Player in legal action against the AFL and Essendon - Hal Hunter

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did it take them over two years to finally say this? Reckon the AFLPA will take it under consideration and do SFA because they're neck deep in this s**t too.

Yeh under consideration until Workcover finishes their investigation.... Or CAS finds them guilty, if neither is bad for EFC they do SFA.. Not like they a proactive union or anything..

Why did it take them over two years to finally say this? Reckon the AFLPA will take it under consideration and do SFA because they're neck deep in this s**t too.
Yes - it's a bit late to start representing the players against the interests of the club and the AFL. 2 years too late.

I guess that the cracks are starting to show - Timmie abandoning Team Hird seems to have been the final trigger.

Yeh under consideration until Workcover finishes their investigation.... Or CAS finds them guilty, if neither is bad for EFC they do SFA.. Not like they a proactive union or anything..

I'd be suprised if the aflpa didn't have a basic idea of what was going on at the time. each club has a rep and I'd be surprised that there wasn't at least an off the record chat with hq.

I'd be suprised if the aflpa didn't have a basic idea of what was going on at the time. each club has a rep and I'd be surprised that there wasn't at least an off the record chat with hq.

I agree, but be nice to see them on the front foot, rather than just issuing press releases after every leak..

Bring the thread back, Hal is in Court tomorrow

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...on-2012-program-in-court-20151028-gkl5q3.html

Holding "grave concerns" about their client, the legal team representing a 2012 Essendon player will ask the Supreme Court to order the AFL and the club to hand over documents about the club's 2012 supplements program.

Hal Hunter, an Essendon rookie list player from 2012 to '13, will be asking Justice Nemeer Mukhtar to order that the AFL and Essendon hand over "relevant" documents on Thursday before deciding how to advance their legal case, according to one of Hunter's lawyers.

Patrick Keyzer, a professor of law at La Trobe University and Hunter's lawyer, said: "The AFL and Essendon have declined repeated requests to give us documents that are relevant to the health and safety of our client [Hunter]."

Keyzer said Hunter, now 22, "had the misfortune to be a rookie at Essendon during the notorious supplements scandal

The placebo effect. He may have gotten something dangerous, and that uncertainty, or conviction, is already making him ill. His hair is falling out and his testicles are shrinking. He has frequent headaches. He never progressed from the rookie list because of these placebo / real effects. At least, that's what his amateur counsel may be able to argue. That even if it can be now shown he never got anything bad, he was under the placebo impression for 3 years that he did have something bad. I hope he has been taking lots of selfies the last three years.

The placebo effect. He may have gotten something dangerous, and that uncertainty, or conviction, is already making him ill. His hair is falling out and his testicles are shrinking. He has frequent headaches. He never progressed from the rookie list because of these placebo / real effects. At least, that's what his amateur counsel may be able to argue. That even if it can be now shown he never got anything bad, he was under the placebo impression for 3 years that he did have something bad. I hope he has been taking lots of selfies the last three years.

Interesting diagnosis doc ? Had a needle stick injury once doc .... ho hum, bloody amateurs.

Hey, at least said counsel is a Law proffessor at Latrobe Uni. The Seakayaker is jelly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could not start an investigation until they received an official complaint.

The hunt continues

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...s/news-story/b11ea46680e3d7a28bbace902370c381

A DELISTED Essendon player has had a partial victory in his bid to force the AFL to hand over documents on its investigation into the club’s controversial supplements program.

The Supreme Court today compelled the AFL to hand over a list of documents to Hal Hunter, who was on Essendon’s rookie list from December 2011 to September 2013.

Hunter had been seeking information from the league and his former club to see if he had grounds to sue over the saga.

seakayaker sounds like a euphemism.

He's gone awfully quiet. I remember when he was goingto sue me when I said his legal stuff was bullshit that would get thrown out of the Fed Court.

The hunt continues

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...s/news-story/b11ea46680e3d7a28bbace902370c381

A DELISTED Essendon player has had a partial victory in his bid to force the AFL to hand over documents on its investigation into the club’s controversial supplements program.

The Supreme Court today compelled the AFL to hand over a list of documents to Hal Hunter, who was on Essendon’s rookie list from December 2011 to September 2013.

Hunter had been seeking information from the league and his former club to see if he had grounds to sue over the saga.

I personally like the caveats around his case with EFC

Nemeer Mukhtar found there was “no injustice” in Essendon’s legal negotiations with Hunter.

“Documents as sought have been handed over or, it is sworn, they do not exist,” Mr Mukhtar said.

“There is no shown basis for saying that documents exist which have not been handed over by the club.”

For the existence or non existence of documents in regards to the EFC and this saga is a recurring theme in this saga...

HAHAHAHA

The age has more details.

The judge said Hunter's lawyers had requested:
  • The records of any and all injections, medical interventions, supplements or treatments, administered to Hunter by the club or its employees and agents.
  • Records of all blood tests requested by Dank.
  • Copies of any consent forms associated with any of these supplements, injections, or other treatments and medical interventions.
  • The PowerPoint presentation between February and March 2012 to the playing group supporting the supplements program and vouched for by then senior coach James Hird and senior players and attended by Dank and other staff, and where players were assured the program was ASADA (Australian Sports Anti-doping Authority) and WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) compliant.
  • Consent forms for those supplements that were signed by the players during the presentation.
  • Details of substances administered between February 2012 and April 2012 by Dank and via an IV drip at an off-site clinic known as Skinovate.
  • Details of injections given to Hunter at the HyperMed Clinic.
The judge said Essendon had provided Hunter's lawyers with all the documents they had on the supplements program relating to Hunter, but the club claimed it did not have any documents from Dank recording Hunter being injected with the substances AOD-9604 or Thymosin Beta-4.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/a...hal-hunter-20151126-gl8h7p.html#ixzz3sYmKhRYR
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

Think this clears up was Hunter involved with the program, clear yes.

• The records of any and all injections, medical interventions, supplements or treatments, administered to Hunter by the club or its employees and agents.
  • Copies of any consent forms associated with any of these supplements, injections, or other treatments and medical interventions.
  • The PowerPoint presentation between February and March 2012 to the playing group supporting the supplements program and vouched for by then senior coach James Hird and senior players and attended by Dank and other staff, and where players were assured the program was ASADA (Australian Sports Anti-doping Authority) and WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) compliant.
  • Consent forms for those supplements that were signed by the players during the presentation.
  • Details of substances administered between February 2012 and April 2012 by Dank and via an IV drip at an off-site clinic known as Skinovate.
The judge said Essendon had provided Hunter's lawyers with all the documents they had on the supplements program relating to Hunter, but the club claimed it did not have any documents from Dank recording Hunter being injected with the substances AOD-9604 or Thymosin Beta-4.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/a...hal-hunter-20151126-gl8h7p.html#ixzz3sYmKhRYR

If Dank was an Essendon employee, why is it that any documents he has on the supplement program not the IP of Essendon? He's not a doctor, I can't imagine he'd have confidentiality concerns.

Enough to fill 12 folders worth, yes i think he was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back