Game Day Pies v Hawthorn, 5 August, 4.35pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Point being you can’t blame the recruiters for recruiting the right players, if it’s the coaches that fail to give them any opportunity once they are on the list.
I didn’t primarily blame the recruiters. My point was that list management at a club goes beyond just recruiters bringing players in.

Adams has far more positives to his game and we often ignore his good work and focus on one or two clangers. He will die on the field if necessary for us to win a flag. I like that kind of player in my team.
Nope still not convinced - there is barely a week that goes by on the game threat where posters aren't smashing him for his poor disposal.

Part of the battle previously was losing JDG. Not only did we lose JDG as a clearance player but it made Mitchell less effective because he's the main link in DeGoey's chain.

Mitchell has looked tired and I'm hoping it was an increased training load. Hoping the 8 day break has freshened him up and we see the best of him tomorrow.

That will obviously go a long way to helping JDG and Nick Daicos.
Mitch hates Sam with the same surname. Expecting a big one as well.

Can’t believe Johnson mcstay and Mihocek haven’t played together yet. This is the tall forward lineup we need.

Very close to our best 23 now, with Ginnivan WHE Cox and a few others on call.

They did in rounds 3, 4 and *5.

In round 3 however Frampton partnered Cameron, with Cox and Howe injured.

In rounds 4 and 5 Cox, Cameron and Howe were all unavailable.

*In the round 5 game McStay injured his hand.

So while they have all played together this season only one of the matches included a recognised ruck option and the combination of talls we'll witness this week hasn't taken to the field this year.

They did in rounds 3, 4 and *5.

In round 3 however Frampton partnered Cameron, with Cox and Howe injured.

In rounds 4 and 5 Cox, Cameron and Howe were all unavailable.

*In the round 5 game McStay injured his hand.

So while they have all played together this season only one of the matches included a recognised ruck option and the combination of talls we'll witness this week hasn't taken to the field this year.

Thanks for the correction but as you point out it’s not quite the same. Its the first time we’ve CHOSEN this lineup with no injuries to cover. I’d expect mcstay to be second ruck with AJ at times giving a third ruck chopout.

Mitchell to be dropped. 🤣 now I've heard it all.
Perhaps watch a different sport, this one seems a little hard for you if you agree with this crap.
Look at all the leader boards including the Didaka one.
Mitch around 3/4 of the team in front of Tay.
I also like Adams but he has horrible DE often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s hard not to love the side we’ve selected this week.

But it feels strange to have none of our polarising whipping-boys playing. With none of Cox, WHE, Ginnivan, Reef, Bianco and Kelly in the team, we’ll be hard pressed to find anything to argue about.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Lipinski says hi 🙋‍♂️

There’ll always be one.

They’re keeping a low profile, but if AJ or Hill don’t rip it apart the Cox and Ginnivan fanboys will come hard. You only have to look at the absolute ****ing drip hoping to see injuries so Jack can get a game.

What a great position the fitness and conditioning team have put this side into, they deserve a lot of credit.

A quick search gave me this list of injured players this time in 2018;

Wells
Broomhead
Appleby
De Goey
Dunn
Elliot
Goldsack
Howe
Kirby
Moore
Reid
Scharenberg
Treloar
Wills

Great position we are in these days :)

Ridiculous to play in a GF with that injury list

Mitchell to be dropped. 🤣 now I've heard it all.
Perhaps watch a different sport, this one seems a little hard for you if you agree with this crap.
Look at all the leader boards including the Didaka one.
Mitch around 3/4 of the team in front of Tay.
I also like Adams but he has horrible DE often.
I think they've just eased Mitchell's workload for a few weeks.
I would fully expect it to start increasing again.

Expecting Nick to return to predominantly playing half-back given Markov's omission from the 22.
Last week Crisp played half forward for the first half, until the sub resulted in Howe moving forward. Crisp
was much better when moved into the Nick half back role.

Last week Crisp played half forward for the first half, until the sub resulted in Howe moving forward. Crisp
was much better when moved into the Nick half back role.
I agree with your suggestion, but he lined up on the wing v Hollands early. Markov coming out of the 22 will have zero impact on Nick’s role. It’ll be the same structure as v Port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back