Player in legal action against the AFL and Essendon - Hal Hunter

Remove this Banner Ad

Hunter's law suit may well be the biggest thing in this entire saga.

Think about it - Essendon has done everything within it's power to hide the truth. So has the AFL.

And they've been successful.

The only way the truth could ever get out, is through a court. And no one on the AFL or Essendon's side want this to happen.

If ASADA had a way to get everyone to come clean, they would. But they don't.

So this Hal Hunter case is fascinating.

Unless of course they just pay him hush money as they did with Robinson.[/
. EFC what ever it takes.

Will never happen , clutching at straws here fellas .
Ess just have to hand over the documents they have , obviously there's some coz the charge sheet had them listed and it will show the substances listed on there and that should satisfy them ?
Without actual proof of dodgy sups ( Which I'm not saying there wasn't) what can be done ?

Did I fall asleep for 2 years and just woke up

If there was any form of paperwork exonerating the players why didn't EFC produce them at the beginning

Did I fall asleep for 2 years and just woke up

If there was any form of paperwork exonerating the players why didn't EFC produce them at the beginning
They were in the penski file with the reid letter, dodgy photo and wallis spreadsheet

How come Jobe at his presser said he has NFI what he took? Paperwork... Are you serious? Funniest post I've read for ages

To be fair, I don't think Jobe has much of an idea about anything. He's got that same "What the hell is going on?" look as his father.

Poor old Essendon. They won't be able to delist anyone, because the moment they do, that player will start talking. :)
And as soon as players realise it might be a good idea to push the club for details of what was injected, the fans will call them money grabbing scum and pretend they were never any good at football, and they always hated them.

So this Hal Hunter case is fascinating.

Unless of course they just pay him hush money as they did with Robinson.

The Essendon supporters will just claim that it was really the AFL that bought his silence because... well, just because.

-
And as soon as players realise it might be a good idea to push the club for details of what was injected, the fans will call them money grabbing scum and pretend they were never any good at football, and they always hated them.

You mean like how they turned on Paddy Ryder when he wanted out, all because his pregnant wife was worried sick about the effects the drugs they gave him, might have on their unborn child.

One of the most unsavoury episodes IMO

-

You mean like how they turned on Paddy Ryder when he wanted out, all because his pregnant wife was worried sick about the effects the drugs they gave him, might have on their unborn child.

One of the most unsavoury episodes IMO
yes because judging entire supporter groups on the opinions of a few of the more stupid ones is not completely stupid itself is it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will never happen , clutching at straws here fellas .
Ess just have to hand over the documents they have , obviously there's some coz the charge sheet had them listed and it will show the substances listed on there and that should satisfy them ?
Without actual proof of dodgy sups ( Which I'm not saying there wasn't) what can be done ?
Yeah nah - this isn't an ASADA case where saying "who the f&ck knows" will cut it. The club can't have their cake and eat it. Not knowing will help with the tribunal but makes the club look potentially outrageously negligent. Nice try

Last edited:
yes because judging entire supporter groups on the opinions of a few of the more stupid ones is not completely stupid itself is it?

I use the word 'they' as a collective not the whole supporter base. You guys know what side of the fence you sit, and I cant sift through thousands of posts listing posters who potted Ryder and his missus.

Many of you admit you got away with it, but the amount who have crawled out of the woodwork in the last 2 weeks, proclaiming the virtues of the EFC and what a wonderful misunderstood person Hird is, how the club is vindicated. You get the picture.

I don't take you guys to task when you berate the foamers for wanting the players rubbed out for 2 years or the total demise of the club, maybe you blokes could do the same.

Anyway, any more news on Dank or the other 2 players busted for Clen ?

Wasn’t the 14 day deadline for the AFL and Essendon to produce medical documents for Hunter’s case due this week? Is anyone keeping an eye on this case?

Wasn’t the 14 day deadline for the AFL and Essendon to produce medical documents for Hunter’s case due this week? Is anyone keeping an eye on this case?

Due on May 8 according to Pierik.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/deadline-for-bombers-in-hal-hunter-case-20150420-1mp23h.html

"The Bombers have sought the services of Sparke Helmore Lawyers, after Hunter - a rookie between December 2011 and September 2013 - lodged a statement of claim with the Bombers and the AFL, seeking details of what the Essendon players were administered during the club's 2012 supplements program."

"It's understood the Bombers have until May 8 to submit the documents Hunter and his lawyer Jim Constantinou are looking for. These will shape whether Hunter launches further action."

Due on May 8 according to Pierik.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/deadline-for-bombers-in-hal-hunter-case-20150420-1mp23h.html

"The Bombers have sought the services of Sparke Helmore Lawyers, after Hunter - a rookie between December 2011 and September 2013 - lodged a statement of claim with the Bombers and the AFL, seeking details of what the Essendon players were administered during the club's 2012 supplements program."

"It's understood the Bombers have until May 8 to submit the documents Hunter and his lawyer Jim Constantinou are looking for. These will shape whether Hunter launches further action."

When is WADA's deadline to appeal the AFL result? Do the timelines match?

This is going to be good. So we can assume that WADA won’t make a move until May 9, Australian time, at the earliest?

May 9 matches the WADA Oceania meeting in Fiji. Show’s on baby!

MAY 9 2015
Oceania RADO Board Meeting
Nadi, Fiji

MAY 12 2015
WADA Executive Committee Meeting
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

This is going to be good. So we can assume that WADA won’t make a move until May 9, Australian time, at the earliest?

May 9 matches the WADA Oceania meeting in Fiji. Show’s on baby!

MAY 9 2015
Oceania RADO Board Meeting
Nadi, Fiji

MAY 12 2015
WADA Executive Committee Meeting
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
do you think they will wait until after their exec meeting akka? LOL
better add these to your timeline, if you can type through the excitement that is

do you think they will wait until after their exec meeting akka? LOL
better add these to your timeline, if you can type through the excitement that is

I was referring to the Oceania meeting being the key date, the May 12 meeting was only for information.

It's your club at risk, not mine.
The May 12 meeting will probably be where all the WADA exec’s will be laughing at you anyway.

I was referring to the Oceania meeting being the key date, the May 12 meeting was only for information.

It's your club at risk, not mine.
The May 12 meeting will probably be where all the WADA exec’s will be laughing at you anyway.
Way to get the joke lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back