the bottom of the ladder. No idea how they convince their young kids to stay tbh. Hardwick won’t be the difference maker, just like Clarkson won’t be at Norf.

It’s not the list manager that gives these players more opportunities. That’s squarely on the coach to do that. Pressures on Hardwick to do better with what they have… he cant be any worse than Dew.

Oleg actually missed the cut with us too and we are lucky to have saved him from Carlton’s clutches at the eleventh hour.

What a great position the fitness and conditioning team have put this side into, they deserve a lot of credit.

A quick search gave me this list of injured players this time in 2018;

Wells
Broomhead
Appleby
De Goey
Dunn
Elliot
Goldsack
Howe
Kirby
Moore
Reid
Scharenberg
Treloar
Wills

Great position we are in these days :)

It’s not the list manager that gives these players more opportunities. That’s squarely on the coach to do that. Pressures on Hardwick to do better with what they have… he cant be any worse than Dew.

Oleg actually missed the cut with us too and we are lucky to have saved him from Carlton’s clutches at the eleventh hour.
Yeah Dew would have favourites.. a bit like Bevo. Hopefully once Dimma comes in, everyone gets a fair chance at selection. They got some academy guns coming through, and with the top liners, think they'll be okay.

The coach is always involved in list management in some capacity. It’s not like they’d bring in these players against the coaches will.

What a great position the fitness and conditioning team have put this side into, they deserve a lot of credit.

Wells
Broomhead
Appleby
De Goey
Dunn
Elliot
Goldsack
Howe
Kirby
Moore
Reid
Scharenberg
Treloar
Wills

Honestly it’s a miracle we even made the Gf in 2018 with the injuries we had.

Yeah Dew would have favourites.. a bit like Bevo. Hopefully once Dimma comes in, everyone gets a fair chance at selection. They got some academy guns coming through, and with the top liners, think they'll be okay.
Pffft. Been hearing that for close to a decade now.

Rupert Wills

FTFY.
Never miss a Rupert opportunity. It’s the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back